Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How can it be? DPS question

Yeah I know, but it was worth the try (on bosses like zodiac/saddur).

Result: same DPS as before ^^ 1400ish

I just can't understand why I'm so low (This time I had 20.3% hit rating)

No, actually, your second specialization is better for single-target DPS, but I would take some points and put them in Inferno Curse with 1 DoT to put it into rotation (http://goo.gl/8h7Ynw ).
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    No, actually, your second specialization is better for single-target DPS, but I would take some points and put them in Inferno Curse with 1 DoT to put it into rotation (http://goo.gl/8h7Ynw ).
    2 Points from Reaching Flames -> Max Demonic Supplication and 4 points from spitfire -> Max Flame Tongue. Those 7 points are doing nothing now. But in my experience, the full avatar build isn't noticeably better (if at all) single target deeps than the inferno one, just quite a bit more boring, just not worth it and the rotation is more or less the same either way, just less to do. When I want to switch things up or have more HoX's in raid I ditch Flaming/Searing Hatred (stupid bug) and go for KotU.

Also you can EoX MSS BtD and get EoX of CD on next BtD combo finisher to get two buffed BtD's in a row, then move to avatar shenanigans and get even more if you fear the EoX debuff.
    EDIT: Yeah.. doesnt work like that as EoX buff needs to be on when dot is applied at the end of the BtD combo animation, not just when combo finisher is applied. Mybad.

About the "low" dps, Saddur just doesn't fit HoX's and Zodiac has too many pauses that messes up the parse, and is all in all too long and so gimps your demon form rotation.
    Last edited by Belawen; 22nd September 2014 at 13:14.

1400 on Saddur is decent, because you can most likely not move freely and use openings on shields as on bosses with bigger templates. Also group setup is often ignored on MC bosses except putting a healer in each group. :P

Zodiac parses gets messed up if some pets keep attacking symbols when doing 12man constellations. The best is to use selective parsing on this fight either in ACT or Burnstats, where you ignore Symbols or choose to only log actions to animals. In Burnstats you can set 10 seconds split time on encounters if you want parses per animal, and in ACT it is splitted anyway.

About the builds, instant Inferno Curse is kind of a must. If you produce 1500 sustainable dps, casting Inferno Curse "costs you" 1500 damage. The discussion of whether Hell on Earth line or Inferno is better could be had, but both spells have long cooldowns and I disagree that one is "waaayyyy better" than the other, though Inferno pulls away as long as the fight lasts long enough for stacks to build and inferno's duration. Glorious Exultation of Xotli is nice and does improve the damage of the BtD dot, however not as much as using the debuffs. What I tested was around 9% increase on dot, I think.. Do it yourself on a straw man to see. The combination of debuffs and buffs are of course the best. If EoX is used on 2nd step of BtD you get a bit less time with the weapon damage penalty after dot has worn off.

Hey, thank you guys for the input!

I will then try to use EoX more and a tiny bit earlier in the rotation than I used to do. I'll do some tests on strawman.
    About inferno curse, I knida never have to use it since other classes do it.
    However, what do you think about Burning Hex? Worth the points? I remember some parses I did long time ago and it was rather crappy (on straman atleast).
    Another question, what about Xotli's vengeance?

About spitfire, I have tested it a bilion times and I can assure you guys that 1 point is enough.

Also, I always do selective parses so that everyone in the raid is interested in actually hitting the boss instead of doing more AoEs in order to inflate their e-peen^^ Except on Keaira...because it's fun

Thx again. One day I'll get better on my hox

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    About inferno curse, I knida never have to use it since other classes do it.
    However, what do you think about Burning Hex? Worth the points? I remember some parses I did long time ago and it was rather crappy (on straman atleast).
    Another question, what about Xotli's vengeance?
    That's the thing, be it inferno curse (tos), mss (tos/demo) or hoe(everybody and their cousins), other classes stack those debuffs faster and/or cheaper anyways, so not worth it unless you're running a group lacking in those classes. Worth it to have that build as backup when doing 6-mans without tos/demo though. In raid tho, put those instant curse points in mss dot instead? Burning Hex is "free" damage, even if it ticks only for like ~25 dps, but the problem with it is where you take that one point from, in hybrid it's a no-go as your choices are Inferno, Avatar, Searing Hatred, Burning Skull and Butcher. If you're running full HoE though there's nothing else worthwhile so go for it.

I've never actually paid attention to vengeance stacks and/or how often they tick since it's just one of those things you have to put points in in hybrid and you'll hfb no matter what the stacks. Either way, we're talking about reeaally minuscule differences here, and again it's just down to options, you either sacrifice self res and interrupt or buffed mss dot if you want to spec it beyond 3 points. Whatever you do, I don't think you'll really see any difference in parses. I personally like the extra res so you'll have one more chance to go slap a high five with Xotli.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123