Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How can it be? DPS question

Default How can it be? DPS question

Hello there!

I'm fully geared in kithai dps purples and with practice and advises from other players, I now manage to consistently get above 1700+ dps on strawman. Which is cool thx a lot!

However, my dps still sucks in T4 compared to what I do on strawman. for exemple I get 1300ish on Zodiac (selective parse) and 1500ish on Saddur.

So, question: where the heck is the problem??????

Side issue: In addition to my lack of dps, I have noted that I got many white numbers (damage you can see on screen) in T4 whereas I use to see a lot of orange numbers on strawman and other encounters. Any idea?

constantly hitting all the shields you can find?

also if your strawman is from TL hox got some changes over there

haha yeah maybe

There must be something I'm missing...

On TL I do 100dps more on average, I hope I'll see those 100dps in raid encounters lol

It's hard to be specific but first things first: what is your hit rating? On zodiac try to get 18% or higher, with 20% being about the right mark so that it isn't a nuisance to keep getting evaded/dodged/resisted.

I have 16%.
    Weird thing is that I've never had any issue with other classes. I guess it's because hox is really slow.

Thanks for the input, I'll try to reach 20%

Because a strawman doesnt have protection, armor, shields, evade and immunity chance? Its same as if you were complaining that you have lower dps againts a pvp 10 soldier than pvp 0 blue gear lemming.
    Pogecor - PvP 10 Guardian
    Micinecka - PvP 10 Priest of Mitra
    Pichalka - PvP 10 Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    I have 16%.
    Weird thing is that I've never had any issue with other classes. I guess it's because hox is really slow.

Thanks for the input, I'll try to reach 20%
    16% is 'low' for those fights. From memory you can check out your weapon/gloves to see if they have hit rating because the trial of flame and I think the BB gloves lack them. You'll probably find (though you'll need to experiment and give it some real time to judge it) that lower DPS on those items is probably favourable if you can trade off and get some extra hit rating. Try to get a POM in your group.

Another factor could simply be latency - a strawman parse doesn't have much happening but in a raid you might lose valuable time with low framerates.

Thx Boesh, I'll give it a try. I really hope it will help

@Pogec, That's not entirely true Some strawmen have armor, about 4% iirc. Anyway, I don't have this issue with my other chars, I usually do more dps in raid encounter than on strawman thanks to all the debuffing and group buffs. (eg: conq deals 2k-ish dps on Zodiac, which is approximately the same as on a strawman; barb does 1600ish which is more than SM, Sin...well...I suck at it but I do about 1700, same as on a SM.). That's a Hox only issue and can't figure out why! grrrrr

1300 is quite OK for Zodiac selective pars. I believe you can do more single target dips on Zodiac with full Avatar build, plus you won't be annoying the CCers with stuns on transformations.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    1300 is quite OK for Zodiac selective pars. I believe you can do more single target dips on Zodiac with full Avatar build, plus you won't be annoying the CCers with stuns on transformations.
    I'd say aim for 1800 once you get T4'd out, and with the new HOX changes it should be a good bit higher than that again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast