Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trailing Strikes and the Dread...

Default Trailing Strikes and the Dread...

So I was just wondering what people think about letting the dread shadow take a trailing strike and then dismiss the dread or let it die from trailing. Do people consider it "naughty" to use the dread like this? Or you think it's just using one of the Dt's tools in a clever way?
    Last edited by AngryBarb; 16th September 2014 at 16:40.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    So I was just wondering what people think about letting the dread shadow take a trailing strike and then dismiss the dread or let it die from trailing. Do people consider it "naughty" to use the dread like this? Or you think it's just using one of the Dt's tools in a clever way?
    At least it's a reason to go for a depravity spec - by now, any mechanic that lends itself to DS workarounds (like Kharon's Incinerate or Sheng's Trailing Strikes) is probably a good mechanic
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    At least it's a reason to go for a depravity spec - by now, any mechanic that lends itself to DS workarounds (like Kharon's Incinerate or Sheng's Trailing Strikes) is probably a good mechanic
    Yeah, I got no issue with using the dread like that, but I have heard some dislike it
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

I think that tactic is just fine, and used by a lot of people.

We do this all the time, just be sure to kill the dread quickly, otherwise you are wasting time.

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    Well if it was "naughty", it would've been fixed years ago. There's only 2 reasons to use dreads on Sheng, there's taking trailing, and that they are guaranteed to take aggro after trailing so the boss doesn't follow the one who had to kite.
    That's What I thought as well. I guess I'm gonna file those idiots who believed that it's Naughty use of dread, under the Silly section.

Thx for your input
    and others...

it would be as equally naughty as using dread in T3 Kharon (1st encounter) to take the fire dot. i.e. not naughty at all. Although we treat trailing strikes on Sheng similar to how we would treat Living Firestorm on Kharon - run before cast finishes.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

my dread shadow was always naughty no surprise there.......
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

I'm one of these people who hate using DS for the most unimportant stuff ever, while I'm okay with Trailing, I utterly despise it for Incinerate. Seeing as Incinerate is such a easy thing to take care of, it should be part of your daily "tank knows wtf he is doing" instead of "roflcopter the dread makes it easymode".

Reason being, our main raids, wasting like 2 DTs and a Guard and whatever random feels like practising, there was always some goddamn issue with it. Because DT, they go apeshit non stop and offbalance the bosses, then one of them turds dies because cannot survive and then it just spirals down and wastes Conq resses for them.
    Not to mention when they get the timing wrong or don't kill it, dat firestorm on the feet *grrr
    Where as our 2nd raid just duo tanked it with 2 Guards, with 1 left arm and 2 left feet with no problem or complication whatsoever.

So my take on DS is usually that is drops peoples skills because they start to rely on that thing way too often, rather than having it available for something that matters...like saving a tank/dps.

Properly used, it's a great tool, and as much as I like hating it, I can't knock it for that reason.
    God loves human virtues like courage and hope, but he loves screams, blood and despair just as much. If he didn't, there's no way fresh intestines could be so colorful!

I always imagined a good DT would be able to solo tank it. Take 2 incinerates, let dread eat thirth, continue maxing your aggro.

Dread on incinerate is exactly the same as using dread on trailing or to take the debuff on the last boss in T3.5. Not needed but just makes the fight quite a lot easier. The reason you say it is stupid in T3 and not in T3.5/T4 is because you think the difficulty level justifies it. The statement 'tanks should just know wtf they are doing and swith at the right moments' only makes more sense there since soldiers are supposed to be more experienced.

Dreadshadows, although a bit lame by making some fights (too) easy, are a valid tactic. Anyone saying otherwise just likes to make stuff harder then it needs to be on themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast