Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HoX in PvE

I've always gotten coppice spots on my HoX, but it's as the "extra" DPS, just like every other dungeon in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    unluckily it's true, but you can do it with another class and relog for the box...
    Yep, that's what I was forced to do... still annoying, especially since puggers have no idea what to do with blue box when people relog...

I've always gotten coppice spots on my HoX, but it's as the "extra" DPS, just like every other dungeon in the game.
    It's pretty common for there to be no extra dps spot. People prefer main + offtank for nearly every dungeon, and often 2 healers. Leaving 2 spots, and you need rogue for aa and a mage for kiting in Coppice... Not saying it's impossible - it's not rare to run into half-fill guild groups that are more chill than pugs (especially since Coppice isn't pugged all that frequently), but often times there will be no hox/random dps spot.

In any case, it's not that important since epic BB shoulders dont make much of a difference in all truth, but it's still a dungeon where hox is somewhat disadvantaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post

It's pretty common for there to be no extra dps spot. People prefer main + offtank for nearly every dungeon, and often 2 healers. Leaving 2 spots, and you need rogue for aa and a mage for kiting in Coppice... Not saying it's impossible - it's not rare to run into half-fill guild groups that are more chill than pugs (especially since Coppice isn't pugged all that frequently), but often times there will be no hox/random dps spot.

In any case, it's not that important since epic BB shoulders dont make much of a difference in all truth, but it's still a dungeon where hox is somewhat disadvantaged.
    I've never seen or had a need for a 2 healer group outside of Tian. If the group needs 2 healers for it, they're bad and shouldn't be doing it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    I've never seen or had a need for a 2 healer group outside of Tian. If the group needs 2 healers for it, they're bad and shouldn't be doing it in the first place.
    That's odd. I'd say for sure at least half of my Yag Loop runs had 2 tanks 2 healers and a rogue, with me coming along for mage shield. Sure it may not be NEEDED, but I've been through too many wipes in Caverns HM with one of the tanks not getting a dedicated healer and dying as a result.

I do think it's a mistake when the devs put desirable HoX gear in a dungeon where a HoX is seen as having nothing approaching a vital role in that dungeon. I myself have never run Coppice for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianHoX View Post
    I do think it's a mistake when the devs put desirable HoX gear in a dungeon where a HoX is seen as having nothing approaching a vital role in that dungeon. I myself have never run Coppice for this reason.
    it looks like funcom really hates hox... think about where they put bb belt: jade...
    that is a place where nobody wants to go...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

it looks like funcom really hates hox... think about where they put bb belt: jade...
    that is a place where nobody wants to go...
    That place is seriously awesome! Imo hands down the most fun dungeon in khitai, that mythical "too hard, nobody does it" just adds to the epicness of it. And it gives the belt a bit of extra "vanity" since not everybody has it. Coppice also drops MSS VI for HoX, whereas dugout drops Body and Spirit Wrack IV. It's not funcom that hates HoX, it's pugs that do, and when they do it's a good hint for staying away.
    Last edited by Belawen; 8th September 2014 at 08:50.

what's hard is not the dungeon itself, but to convince people (even guildies) to go there...

i've been there some times, because i had friends that wanted to kill the boss, but after we killed him a few times, nobody ever wanted to step in again...
    it's easier to get people for tian or coils than for jade...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianHoX View Post
    I've been through too many wipes in Caverns HM with one of the tanks not getting a dedicated healer and dying as a result.
    Thats not a healer problem thats a tank problem. I have tanked a boss in Caverns of Malice with my Barbarian...

And usually does it in Carnage and Frenzy on the Conqueror, just a def stance swap when the boss shields..

what's hard is not the dungeon itself, but to convince people (even guildies) to go there...
    Most of people cba leading/creating something unusual. I can't blame them, how much full t4 tanks have never tanked Jade ? When i needed this belt with my HoX, I tanked/healed most of the Jade groups i did but even dpsers ultimate goal of "not dying stupidly" is sometimes out of reach. Bomb mechanism too hard to understand.

Makes me think of that comic. Now i have this belt, i can forget Jade Dugout o/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast