Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some of you will get mad but...

Undergeared HOX can be a frustration to play through because everything resists/dodges your attacks and you can't last more than a few seconds without the enemy CCd else you're dead.

Every class when geared doesn't blink an eye at any of the solo content. I'd say every class when played and the mechanics understood can work their way through the solo content too, to varying degrees.

Interestingly enough I think I could probably make bigger pulls on my full T4 HOX than I can on my full T4 Conqueror. The overwhelming hits actually brings down a Conq very quickly and they only live by virtue of Overcome the Odds. Once that is out it's trouble and Brute Conq's damage output, especially in the AOE department, isn't so great. Essentially it would be a fire weave banner which needs a 10 stack of FI to get up to power, retaliations and bloodbath AOE DOT. I know my HOX can pull an entire Wolves camp and survive which is maybe 10-20 people? Pull, Transform + Stun, Pillars for the DOT on everyone and instant 10 stack of flame lash, Inferno, Phoenix Cloak (possibly earlier or even precast) with HFB between and it's done. A quick fear scatters them if the damage is coming in too fast before your AOE eats them up.

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianHoX View Post
    To me at least, a boring class is one where you don't have very many skills to manage in order to maximize potential. That means most of the caster classes. Leveling PoM was a drag for me. I'm now trying to level a ToS and it's been even worse. I could never get into Demo, and necro of all the casters seems to be the most interactive.
    Oh man I understand... tried ToS... jesus, lightning spam since level 1, of course you get 2 or 3 different lightning spells after a while but the lack of various animations and stuff just don't help
    Really, it's about what happens at level 80 that matters. I think it's good to try and expand out and try other roles. You didn't enjoy your conq so far it seems. But try something else, you might find what you're looking for.
    I think I tried almost all classes except Necros/Demos and Guardian/DT, out of all them, I really like HoX (had one lvl 60 but deleted it years ago) it provides variety between melee & spells and I really like the overall "DMC-like" theme, you just feel badass !

Quote Originally Posted by Belsvard View Post
    the "fun" factor is subjetive...
    try to play the conq as intended...tank something, you have less armor and a lot less protection than the other tanks. but yeah they are easy to level.
    Well it's more about difficulty/challenge and it's something I like and it does bring fun.

It's a bit like using cheats to make a game easier but in the end you just go find another game because using cheats and stuff has become boring after a while. I'm not saying Conq = God Mode, but even in early levels which are supposed to be a bit though, it just feels like I'm not even trying. Pow Pow 1-2 skills and mobs are pretty much dead. I know I can sound a bit harsh but that's the way I feel about the class. They've got some real nice effects though.

HoX is probably one of the hardest classes in the game to level, along with maybe the Assassin. It takes a while and you die a lot until you get really familiar and good with your class. Compared to it, all other classes will look easy.
    You must be doing something wrong than. I level i think 5 or 6 hoxes to 80 and they are really super powerful and super fun while leveling. Mobs are just melting.

To OP. starting thread how some class is silly op and leveling that class only to 20 is bit pointless.
    Btw i leveled every class and most of them are super easy to level. Sin and ranger need some planing (to pull optimal number of mobs) but rest are pretty straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    You must be doing something wrong than. I level i think 5 or 6 hoxes to 80 and they are really super powerful and super fun while leveling. Mobs are just melting.

To OP. starting thread how some class is silly op and leveling that class only to 20 is bit pointless.
    Btw i leveled every class and most of them are super easy to level. Sin and ranger need some planing (to pull optimal number of mobs) but rest are pretty straightforward.
    I did say "until you get to know the class". For new players coming to the game, I have always seen HoX presenting people a challenge. Granted some of them were brain-dead (I saw one who was level 40 and had no feat points in Possession. Still casting hellfire breath with the cast time) but that's also a fault of the class for having core parts of the class build made "optional". HoX is not optimal for a player's first class coming to the game. Once you know the class frontwards and backwards, yes it's super easy to do, just like any other class.

To Saadiah, some classes don't get their core mechanics until after level 20. For example, ToS doesn't get Storm Field until level 30, and from there the class completely changes. You go from spamming lightning strike to activating Storm, your heals, Storm Regalia, and your totem, then marching around as everything around you dies without really needing to cast much more than that. Conq gets a lot of the mechanics that make it fun from its feats, especially in the Carnage tree, but also in Brute tree. Since you don't really get much access to those at rank 20, the class can seem rather simplistic. Later on you get the feated knockback cc from Brute or the bleeds from Carnage and things get really fun without being overbearingly OP. Meanwhile HoX you basically get the core idea of the class essentially at 14 with instant hellfire breath, and from there on out it's a blast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12