Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: which one of these 4 builds gives more agro?

I try a different approach: how many Dread Shadow builds you keep on your feat planner?

Personally I have this set of tank builds available on my DT:
    - Desecration / General (Tali)
    - Desecration / General for Magic Bosses (Tali)
    - Depravity / Desecration / General, (Tali, more conservative: Soul Barrier and Seal of Chaos)
    - Dread Shadow

As you see I prefer having specialized Tali Tank builds, and this keeps me with space for a single Dread Shadow build.
    For Protection bosses (like Emperor) the new Covenant of Invulnerability (with 5% Hate Increase added) is really awesome.
    It solves an old problem: the lack of Hit Rating when using CoA + Protection Perk.
    Now you can have nice aggro and awesome protection while using CoI + CDR/Hit Rating perk (giving up Protection Perk).

So to get to the point, I use a single Dread Shadow build, and I want Invulnerable Soul feated in it, so this leads me to a build like this:

http://goo.gl/o6V1BX

If instead you can allow to have 2 specialized Dread Shadow builds, you can aim for a build like this:

http://goo.gl/kd4nv0

But to be honest, none of Sustained Rage, Hateful Strikes, Sactificial Fury or Dark Hand will provide you any significant or even noticeable aggro difference.
    You can try to work on shields and gear setup (if you have some imrovement margins there) to improve your aggro more than looking for improvement on those feats.
    If you really need more aggro from your feat, and you have to tank a boss on which you don't need a Dread Shadow, look for a Tali Build instead.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    mind shatter and sacrificial fury?

I'm curious to know what would you change to get 400 magic damage points without losing dps and only losing the armor that improved defensive stance gives you.
    http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory....%2Fav29nNGo%3D
    If you have to tank a physical boss in Dread Shadow build, give up the T4 Tali and use T4 shield instead (Patronage of the Four Fiends).
    The only tali which - eventually, but I don't even do that - I would make effort to use in Dread Shadow build is the awesome wyrm tali with protection, but that's just because the only protection shield option I have is the T3 one with no DPS stats (still with the right gear and feat setup it works very well for me on Emperor, for example).

This also make me think that you are using Dread Shadow build on 6men aswell (since with the initial builds you posted you would not meet the T4 mitigation treshold holding a tali).
    Look for a tali build for 6men m8, unless it's last boss in Wyrm, Demigod or eventually Candle boss.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 25th September 2014 at 14:49.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    If you have to tank a physical boss in Dread Shadow build, give up the T4 Tali and use T4 shield instead (Patronage of the Four Fiends).
    The only tali which - eventually, but I don't even do that - I would make effort to use in Dread Shadow build is the awesome wyrm tali with protection, but that's just because the only protection shield option I have is the T3 one with no DPS stats (still with the right gear and feat setup it works very well for me on Emperor, for example).
    Yes sorry the tali it was a mistake I mentto put the t4 shield instead

Korando, I would like to see you tank sheng with this build:

I'm not doubting that you can but It has to hurt
    Last edited by xiulo88; 25th September 2014 at 15:55.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

mind shatter and sacrificial fury?

I'm curious to know what would you change to get 400 magic damage points without losing dps and only losing the armor that improved defensive stance gives you.
    http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory....b2JS%2FwFvcDRx
    Yeah well, I have made a habit of using Martyrdom whenever i use Seal of Chaos. Feels like it helps on agro and I also get the +35% weapon dmg. For a one point feat, it's decent. Mind Shatter simply because the extra stun is handy vs trash and in sixmans, and again, where else...

These numbers are on my prot build (tested first to avoid the diminishing returns above 55%), with imp def stance but no points in armor. 54,4% armor and 188 magic dmg (only from t4 sword). 51,8% (thats 2,6% mitigation less) and 501 magic damage (ai cloak, wolf neck, t4 + milestone wisdom rings). Thats 313 added magic damage, could have been 21 more with the extra t4 ring. I was perhaps a bit unclear as well, what I meant was adding so that you get 400-500 magic damage on total bonus spell damage, not adding 400-500 magic damage on top of the 188 "stock" magic damage. That would require taking wrists and belt too and that armor cost is too much. It does however make a noticable difference with having 500 bonus magic damage rather than 188 bonus magic damage.

