Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Discuss! Game Director Letter - August 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Class balance changes ? Where ?
    Oh, you mean that ? :

"Conqueror
    Battlefield Commander: Reverted to pre-4.3 functionality"

Good luck at looking for shifts/tendancies with this approach.
    the changes in BoA and BC didnt do anything to conqs in pvp but screwed them in pve for no reason. Actually the latest changes in the Testlive seem quite reasonable, regardimg most classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgaarr View Post
    the changes in BoA and BC didnt do anything to conqs in pvp but screwed them in pve for no reason. Actually the latest changes in the Testlive seem quite reasonable, regardimg most classes.
    Then thoses changes were far from enough to have any effects in PvP ? Considering how the conq was powerful after revamp, i wouldn't be surprised that tweaking "only" BfC & BoA a bit doesn't change anything on the state of the conq in PvP.
    As for the PvE, BfC weapon damage loss is replaced by a fair amount of +hate, even better aggrowise than before. Only thoses who couldn't stand any changes to the conq talked about theses changes with dramatics emphasis on how it is "screwed", while, in the same time, they still tanked t3.5, t4 and even perhaps t5 on TL. I think the true reason is they doesn't wanted to change the faceroll class they used to play so be it !

Next stage :

- 4.4 : DT VoM tweaks.
    - TL : omg dt is screwed.
    - 4.5 : VoM reverted to the pre-4.4 state.

Don't get me wrong, i like when they have a step-by-step approach with everything that touch key-mechanisms like aggro. But spending months of TL work, feedbacks, community contributions with strawmans samples, endless discussions, to see that finally they're doing a three-step back to the problematic version. It's a complete waste of time and remove credibility to the future works about "class balance". Better spend time on content or other QoL improvements (buggeds quests ?)

PvP streak system is a good idea. It might give an incentive to play for win instead of k/d whoring. And be fun ofc.
    However some classes have a definite advantage. Healers have a bigger chance to win minis, they have without doubt the best group abilities and at same time do very good DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post
    PvP streak system is a good idea. It might give an incentive to play for win instead of k/d whoring. And be fun ofc.
    However some classes have a definite advantage. Healers have a bigger chance to win minis, they have without doubt the best group abilities and at same time do very good DPS.
    I dont think it'll matter. In the current PuG sing up queue theres a 50/50 chance you'll get the best team. So you might even win 3-4 matches in a roll but eventually you'll see yourself im that fail group with undergeared, unaware team against a much strongrer opponents. What I mean is theres a lot of luck/ chance in its current sing up system regarding what kind of team you'll get.

If you play a healer you have a higher chance of winning on average. Any match where you face a team without a healer you have a 80% chance of winning already simply by keeping a blue heal on your team.

The same goes for soldiers where you have a higher chance of winning against any team without a soldier but it is rare to end up in a team without a soldier. When one of their squishies has to carry the flag they can not nearly push as hard as your team.

Influencing the outcome of a match as a barbarian like this is not possible unless you are very exceptional. This will make it much harder to get a long winstreak on some classes then others.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    i don't care if its a pouch of glitter that gives the stats as long as it is a power upgrade compared to previous tier.
    So, let's say, they do a Yak unchained that is exactly the same thing as normal, except that you'll need t4 gear and 1 or 2 AAs to complete it. The items droped are stronger though. Will you be happy?
    Last edited by Shealeigh; 14th September 2014 at 04:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Shealeigh View Post
    So, let's say, they do a Yak unchained that is exactly the same thing as normal, except that you'll need t4 gear and 1 or 2 AAs to complete it. The items droped are stronger though. Will you be happy?
    so, let's say that, if you think that the fights are exactly the same, you have no idea of what you're talking about...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    so, let's say that, if you think that the fights are exactly the same, you have no idea of what you're talking about...
    Sure, add some exploding worms and a cicle of fire/eletrical/cold/holy/unholy dmg mess-ups and call it "brand new". But anyway, if you're too slow to get it, what I'm questioning is why some people don't mind paying for recicled content. Judging by that guy statement, all that matters is improving the damn stats. You know, a L&W gameplay, you LOOT & W... to it. I expect content to be entertaining and inovative, not just a mean for some frustrated losers to have a sense of achievement.

Sure, add some exploding worms and a cicle of fire/eletrical/cold/holy/unholy dmg mess-ups and call it "brand new". But anyway, if you're too slow to get it, what I'm questioning is why some people don't mind paying for recicled content. Judging by that guy statement, all that matters is improving the damn stats. You know, a L&W gameplay, you LOOT & W... to it. I expect content to be entertaining and inovative, not just a mean for some frustrated losers to have a sense of achievement.
    I care about are 'brand new' interesting mechanics, 'brand new' challenging fights and 'brand new' nice loot with good stats. All of that is present in T5. After all that it might be nice to have a new skin to look at and a new room to fight in but that is way on the bottom of my list.

If you even think the fights are remotely close to T1 you have no clue what you are talking about and I wish you and your guild good luck killing the bosses with tactics based on T1. In Yakhmars case he, his worms and the cave also have been changed a bit btw.

Judging by that guy statement, all that matters is improving the damn stats.
    you make assumptions based on... nothing!! but i don't like to feed the trolls, so... keep thinking whatever you like, i don't care!!
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast