Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss! Game Director Letter - August 2014

+1 for the retextured T3 sets. Not only they look way better than those ridiculous khitai designs bur thy fit Conan lore much better.

The set bonuses were the most intriguing news, considering it had been ruled out when Nusquam took over GD position. I remember clearly Sirrilion bringing this up brfore his departure, and its noe back on the table. Really curious about those additions, specially when he mentions set bonuses tied to new AA perks! ( yay for new character progression)

Regarding gear progression I dont think gear stats shouldnt ho further than T4 dps wise. Yhe current top gear is already too powerful in that aspect, game shouldnt focus even more on widing that gap. I'd rather see improvements on base stats like constitution and mitigation rather than crit rating and crit damage rating. We shall see.

Overall great dev letter. Worth the wait!

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    Well people got different taste I always liked the T3 guard set and the T3 hox set. But yes, that conq t5 set looks way better than the t1-t3 ones. Imho..
    yeah, I think Demo and Guard are the coolest looking sets also. The old conq sets looks realy bad and is the worst of the old sets. The T5 set looks reslly nice though.

The solo arena also sounds intresting. Great letter
    Last edited by Andistoteles; 5th September 2014 at 21:24.

Funcom

In regards to the set bonuses, I've set up a quick preview over on the Testlive forums : http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=59792.

Without wanting this particular thread to turn into the set bonus thread, especially while these are in development and subject to change, if you can keep all feedback related to that preview on the Testlive forums it would be greatly appreciated.

The Barbarian T2 - T3 set is 'ok' but I always thought it should be something similar to Ranger's and Bear Shaman's raid sets.

Should be fur and leather I think. Not cloth skirt with leather chest, and metal head. With little metal bumps all over it. Meh... lol
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

I like that they make Cetris T6, that gives players T5 and T6 roadmap within reasonable horizon which is what the game needs to keep players and re-gain some old ones.

I don't like the idea of set bonuses, Set bonuses dis-encourage mix and match. Mix and match is part of what drives new high end 6 mans dungeons, that one some piece that you feel is awesome for your class or your play style. But if there are set bonues you would be dis-encouraged to take of Tier piece. And same with mixing high tier pieces with lower tiers, such as mixing some T3 tank pieces in prot fights to up the prot.

personally ive found the t1-3 sets to "naked" to be cool. for armors i expect something tough. but most pants are quite Meh.

great armor sets are those of dt, sin + guard(except the scirt)+ ranger + necro. they look awesome and still give the feel of the class. where i find the pom + conq set simply horrifying

So long as "better gear" doesn't translate into even more fucking crits, this set bonus stuff could be good. We'll see.
    edit: Scratch that. Set bonuses are adding a whole new mechanic of doing even more damage than crits. Welp. There's still hope though, if they can restrain themselves and make these new "finesse hits" proc ONLY on raidmobs. Otherwise, this is goodbye to entire lv80 dungeon content.

Also PROTIP for Joel: You really should rename these letters one month forward. Then the whole previous forum crapfest could've been avoided.
    Last edited by cins; 5th September 2014 at 23:13.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    In regards to the set bonuses, I've set up a quick preview over on the Testlive forums : http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=59792.

Without wanting this particular thread to turn into the set bonus thread, especially while these are in development and subject to change, if you can keep all feedback related to that preview on the Testlive forums it would be greatly appreciated.
    How long were you waiting to post that?

And here's the sticky.
    Short cuts make long delays.

nice letter
    still hope to see some of this to become more "tangible" sooner than the next month.
    is good to see that you are making a retexture of the classic raid gear, looks nice but has too much fantasy, imo.

and i know there is a suggestion thread but if i may suggest something, revamp the actual t1-3 raid gear, add some critigation, rid off of the taunt skill in the soldier helms for example.

thanks for the update!
    meh...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast