Thread: Javelins as main weapons (1handed spears)

Default Javelins as main weapons (1handed spears)

Just wanted to say that, if some day you decide to add a new kind of weapon to the game, use this. there are javelins already in game, it would be nice to see them as a main weapon, for melee characters.

What i mean is that you could make them playable as melee weapons (with combos, both melee and ranged) instead of only thrown weapons. its sad to see it so missused when that was one of the most common weapons in ancient ages. i could see it as a new weapon for guardians and rangers, mostly rangers that could use them as melee weapons and give them a new focus that only shooting arrows and placing traps, i know they already have melee combat but it could be better, just imagine a pure melee ranger that actually works!...

I know this probably never gonna happen but is one thing i would like to see, what do you think?

Even that statue behind uses spear and shield, that would be awesome to see in-game.
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Belsvard View Post
    Just wanted to say that, if some day you decide to add a new kind of weapon to the game, use this. there are javelins already in game, it would be nice to see them as a main weapon, for melee characters.

What i mean is that you could make them playable as melee weapons (with combos, both melee and ranged) instead of only thrown weapons. its sad to see it so missused when that was one of the most common weapons in ancient ages. i could see it as a new weapon for guardians and rangers, mostly rangers that could use them as melee weapons and give them a new focus that only shooting arrows and placing traps, i know they already have melee combat but it could be better, just imagine a pure melee ranger that actually works!...

I know this probably never gonna happen but is one thing i would like to see, what do you think?

Even that statue behind uses spear and shield, that would be awesome to see in-game.
    Yeah, their are some really oddball weapons in the game, that make me wonder why they were ever added. The throwing axes are another one. I presume they are a leftover from content that never ended up being used.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    Yeah, their are some really oddball weapons in the game, that make me wonder why they were ever added. The throwing axes are another one. I presume they are a leftover from content that never ended up being used.
    Throwing weapons used to be pulling weapons for tanks, before Irritate was introduced. Some of them even have some +hate. They were never really used because bows and xbows have more range.

But one day, I'll craft myself that culture throwing weapon, just because.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    Throwing weapons used to be pulling weapons for tanks, before Irritate was introduced. Some of them even have some +hate. They were never really used because bows and xbows have more range.
    They were used in the early days of the game, because most classes weren't able to use bows or crossbows until level 40. So for classes without any ranged attacks (and without Irritate, as you sad), a thrown weapon was the only alternative to body-pulling until they reached level 40.

Quote Originally Posted by cynara View Post
    They were used in the early days of the game, because most classes weren't able to use bows or crossbows until level 40. So for classes without any ranged attacks (and without Irritate, as you sad), a thrown weapon was the only alternative to body-pulling until they reached level 40.
    The odd examples come to mind now: The throwing-axe in House of Crom and the Rock in Den of Crowmen, that's not before 40, neither old content?

Yup, I never quite understood why they added that stuff as well. Thrown weapons never had any real use above level 40, and since they removed the level requirements on bows/xbows they have no use at all. I can understand adding The Rock as a sort of joke item, but I have no idea why they added other new thrown weapons.

Funny... I was just looking at my Spear drop and using it for the first time on my HoX, and it just feels badasssss as hell ! Kinda sad it's just a pull-a-mob weapon...

I think any class using throwing weapons should have at least ONE skill dedicated for them. They're useless on any class and I really think it could be improved.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...bc2eb83f6b.jpg

You'll regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Numpty View Post
    everything has its drawbacks.... having a raped dead sister and seeking revenge is one of them.
    meh...

A lot of things could be added, small touches that make this game unique and unforgettable as could be added some combo for fight unarmed for brawls and non-lethal PvP.