Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum update

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Looks good. Well not really, with all that beige, but you know what I mean.

Also, are my eyes breaking down or have some beiges become slightly pinkier around here? I could swear the posts' background was blanderly beige before.

In spirit of being helpful: Change the color of Forums>Community Forums>English>blah line to a very much darker or lighter color, preferably darker since the New Posts line right above it is already doing light on dark writing. The eyes slide right off of them with their painful lack of contrast. Maybe make them bolded too. Or change that background beige, which would be more preferable actually. Those two particular shades are particularly terrible at contrasting, don't ever put them together.

This, this is a great idea, and if that bit were changed I'd have a better time being able to read and navigate the forums without needing to put my face up to my laptop screen in order to read it. I'm sure if the text color was changed for that bit, a good chunk of people would be less likely to complain further.

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I think you attitude needs to be adressed. You here running a business, not goofing off with your forum buddies.
    If you don't have the skills to actually bring the new forum to the state of usability (for reasons worded much better than your reply would suggest) then at very least have enough professional integrity to respond in a polite and respectful manner.
    If I spoke to my customers like that, they wouldn't be my customers anymore.

Thank you for adding a link that brings you to the last post!

Besides getting rid of all shades of grey in the color scheme, the smilies and changing the background of quotes to something dark... besides that, try and ditch every single divier line and frame box on posts and see how it looks, it is way too squarish and boxed in as it is.

I spend around 10 minutes modifying the layout on this page and came up with this.

Image removed by poster
    Last edited by Sifie; 15th January 2015 at 12:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifie View Post
    Besides getting rid of all shades of grey in the color scheme, the smilies and changing the background of quotes to something dark... besides that, try and ditch every single divier line and frame box on posts and see how it looks, it is way too squarish and boxed in as it is.

I spend around 10 minutes modifying the layout on this page and came up with this.

thank you! that looks much better

@ Sifie
    That's much better.

@ Tomium

Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I don't ignore questions, but ya know- I do get to have a weekend every now and then

Yes, the old version was not compatible with the new version. (Our mods even mentioned that)

So far I have "Dev tracker," "ZOMG CHANGE!" and "OMG I hate the Colorz!"

What else am I missing here that needs addressed?
    Reread your own post and think about what you're missing so far. If you don't get it, think about your choice of a job. Dude... *shaking head*
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 18th September 2014 at 22:15.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Sifie View Post

Hire Sifie as a web designer/UI designer! he seems to know what he's doing!

^^Reply with quote "button" is still fugly and becomes even more of an eyesore on a black background. Also posts look like floating in space and while it'd be sorta cute for a scifi game, it probably shouldn't be so here. Don't be afraid of colors, that dude who said he wants to paint the red door black should just get the **** out; use more colors, and lively ones at that, for backgrounds (bright =/= lively).

Also buttons suck so hard. Submit reply, preview post, reply with quote, reply to thread, post new thread are all horribad (though reply and new thread are at least large enough). Go to first post and go to last post are all right actually (despite being tiny), which were added later so there's at least one pair of unbroken eyes over there that can discern terrible from not terrible. Use whoever made those buttons more.

Sure you can make a lot of cool stuff to make it look special and hyboria immersive.

I just illustrate how posts without the divider lines and a better quote background would be more readable. And show that it can be done in less than half a lunchbreak.

But sure, a more colorful version. And agreed, its not perfect but thats what you get from another 10 minutes spend.

Image removed by poster
    Last edited by Sifie; 15th January 2015 at 12:22.

That looks awesome. Clearly will never happen though.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast