Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts about putting in an alliance chat sytem

Default Thoughts about putting in an alliance chat sytem

I would like to know if it is possible to implement an alliance chat channel within the game. This would be a system where a guild leader could invite or remove one or more other guild leaders into a private permanent channel.

As we all know the number of players in the game has seen a decline over the last several years. This makes it extremely difficult for small/new guilds to recruit, much less, do HM's and Raids. These guilds often do not want to merge with other guilds due to several reasons: Some are afraid of possible drama, others have already put a lot of work into their guild cities and do not want to lose it, these just being a couple of examples.

With an alliance chat system in place everyone wins. Guilds can maintain their sense of identity and keep their own guild cities while having a common chat channel to socialize and organize instances with like-minded guilds. This could later be added to by creating alliance raid calenders, etc.

I hope the devs take a serious look at this as a possibility. An alliance chat system would be a huge boon to many players and open more options to them that they would not have had before. I am also referring to this post by Netsike on the current state of small guilds within the game.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...5-Dying-guilds

Thank you in advance for your consideration

Frozentears
    Last edited by Frozentears; 26th September 2014 at 14:39. Reason: fixed url

That's a great idea.
    if you guild has a guild bot you can also add names to it and be able to see when folks log on, also add them to your friends list. The biggest problem with friends list is that you cant add a note with the name.

Thumbs up

I love this idea!!! And it seems pretty simple, but actually I have no idea how hard is to implement such a system like this. It would really help the smaller and also the bigger guilds to organize raids together or just look for members for some HMs.

What FC should do, and something that has been suggested ever since the game came out in 2008, is that FC implement the same ability in the AoC-chatsystem as they had back in Anarchy Online. The systems are similar and built on the same basis (uses a variant of the IRC-system from the 90's), as proven by the mere fact that you can use the same chatbot-program (Bebot) for both games, but somehow FC removed the ability to create custom chat-channels in AoC through the bot. This was a feature that many Organisations (guilds) used to great success back in AO. Hell, I myself ran a couple of them.

I have no idea why Funcom removed that possibility in AoC, as it would be a great boon to be able to create such things. Not just for alliances between guilds, but also to coordinate raids, find groups etc among allies. There are possibilities of linking guildbots to eachother and thus making it able for Guildbot A to relay messages from Guild A's guildchat to Guild B's guildchat through Guildbot B, but this functionality is hell to set up and usually works poorly (latency-issues, slow transfer of messages, prone to breaking down).

If FC can't implement custom chat channels by themselves, at least they should modify the system so that we can do it through tools such as Bebot.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

I would love to have a custom chat like this, please Tomium, if you read this thread, think about this option! It would really help the people to keep in touch and collect the friends together!!!

Was thinking that this would be a great boon for people. RP guilds could have an RP alliance and be able to contact one another much more easily on a constant basis. PvP guilds could just shout at each other through alliance chat rather than global (one can dream...) and 6-man and raiding guilds could PUG off of one another much better if their own members are all asleep.

Where has this function been!?

I may be missing the point, but how is this different than just having people on your friends list? Be friends with an allied guild member, then have them carry your message. Anyway, if they cant fix invisible mounts yet they probably can't add another chat group.

Quote Originally Posted by weretiger302 View Post
    I may be missing the point, but how is this different than just having people on your friends list? Be friends with an allied guild member, then have them carry your message. Anyway, if they cant fix invisible mounts yet they probably can't add another chat group.
    It's much easier to find a members for your raid or group if we would have a chat like this. Why? Cause you don't post the advertisement to all your friends who are online... at least not me. And I also don't want to bother them this way.

This function would let you get to meet and group with players you may have never met before but are part of guilds that you are friendly with or share the same common interests. Like a chat channel like NPH or Global but more exclusive, but not quite guild chat levels of exclusive. A good bridge the gap that would be great for LFG and other such things.

This is a good idea. Lack of custom chat channels has been one of the gaping wounds AoC has had since beginning. They really should've made this ages ago. Secret World has custom channels (and they're really useful) so FC does know how to make them, it's kind of insane that they didn't think to implement it into AoC by now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast