Thread: Unable to start game (localconfig and related issues, I think)

Default Unable to start game (localconfig and related issues, I think)

Hi,

I came back to the game recently, on a free account. Things going rather well, I decided yesterday to reactivate my subscription account. I logged into the account and made a payment, waiting for a while before logging back into the game. Finding that I couldn't unlock the majority of my characters, I checked the account payment details and noticed that my card payment had not registered on the history. I raised an issue with Customer Service who promptly emailed back, informing me that the original account details had been located and the payment issue corrected. As it was rather late, I didn't bother trying to log back into the game.

However, this evening, on attempting to log in, I received the following message:

"Windows cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\Age of Conan\AgeofConan.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

I ran the patcher and did a full repair. When completed, I tried to run the game from here, receiving the same message as above and, on clicking OK, received a further message:

Missing 'LocalConfig.xml' in the client's Installation Folder. <br>Contact Funcom Customer Service. Error Code 150

I've come across the LocalConfig.xml issue before, so I have tried to replace the existing file with whatever LocalConfig.xml's I could track down from various forum threads (both EU and US as, according to my account info, my account is identified as US, despite being in Ireland), to no avail.

I have raised a ticket, but I am at my wit's end, given that nothing whatsoever was changed at my end, before logging out yesterday - the only change being the reactivation of my old subscription account, which has all expansions attached to it (if that has any impact, in this case). If anyone has any insight or advice to offer, I would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks.

try this localconfig.xml

http://thirstypirate.com/aoc/LocalConfig.zip

inside the zip is the localconfig.xml, and you should be able to drag and drop that into your ageofconan folder.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    try this localconfig.xml

inside the zip is the localconfig.xml, and you should be able to drag and drop that into your ageofconan folder.
    Thanks for your reply. I'll give this a shot.

try this localconfig.xml

Thanks again - this LocalConfig.xml certainly seems to have helped. As a precaution, I have also disabled Age of Conan Quick Start and I am running through the launcher.

try this localconfig.xml

thank you so much!!!!
    when all hope was lost ,,, u saved my night!

/sorry for necro , but it's timeless
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Hello,
    (Sorry if there is mistakes, english is not my native tongue...)

I have same problem since few days ("Windows cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\Age of Conan\AgeofConan.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." AND "Missing 'LocalConfig.xml' in the client's Installation Folder. <br>Contact Funcom Customer Service. Error Code 150").

I downloaded Strange UI 2015, but as it did not like it I uninstalled it. And it's at that moment that I began to have these error messages.

I reinstalled the game like 5 times (from officiel website, CD-ROM...), in differents folders, hard disks, I changed many times the "localconfig.xml" file, I deleted all files related to the game or the UI (even in %appdata%), I even did a system restore from few days ago etc... But it seems there is no solution. Even the customer service is out of ideas...

Please, is anybody have an idea that could help me?

Thank you a lot.

Same problem here, worked fine for weeks then this happens.

No luck with the localconfig file. Anyone have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslim View Post
    Hello,

I downloaded Strange UI 2015, but as it did not like it I uninstalled it. And it's at that moment that I began to have these error messages.

That is the reason. You propably wasn't disabled aoc.exe.
    Install StrangeUI again and run aoc.exe (Age of Conan/Data/Gui/Aoc) as administrator, enable/disable. Then you will be able to run game.
    After disabling aoc.exe you can safely uninstall Strange UI.
    Last edited by Yuulani; 20th September 2016 at 05:28.

It seems that I need to change the F.A.Q. so that the info is easier to find

How do I uninstall Strange UI ?
    First, deactivate aoc.exe (right click, run as administrator), then delete the "customized" and "aoc" folders in "Age of Conan/Data/GUI/"