In my physical tank build the numbers with gear changes above is 57,1%, 55,8% and 52,8% (bigger loss due to the diminishing returns on defense above 55%). The magic damage is definitely worth the drop from 57,1% to 55,8% (a meager 1,3% mitigation..) Adding the SC belt to the mix adds another 77 magic damage, totally 380 magic damage added, and losing another 1,4% mitigation, down to 54,4%, taking total loss to 2,8%. With dual T4 rings the gain would have been just above 400 bonus magic damage.

I don't feel changing Indomitable Souls for Scarlet Circle belt is worth the drop, but changing accessories are. With a Conqueror in group having Mettle up the mitigation will be above 56% with 501 bonus magic damage with my gear. Enough for everything imo except demanding solotanking. Also keep in mind that the added Wisdom from gear makes mana pool larger and the benefits that gives for Soul Barrier and Pact of Malacodor (-44 mana each proc).
    Last edited by Shax84; 25th September 2014 at 17:59. Reason: I actually confused myself. ^^,

Yes sorry the tali it was a mistake I mentto put the t4 shield instead

Korando, I would like to see you tank sheng with this build:

I'm not doubting that you can but It has to hurt

Why should it hurt?
    As I wrote I use a build with general prot and Hex Marked Soul feated aswell, because I have only one Dread build ready on my planner (where did you read I use that build on sheng?).
    Anyway, I agree that without any of those Aflame could create some problem with some bad luck, but tbh I think sheng would be very tankable aswell with this build above.
    Apart Aflame (for which you could just put up a bit more prot) what scares you with that build?
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 25th September 2014 at 18:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    Why should it hurt?
    As I wrote I use a build with general prot and Hex Marked Soul feated aswell, because I have only one Dread build ready on my planner (where did you read I use that build on sheng?).
    Anyway, I agree that without any of those Aflame could create some problem with some bad luck, but tbh I think sheng would be very tankable aswell with this build above.
    Apart Aflame (for which you could just put up a bit more prot) what scares you with that build?
    That you don't use iron skin
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

That you don't use iron skin
    You are right about that, I actually have Iron Skin feated instead of Improved Defencive Stance, but that's not almost any difference, 988 armor is more or less same amount of mitigation as 2.5%.
    And you definitely don't need both Iron Skin and Improved Def Stance to tank Sheng with a shield and T4 gear.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 25th September 2014 at 18:50.

If you can get 55% or more without one of them, thats fine..

That's the common trade for a DT, more dps or more survival
    If you want more dps / aggro, then try to tank and survive with less General Tree feats or with less tanky gear. It might be a bit tricky with lack of gear, but is not a big deal with T4 stuff imo.

I'm using builds with 11 points in General Tree (no Cunning Deflection) for quite long time, so I can say that everything is possible to tank this way, it just leaves less space for a mistake. When I started to tank Sheng with no T4 gear I had 52% of physical mitigation and it still was doable. With full T4 set I easily get 55% of physical mitigation, so only loss is Cunning Deflection, which is a great tool for sure, but that's the price I'm ready to pay for better dps / aggro
    Drunk Templar Cimmerian

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelotti View Post
    That's the common trade for a DT, more dps or more survival
    If you want more dps / aggro, then try to tank and survive with less General Tree feats or with less tanky gear. It might be a bit tricky with lack of gear, but is not a big deal with T4 stuff imo.

I'm using builds with 11 points in General Tree (no Cunning Deflection) for quite long time, so I can say that everything is possible to tank this way, it just leaves less space for a mistake. When I started to tank Sheng with no T4 gear I had 52% of physical mitigation and it still was doable. With full T4 set I easily get 55% of physical mitigation, so only loss is Cunning Deflection, which is a great tool for sure, but that's the price I'm ready to pay for better dps / aggro
    ... I can't see how you could use this 5 extra points you get losing cunning deflection to increase agro. IMO, in desecration you have the same with 21 or 26 points (if you use shied) and in depravity you have the same with 42 or 47.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast