Thread: Color and tattoo glitch

Default Color and tattoo glitch

Hi there!

I was using the red top and bottom bikini as Vanity gear and also had the tattoo "Hidden Lotus", but they kinda glitched until yesterday while I had to put all my settings on crazy ultra low to barely play during WB events.

As you can see on the picture, the top & bottom color went from red to some kind of light purple while the tattoo got separated in two parts. You can also see that on the 3d character model in the inventory menu, the colors are right (but not the tattoo though).

What can I do to fix this? I've tried to play with the settings, low-medium-high, it didn't change anything. Neither relogging.

I had that same problem too long ago, I fixed it like that:

- Set ALL settings too low, log out (wait 15 seconds) and close the game while in login screen.

- Start the game again, set all Setting to the quality you want but don't log into the game with a charakter, just close the game after you set them like you want.

- Start the game again and log into the game with a charakter

Something like that helped me, it fixed the colors (sorry if that isn't working, was like 3 Years ago I had this bug)

Another way to fix it could be the repairing tool from the game launcher (start patcher -> go to settings tab and right side the first button)

I hope that helps you out, such a bug can be pretty annoying...

EDIT: Did you tested the colors infront of a different lighting (or maybe at daytime)? Sometimes the colors change very strange infront of different lighting sources (like the one in Vile nativity, your charakters skin looks some kind of bluish...)
    Last edited by xCodename; 4th September 2014 at 23:22.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    I had that same problem too long ago, I fixed it like that:

- Set ALL settings too low, log out (wait 15 seconds) and close the game while in login screen.

- Start the game again, set all Setting to the quality you want but don't log into the game with a charakter, just close the game after you set them like you want.

- Start the game again and log into the game with a charakter

Something like that helped me, it fixed the colors (sorry if that isn't working, was like 3 Years ago I had this bug)

Another way to fix it could be the repairing tool from the game launcher (start patcher -> go to settings tab and right side the first button)

I hope that helps you out, such a bug can be pretty annoying...

EDIT: Did you tested the colors infront of a different lighting (or maybe at daytime)? Sometimes the colors change very strange infront of different lighting sources (like the one in Vile nativity, your charakters skin looks some kind of bluish...)
    Hey, thanks for the tips. I actually uninstalled the game and reinstalling it as I'm writting this. If it doesn't fix the issue I'll try these tricks.
    As you suggested I tried different light sources (torch/daylight etc), it didn't change anything, the color was still purpleish, nothing near red (which is my primary color for my vanity gear).

Hopefully the reinstallation will fix this bug...

Good Luck

Hopefully the reinstallation will fix this bug...

Good Luck
    Hey, reinstallation didn't change anything, it even kept my old settings despite deleting the whole AoC file in Program Files.
    I'm trying your method but I'm not sure it's going to work for my case.

Edit: no it didn't worked, I really don't understand what's causing this, I tried to play with the contrast/gamma option, nothing either.
    Last edited by Saadiah; 5th September 2014 at 19:06.

Hm... thats strange... maybe some more files have to be deleted, there are some in the "Local" folder (Go to start and type there %appdata%, now you are in "Roaming" folder, just go one back and you can get the "Local" one, there is one with the name "Funcom") but I think there are only Waypoints and so on saved.

You could try to delete this folder but I don't really think it will change the graphical settings.

Hm... thats strange... maybe some more files have to be deleted, there are some in the "Local" folder (Go to start and type there %appdata%, now you are in "Roaming" folder, just go one back and you can get the "Local" one, there is one with the name "Funcom") but I think there are only Waypoints and so on saved.

You could try to delete this folder but I don't really think it will change the graphical settings.
    Holy cow, wow !!!! It worked!!!! I guess it saved the ultra low settings even when I tried to set them to High so it kept the ugly color.
    Anyway, this worked!!! Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by Saadiah View Post
    Holy cow, wow !!!! It worked!!!! I guess it saved the ultra low settings even when I tried to set them to High so it kept the ugly color.
    Anyway, this worked!!! Thank you !
    Oh, thats nice, didn't knew that this files can have such an important influence to the graphical settings.