Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Divine lance

Default Divine lance

has anyone done any testing with the new divine lance? will 5 pts be needed for it be effective? is it worth taking at all?

if anyone could post the amount of healing gained per point would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by xxevinityxx View Post
    has anyone done any testing with the new divine lance? will 5 pts be needed for it be effective? is it worth taking at all?

if anyone could post the amount of healing gained per point would be greatly appreciated
    Dunno about that but i tested Light Of The Path last night and no crit at all

Quote Originally Posted by xxevinityxx View Post

Old thread, but up-to-date information: It's very underwhelming if you ask me, fully feated it restores about 350 (620 critically) HP ony your allies close to the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengel View Post
    Old thread, but up-to-date information: It's very underwhelming if you ask me, fully feated it restores about 350 (620 critically) HP ony your allies close to the target.
    It is very good in that yeah, it only give out about 400hp on heals to nearby allies but you can do this every 4 seconds and trust me that 400hp can add up quickly (You do the math 400hp every 5 seconds or so on 10-12 allies at once). I will swear by it especially fighting the World Boss. I heal so much that way, blue heals can't come close. At the same time I am hitting the WB with 3k-4k damage with it fully feated and AA's. Later down the tree you can boost it even more. I can heal 10-12 people easy this way while fighting. Move around the mob and heal even more and this does not include critical heals and using Divine Halo that kicks in too. You are a hitting and healing machine with Divine Lance and it heals ALL allies within or outside your group. I recommend all 5 points on it. Use it right over and over and watch the heals and damage done. I have had many tanks thank me for the heals and all due to Divine Lance. Nice thing about it, you can stand way, way back and slam the enemy and heal at the same time. Also if treed right, with Lance of Mitra, you use your wave of life to boost the Divine Lance every single time. Wave of Life/Divine lance in that order over and over and that means every 7 seconds you can heal 400hp to about a dozen allies. Multiply that by say one minute or 10 mins with the WB and think of the thousands of hp and dmg your putting out. Not underwhelming at all when done right. Dont use purification of Mitra, use the other for constant mana regen.
    Last edited by Candice1956; 5th April 2016 at 07:34.
    Denahli
    Cimmerian Bear Shaman, lvl 80
    Madam - Emblem of Faith (RP) Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Candice1956 View Post
    It is very good in that yeah, it only give out about 400hp on heals to near by allies but you can do this every 4 seconds and trust me that 400hp can add up quickly (You do the math 400hp every 5 seconds or so). I will swear by it especially fighting the World Boss. I heal so much that way, blue heals can't come close.
    That is simply not true.
    1. If I remember correctly, the cooldown on Divine Lance is 4 seconds, and the cast time is 2 seconds, which means you can only land one every 6 seconds.
    2. Blue heals heal for 192hp/second. 192*6 = 1152hp over 6 seconds.

So even taking your estimate of 400hp per divine lance hit (which I feel is optimistic but I haven't looked into the details myself), blue heals are still way ahead. Granted you might be able to heal people standing behind the boss with divine lance, whereas you can't reach them with a blue heal. I do agree divine lance has its uses, but saying it heals more than a blue heal is incorrect.

Most of the time I feel that the heal I gain from divine lance isn't worth the dps I lose by feating and using it.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

Quote Originally Posted by redpooo View Post
    That is simply not true.
    1. If I remember correctly, the cooldown on Divine Lance is 4 seconds, and the cast time is 2 seconds, which means you can only land one every 6 seconds.

So even taking your estimate of 400hp per divine lance hit (which I feel is optimistic but I haven't looked into the details myself), blue heals are still way ahead. Granted you might be able to heal people standing behind the boss with divine lance, whereas you can't reach them with a blue heal. I do agree divine lance has its uses, but saying it heals more than a blue heal is incorrect.

Most of the time I feel that the heal I gain from divine lance isn't worth the dps I lose by feating and using it.
    Your not doing the math every 7 seconds you damaging and healing. With blue against the WB, I have to run up and blue heal and then step back. Not so with the Divine Lance. I heal those around me every single time with Wave of Life and then slam with Divine Lance, so close to me get blues heals and those farther away get heals as well and I am slamming the Enemy. I understand what your saying but your not Multi-tasking blue heals with divine lance. Blue heals - divine lance, over and over heals a ton of people. Blue heals are running WITH Divine Lance.
    Denahli
    Cimmerian Bear Shaman, lvl 80
    Madam - Emblem of Faith (RP) Guild

What's also a factor to consider is Divine Halo and that Lance of Mitra is a (wide) column attack. A healer that don't attack enough won't have as much use of Divine Halo. Now that one, is an underrestimated healing component. It don't show on the PoM's healing parse but shows as the tanks self healing, which camouflages it. Lance of Mitra sucks more mana than Smite if i recall correctly, but if you can hit two targets, there is a chance an extra hit/crit will proc. Not sure why but it deals good damage when it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    if you can hit two targets, there is a chance an extra hit/crit will proc. Not sure why but it deals good damage when it does.
    That's when the two targets are close together, each target is hit by divine lance, and each other target is hit by the splash damage of divine lance. This basically results in twice the damage of a smite nuke.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    What's also a factor to consider is Divine Halo and that Lance of Mitra is a (wide) column attack. A healer that don't attack enough won't have as much use of Divine Halo. Now that one, is an underrestimated healing component. It don't show on the PoM's healing parse but shows as the tanks self healing, which camouflages it. Lance of Mitra sucks more mana than Smite if i recall correctly, but if you can hit two targets, there is a chance an extra hit/crit will proc. Not sure why but it deals good damage when it does.
    The mana difference is way smaller than what it used to be. Now it's 237 for lance and 133 for smite. Before the change it was +400% mana cost ~ 1185mana/cast and the heal was around half. If you compare the numbers from before the change and after the change, the usefullness is 100 times more.

Quote Originally Posted by redpooo View Post
    That is simply not true.

1. No. The cooldown is 2.5 and the cast is 2 seconds. You can cast a lance of mitra every 4.5 second. Lance > smite(4.5) > lance > smite(4.5). The heal is 356 on max. 356/4.5 = ~79hp/s or to put it simple. It's an additional green heal.
    2. Blue heal + divine lance will be a lot more than just a blue heal.

I dont see how you can lose any dps from feating it.. Unless you are going some sort of super weird hybrid or going divinity/general. The damage on lance is higher than on smite.
    Your Lance of Mitra hits Straw Man for 1222 holy damage.
    Your Smite (Rank 6) hits Straw Man for 1158 holy damage.
    Numbers are with spellweave buff to inflict maximum damage (Arcane Surge).
    Last edited by Fass; 5th April 2016 at 12:40.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    I dont see how you can lose any dps from feating it.. Unless you are going some sort of super weird hybrid or going divinity/general. The damage on lance is higher than on smite.
    Your Lance of Mitra hits Straw Man for 1222 holy damage.
    Your Smite (Rank 6) hits Straw Man for 1158 holy damage.
    Numbers are with spellweave buff to inflict maximum damage (Arcane Surge).
    And this dps difference is even bigger if you utilize the collumn effect to it's fullest potential.
    There are many casters that don't even know what shift+tab does. It selects the furthest target in range which in 90% of the cases means you optimize the damage from the collumn effect. I told this to a demo a while back and he said he gained 1000 dps on T5 yakhmar simply by utilizing the collumn damage on his hellfire stream and shock lance on the add groups.

Seriously. Feat and use devine lance cause it's a better option then smite most of the time.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 6th April 2016 at 03:43.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast