Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HoX in PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    Also in frenzy in a full PJ suit DT.
    You are saying this like it's some kind of cool skill, but it's not.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by grominou View Post
    Ranger : useless in pve and ridiculous in pvp.
    Sorted a little typo here.

HoX is awesome. All the cool kids got one.

I guess it all depends of ones expactations. For sure if you go from Polearm guard to Hox in PvP you'll have a choc. Same thing in PvE when you go from barb to hox. It's a diffrent world.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    You are saying this like it's some kind of cool skill, but it's not.
    Look at a previous post where a guy says tanks are dying in caverns. Then look at my post. Now shut the hell up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    Look at a previous post where a guy says tanks are dying in caverns. Then look at my post. Now shut the hell up.
    I did take a look. But "dedicated healer for each tank in Malice" is just WAY too much to bear for me...so I started trolling you instead :P
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianHoX View Post
    As for the desirable gear that you can't lay your hands on because of the dungeons they're found in... Just supplement those pieces with T1/T2 gear or Wolves or HoC gear until you find a group with balls enough to farm those particular spots.
    Alternatives for belt and shoulder also includes Shadows if you want the "free" items from dungeons. Shadows pieces drop from Pillars (shoulders) and Malice (belt). Wolves gear isn't bad either but a bit more turtleish in regards of the pure strength stat that adds to armor, and loss of magic damage.

The Dragon Spine items are rather expensive with a cost of 196 rares per piece. I enjoyed playing my HoX pretty much in the HMs when I geared it up, so getting 400 Rare Trophies was done in just a few weeks time.

For what purpose? Levelling I guess? Since you are level 65, I'd focus on having a possession / general build. You could have this as a starting point, and progress further down Possession. http://goo.gl/cIW6xE this gives you survivability from general, spreading burn to death dot, self resurrection, silencing on hellfire breath, aoe stun and increased range on root.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    For what purpose? Levelling I guess? Since you are level 65, I'd focus on having a possession / general build. You could have this as a starting point, and progress further down Possession. http://goo.gl/cIW6xE this gives you survivability from general, spreading burn to death dot, self resurrection, silencing on hellfire breath, aoe stun and increased range on root.
    Oh, and add a point in Inferno, of course! Missed that click...

Possession for HoX has so many of the good utility feats it's almost unfair. Self-rez, Inferno, Phoenix Wings, Horrible Visage, even Touch of Hell is useful.

ANY leveling HoX would find the above feats from Possession tree useful. But if you plan on doing lots of PvE stuff, or anything really, you'll be relying on Burn to Death for damage, and Avatar tree is where you get the most out of it.

If you can multi-spec, by level 80 you want to have a Poss and an Avatar spec. There really are situations where each is king. For example, I still can't beat Vayaspara on Dead Man's Hand with a Poss spec, but I can manage it handily with Avatar. The dps for me is simply superior. But Poss gives you Chains and the magic damage to do better ranged damage for when you can't stick to your target all the time.

How come we don't have a HoX feating guide like Sidar's DT guide at this point...After the HoX changes come out, I swear we will maybe want a guide for this forum.
    Last edited by CimmerianHoX; 10th September 2014 at 05:01.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast