Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trailing Strikes and the Dread...

Indeed, the difficulty does justity it for me, or rather the mechanic. Unlike Incinerate, Trailing Strike has a small AoE attached to it.
    That alone makes it a tool you use when it's needed, a DS order even. There certainly is a difference between it soaking multiple 4k+ hits, let the tank keep building aggro because he's gotta run in a circle, do a handstand or /kneel the f out of a circle, or just have it randomly tossed for no reason, or even more aggrevating, because it does like 11.79dps, and DTs need desperate help defensive stance win the parse and need to use it for that most stupid reason (yes...I've had to deal with that before as well *sigh)

However, that isn't the point. If there is a DT who solotanks Kharon like that, I'm not complaining whatsoever as that opens a bigger dps window for the entire raid.
    With 1 solid main tank I'm more relaxed anyhow as I have a much better grasp on the aggro table and wouldn't feel bad about using a detaunt if I got one (I'm usually reculant using them for some reason...but that's a different issue with individual and goup tank performances).

I do have a major problem with it not being used correctly (same goes with FE and Goad while we are at it).
    Going with Kharon again, there just is no point having 3 DTs with Shadows AND a Guard for a 0815 boss like him. I went to painful pugs as well (besides the painful main raids because parse and "rofl T3 brothers hahaha"), the problem was _always_ with the DTs and their shadows, because it seems so smart to rotate the DS fulltime and watch the Firestorm while the bosses enrage and people tend to be deaf keeping the balance up. Not that Kharon himself would be worth the trouble, even enraged he hits weak, but dat Guard.

I know aggro switching doesn't/can't/won't always happen on demand or happens just these few seconds too late, but wouldn't it be nice to keep some practice alive, specially in encounters where a fairly big margin of error can still be compensated for?
    I know a bunch of us have lived through 4 and 5 stacks more than once, and that in itself was a good experience to learn to use what you got at the right time.
    So whatever may be, unless it's a DT solotank on Kharon, that just is a fight where I don't want to see one at all (besides the PoM dude that is).

Supporting any useful DS usage, just as I would any Guard STA/LS gamble or a well placed FE/Goad. It just has to make sense, then I can accept it without bitching.
    God loves human virtues like courage and hope, but he loves screams, blood and despair just as much. If he didn't, there's no way fresh intestines could be so colorful!

Dread shadow is a nice support tool, but any tactic that is purely relying on it is a fail one.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12