Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HoX and Damage

Default HoX and Damage

Hey all.
    Just as a matter of interest..
    I'm a HoX coming 'back to the game' as it were.. and Id like to ask 2 questions about damage and debuffs.. (for PvE.. I get it that PvP isnt worth trying if you dont have pvp 2...)

Basically, are the following skills actually worth anything??

Searing Hatred
    Improved Burning Skull

numbers wise is there any use in speccing them, because I dont wanna pend lotsa gold re speccing... (its cheaper to brainpick people on forums... n'est ce pas?)

Is it worth debuffing everything(the mobs) because I only really get to kill stuff if its stunned by the DE or Avatar.. otherwise everything melts my face in 2 seconds.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brgrds

Searing Hatred will represent approx 4% of your dps, and Improved Burning Skull 3%.

Best 1 point feats ever imo.

As for debuffing, from my own experience, the only place you will need to do it is in 6man. (except if you have instant inferno curse; then it's usefull).
    In raid, as we said in my last topic, other classes do it better and faster so.... basically no need.

voila

Hi - thnx

So if i go with this build... http://goo.gl/KJI6Hi
    Where should I put the next 8 points.. is hellfire feast worth anything in game, I noticed I couldnt hit DE because I spammed out Hellfire Breath.
    Or should I delve deeper into Possession and get Molten Flesh and Phoenix Cloak and fill out Damning Eloquence?

Is there anything I'm missing... thanks for your opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlipso View Post
    Hi - thnx

So if i go with this build... http://goo.gl/KJI6Hi
    Where should I put the next 8 points.. is hellfire feast worth anything in game, I noticed I couldnt hit DE because I spammed out Hellfire Breath.
    Or should I delve deeper into Possession and get Molten Flesh and Phoenix Cloak and fill out Damning Eloquence?

Is there anything I'm missing... thanks for your opinions
    You don't need Roots of Hell for PVE. You do need the self rez though, Undying Glory of Xotli.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Get Inferno and Molten Flesh, remove Roots of Hell. Then Damning Eloquence+Wrath of Xotli or full Knowledge of Underworld. You could try buffing Phoenix Cloak for survival but more damage is usually the correct answer.

Thanks for responses.

So would I be better going for this? http://goo.gl/mqVH8O

is the 'DPS' worth going full out Knowledge of the Undead, and sacrificing the burning skull and searing hatred?

Muchias gracias for your valued input.

Guys, you forget to ask the right question here:

Kahlipso, do you intend to raid only, 6man or solo quest?

In raid you only need damage.
    In 6 man, you may need CC and debuff, depending on the instance and on the group setup.
    In solo content you will probably need CCs.

If you already have Red Shadow of Xotli, you can avoid the selfrez in poss tree, if you need one featpoint elsewhere.

Now you can built your perfect spec according to what you want to do in game

Drop KotU and get the instant Inferno Curse. Much bigger damage increase from applying the debuff than the +60 magic damage.

Small mod to your build that would make it a bit better: http://goo.gl/KtSB2f

1 point only in Burning Hex since the 2nd doesn't do anything afaik (last I tested).

However don't bother with finding the perfect build now anyway since HoX is getting some neat changes in the next upcoming patches. Stuff below is from Test Live patchnotes, not all of it is guaranteed to reach Live servers.

Herald of Xotli
    * Improved Word of Command - Reduced cast time instead of mana cost decrease per feat point.
    * Fire Lance - Damage increased by roughly 20%.
    * Mindless Brute - Renamed to "Demonic Strength". Now adds 7.5% melee weapon damage modifier per rank while in any demon form.
    * Roots of Hell - Knockback immunity is now 25/50/75 per feat point spent, and this functionality has been added to the Red Shadows of Xotli demonic form (which was previously missing it).
    * Phoenix Cloak - Changed to a buff that gives 5% movement multiplier and 30/40/50% damage deflection per rank of the spell, with a 6 second duration and 2 minute cooldown. The casting time has been reduced by 50%. The previous functionality has been removed.
    * Phoenix Wings - Adds 5% movement multiplier per feat rank to Phoenix Cloak.
    * Improved Phoenix Cloak - Increases the duration of the Phoenix Cloak buff by 20% per feat point invested.
    * Burn to Death - The damage over time component of all ranks of Burn to Death now correctly scale with Intellect.
    * Desecrating Essence - Now innately stuns up to 6 enemies within 4 meters when switching into this demon form.
    * Avatar of Xotli - Now innately stuns up to 6 enemies within 4 meters when switching into this demon form.
    * Horrible Visage of Xotli - Increases the duration of the innate stun from demon forms by 1 second per feat point spent (up to 3 extra seconds).
    * Improved Desecrating Essence - Renamed to Improved Demon Forms. Keeps previous functionality of reducing the cooldown on Desecrating Essence by 4/8/12/16/20 seconds. Added Avatar of Xotli to this, reducing the cooldown on that spell by 18/36/54/72/90 seconds.
    * Searing Hatred - Multiple instances of this debuff can now be applied from different casters.

hi thnx again.

@Mrclean I'd like to do 6 man, but never find anything.. I need a good guild that'll accept a veeeery casual player.. but that's off topic. Im a one man Xotli machine.. And Xotli like seeing his Heralds die.

So Hox is finally getting a revamp...

I dont get it.. we still have all the disadvantages of melee and caster and none of the benefits. Couldnt we have a skill that adds a large load of armour on our backs? (without having to feat general)

So we still need to feat Horrible visage of Xotli, Phoenix wings and improved phoenix cloak will now be mandatory as will Mindless Brute.

ITs good that HoX is finally getting a revamp though.

HoX should have no problem getting into House of Crom groups, they need a fire damage dealer for one of the bosses, and HoX is good at that. Granted the gear is horrible for HoX in there but at least you might get decent rings or necklaces as well as lots of rare tokens.

Yag Loop has a lot of stuff HoX wants, and I've never had trouble getting into those. Good way to find people to group with if you're not in a guild is to friend everyone you get grouped with that you want to group with again. If you're good or friendly, they'll remember you and take you over another random pugger who might be very bad or an *******. It's how I've managed to do a lot of K6 and HoC without ever being in a 6-man friendly guild.

Survivability will never be HoX's thing, we're made to be paper. If you want to be more tanky, gear is the way to go about it. Wolves have a nice beefy HoX set. Otherwise, your job is to survive by killing everything trying to kill you. HoX has excellent AoE with all the above advice and you should have no trouble once you get your rotations down. A couple ranks of Pillars on top of maxed Inferno and Burn to Death with Fire Lance for good measure generally does the job pretty quick.

New Phoenix Cloak looks lovely, and yes, mandatory. Wouldn't say the same about Brute though. We already have Butcher which no one feats. The replacer for Brute looks to be just about as useful except for very heavy Avatar builds which I am not in favor of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast