Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How can it be? DPS question

Anyone has a link to the upcoming changes?

Herald of Xotli
    * Improved Word of Command - Reduced cast time instead of mana cost decrease per feat point.
    * Fire Lance - Damage increased by roughly 20%.
    * Mindless Brute - Renamed to "Demonic Strength". Now adds 7.5% melee weapon damage modifier per rank while in any demon form.
    * Roots of Hell - Knockback immunity is now 25/50/75 per feat point spent, and this functionality has been added to the Red Shadows of Xotli demonic form (which was previously missing it).
    * Phoenix Cloak - Changed to a buff that gives 5% movement multiplier and 30/40/50% damage deflection per rank of the spell, with a 6 second duration and 2 minute cooldown. The casting time has been reduced by 50%. The previous functionality has been removed.
    * Phoenix Wings - Adds 5% movement multiplier per feat rank to Phoenix Cloak.
    * Improved Phoenix Cloak - Increases the duration of the Phoenix Cloak buff by 20% per feat point invested.
    * Burn to Death - The damage over time component of all ranks of Burn to Death now correctly scale with Intellect.
    * Desecrating Essence - Now innately stuns up to 6 enemies within 4 meters when switching into this demon form.
    * Avatar of Xotli - Now innately stuns up to 6 enemies within 4 meters when switching into this demon form.
    * Horrible Visage of Xotli - Increases the duration of the innate stun from demon forms by 1 second per feat point spent (up to 3 extra seconds).
    * Improved Desecrating Essence - Renamed to Improved Demon Forms. Keeps previous functionality of reducing the cooldown on Desecrating Essence by 4/8/12/16/20 seconds. Added Avatar of Xotli to this, reducing the cooldown on that spell by 18/36/54/72/90 seconds.
    * Searing Hatred - Multiple instances of this debuff can now be applied from different casters.

So no mention of Searing Hatred (or any other DoTs besides Burn to Death) scaling correctly with Intellect?

1406dps tonight on Zodiac with 19.1% hit chance. It's a bit better

Thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post
    So no mention of Searing Hatred (or any other DoTs besides Burn to Death) scaling correctly with Intellect?
    Nope. So keep your magic damage accessories just in case.

For Zodiac and Saddur, use full Avatar build: pick both end feats and DoTs from Pillars and MSS.
    I also additionally use strength and combat rating (common) gear on Zodiac with Quickening Strikes/Hunger for More or RSoX.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Just an advice: when you are able to do enough dps, you should just forget parsers and enjoy the game. Nobody cares the small differences if the boss has died.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Thanks for your advices guys! I'll give a full avatar spec a try on Saddur tonight. If it works, I'll probably want to kiss you, beware!

@Pekka: I totally agree, but I'm not where I would like to be yet

Do you mind linking the spec you are using at the moment?

Here it is:
    http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v4_12b1...bd541bdb41bf44

And I plan to use the following:
    http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v4_12b1...bc881b7771bcee

Dps cycle:
    MSS6, BTD kithai rank, Pillar 2, Fire Lance, BTD, MSS6, Pillar 3, BTD

With HBF and fury as soon as they're up, Inferno when at x10, EoX on BTD's finisher when in Avatar.
    And the magical buff (Demon something) when I'm about to HFB+pillar+Fire lance+inferno.
    Last edited by MisterClean; 18th September 2014 at 18:03.

Your first spec is waaaaaay better than that second one

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast