Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HoX in PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Now i have this belt, i can forget Jade Dugout o/
    that's also another problem: the few that managed to learn the tactic now are reluctant to go there anymore, because of the reasons you stated before...
    in the end, that place is just abandoned...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

I've played Age of Conan since release but never got a character higher than level 65.
    So you guys are kinda speaking in chinese to me

You are saying HoX aren't much needed? I still see quite a lot of them in Crom, well... not as the plague of assassins & conquerors but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Saadiah View Post
    You are saying HoX aren't much needed?
    NO thats not what's being said. There's some dungeons (coppice of the heart for ex.) that have mechanics that requires a mage to be a few feet away from the boss and so cant hit it with melee. But that is not an issue because HoX doesn't need to do that job as all that content can be done with 2 mages, and even if it ends up doing it it'll go fine as long as the rest of the group is decent.

Bottom line, HoX can do great dps and good dps is needed in all groups, always. HoX or any other mage is also a safe pick to go learn all the endgame dungeons, as long as you stay alive (+ you have 2 self resurrections to help you with that) and hit something you're doing your job. Heck, you can even go and die if you want in most places and it still isn't a big issue. No need to keep looking for ruins or boss buffs or heals that need to be removed or the group will wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Saadiah View Post
    I've played Age of Conan since release but never got a character higher than level 65.
    So you guys are kinda speaking in chinese to me

You are saying HoX aren't much needed? I still see quite a lot of them in Crom, well... not as the plague of assassins & conquerors but still.
    sorry, we went a bot offtopic...

by the way, hox is a lot of fun. the problem is that, if you plan to get khitai gear, part of brittle blade epic gear drops in coppice (where you need a caster with unbinding charm that moves away from the boss, so demo/necro are better for this job) and in jade dogout (where nobody wants to go)....
    so, get ready to struggle a little more than with other classes to get your gear... but it will be fun!!
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

As for the desirable gear that you can't lay your hands on because of the dungeons they're found in... Just supplement those pieces with T1/T2 gear or Wolves or HoC gear until you find a group with balls enough to farm those particular spots.

The other big places you need to go: Yag Loop for BtD VI, other places for BB purple gear, are all relatively accessible.

Level 80 is where opportunities open up for all classes in Khitai.

Flame lash at 12500 it's always funny xD

But my dps is better with a barb blue khitai than with my hox khitai/t4.

Hox : useless in pve and ridiculous in pvp.

maybe the revamp will change it.
    Aess ~ Pom R10 / Rheizhyn ~ Hox R10 / Fraize ~ Barb R7 / Vilcyness ~ DT R3

Quote Originally Posted by grominou View Post
    Flame lash at 12500 it's always funny xD

But my dps is better with a barb blue khitai than with my hox khitai/t4.

Hox : useless in pve and ridiculous in pvp.

maybe the revamp will change it.
    Ever considered the remote possibility that you are BAD on your hox ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Thats not a healer problem thats a tank problem. I have tanked a boss in Caverns of Malice with my Barbarian...
    I've done it on my HoX too. Also in frenzy in a full PJ suit DT.

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    There's a difference between being a shitty HoX and the class being useless.
    ^This. HoX DPS is fine in PvE. It's the shitty HoX that can't master a rotation/pay attention to raid/group environment that make HoX look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Ever considered the remote possibility that you are BAD on your hox ?
    I have never seen him in minigames, but he has seven levels. Hmm.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast