Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss! Game Director Letter - August 2014

Default Discuss! Game Director Letter - August 2014

Since no one else started a thread for this, figured I might as well.

Game Director Letter – August 2014

Feel free to discuss the monthly Game Director Letter here!

I actually like the idea of revisiting the old T1-T3 armor looks. Makes me interested to see more of them. That new conqueror set looks a fair bit different from the T3 set, while still following the basic design. I like it.

As for the T5 gear with set bonuses, it sounds like there won't be much of a power increase at all in the base gear, but we get interesting added effects as we complete our sets. Its time for CirithGorgor to elaborate a bit more on what this will actually be. I hope these set bonuses can some how be of special importance to complete T6 in some fashion, otherwise T5 may get largely skipped if T6 isn't that much farther in the future.

Improving the existing armors is the way to go. It would just take too many resources to cosmetically produce entirely new armor sets for each class. Even for T4 gear they merged the demo/necro after they originally intended to give the necro's that rice farmer outfit (outcast mage armor). Just can't be done anymore.

Good on them for opening up Rage transfers, however the server still should be shut down, or at least put it to "low load" to warn new players about the low (non-existent) population.

Crafting revamp still being worked on. Nothing new there.

Achievement & Lore system hasn't been forgotten & is a high priority. Good stuff.

PvP streaks, I see these being abused like bori & PvP events if they're allowed on tournament mode.
    Last edited by Fearthis; 5th September 2014 at 20:04.

Opening Rage transfers is good news for Fury any ETA though?
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I hope the stats on the T5 armor are better than T4.

A bit leary about the set bonus stuff, but will hold judgment until the stats are available.

Cetriss being T6 has me a bit concerned. T3 came out Feb 2010, T4 came out March 2012 (Yes I know Courtyard was out before this, but I consider when the rest of the instance was opened as a "true" release date). That's 2 yrs and 1 month between those 2 raids. Now T4 to T5 is currently at 2 yrs 6 months and counting till the new raids are released. At this rate, we will see Cetriss in 3 yrs?

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Cetriss being T6 has me a bit concerned. T3 came out Feb 2010, T4 came out March 2012 (Yes I know Courtyard was out before this, but I consider when the rest of the instance was opened as a "true" release date). That's 2 yrs and 1 month between those 2 raids. Now T4 to T5 is currently at 2 yrs 6 months and counting till the new raids are released. At this rate, we will see Cetriss in 3 yrs?
    I doubt the Cetriss timetable is pushed back really much at all due to the new T5 raid encounters. These were quick to implement as they needed much less work than Cetriss. I figure T5 will probably be out around the end of the year (depending all on how long the gear takes to develop), with T6 sometime mid-late 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I doubt the Cetriss timetable is pushed back really much at all due to the new T5 raid encounters. These were quick to implement as they needed much less work than Cetriss. I figure T5 will probably be out around the end of the year (depending all on how long the gear takes to develop), with T6 sometime mid-late 2015.
    My guess is late october/early november.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    I hope the stats on the T5 armor are better than T4.

A bit leary about the set bonus stuff, but will hold judgment until the stats are available.
    I think thats a positive, something fresh, and makes people use the whole set rather than mix and match. Like DT's who have 4-5 full armor sets in the inventory taking up a lot of space. T5 must be better than T4, and the set bonus will probably increase it further by some degree.

About the looks, I have to say that at least for some classes, the textures and looks of the T3 set for some classes are very, very good, like Dark Templar, Barbarian (though it doesn't look very barbarish) and Necromancer. But again some sets not so much, like for example Bear Shaman, Demonologist and Guardian. Lets just hope enough effort is put in to the sets for all of the classes, and improving looks of those in need of that.
    Last edited by Shax84; 5th September 2014 at 21:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    I think thats a positive, something fresh, and makes people use the whole set rather than mix and match. Like DT's who have 4-5 full armor sets in the inventory taking up a lot of space. T5 must be better than T4, and the set bonus will probably increase it further by some degree.

About the looks, I have to say that at least for some classes, the textures and looks of the T3 set for some classes are very, very good, like Dark Templar, Barbarian and Necromancer. But again some sets not so much, like for example Bear Shaman, Demonologist and Guardian. Lets just hope enough effort is put in to the sets for all of the classes, and improving looks of those in need of that.
    Well people got different taste I always liked the T3 guard set and the T3 hox set. But yes, that conq t5 set looks way better than the t1-t3 ones. Imho..
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

I have always thought that a Guardian should most of all classes look like a metal man, so something that looks like a leather skirt doesn't have anything to do on his armor kit in my opinion.

HoX? It certainly looks unique, but there, we got the skirt thing going on again, and a metal head piece which is labeled as "cloth armor". Texturing could be better as well.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast