Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isle of Iron Statues "Speed Run"

Default Isle of Iron Statues "Speed Run"

I decided to try speed run on Isle of Iron Statues.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cIN0sF4cAk
    Can anyone beat this time? There is a faster way, Ive heard about it but it sounded way too cheaty for me

Is there anything else in AOC that you can speed run in the same fashion as this instance, I really find it funny... dunno why, its just the idea of competing against myself... finally some worthy competition j/k

Thread moved to the relevant forum.
    Short cuts make long delays.

But no1 reads here Anzu!!!! And this is not a raid nor a tactic!

@Fass I learned from the best, thank you Happypanda and Sillysin
    Last edited by Chass-; 14th September 2014 at 01:29.

If you haven't tried it yet you can go for the gold box in the Refuge maze. The bugs of the place makes it really hard to achieve, for me at least

That was quite fast! Showed me a few shortcuts and reset points I did not know of too... Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Lleilwin View Post
    If you haven't tried it yet you can go for the gold box in the Refuge maze. The bugs of the place makes it really hard to achieve, for me at least
    I wanted to complete that challenge a while back too. Turns out it's not that hard on barb with your speedbuff+vetboots+travellers pants. I imagine it is easier on sin because their speedbuff is better.

When does the timer for the box start? Is it when you open the gate, when you enter the room, when you go up the ladder or when you pull the first lever?

I'm thinking it's when you activate the gate. Try it on a tank for challenge!

Been a long time since I did Refuge but unless something has changed you can open the gate and just barely go through without triggering the timer. Once you run down the steps though it's on. I would go through the gate then wait for the snaring mists to be fading before taking off, as I recall.

Was able to get the gold box on every class I tried it with, including ToS before the sprint revamp though ToS was harder then other classes, but I was using the plus 10% run speed veteran boots and 5% run speed pants. There was also a bit of luck involved as to which platforms were trapped.

Edit: After watching the video... that's some crazy dps. Nice run. Only thing I can suggest is you might save a couple of seconds by resetting on the left side of the canyon just past the ress pad at the grey ape instead of running on inside. Bad luck the undead archers followed you that far too.
    Last edited by Raeil; 16th September 2014 at 14:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeil View Post
    ... and 5% run speed pants.
    Where would I find a pair of these please?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast