Thread: FUNCOM please fix the settings being reseted after relog?

Default FUNCOM please fix the settings being reseted after relog?

It is very annoying to be doing every day. I don't want to delete tabs and make new ones or to make three loops on a full moon.
    I want you to in fact save the changes a player makes into a file and keep it that way.

Shouldn't be too hard, the game itself request more of the coders, does it not?

Just like the Orbit quest, bugged since 2008(?) and never to be fixed.

PS: put back the chat bot cleanser, too many gold spam going.
    Last edited by KephaPT; 4th September 2014 at 15:10.
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

Yep, it sucks. Bugscom(Funcom) is notorious for letting bugs be a game feature.

I log on once a month now to kill the world boss on 4 toons. Even that has become a chore and is no longer fun.

Settings won't save on relog.
    All particles are off and yet I STILL see green healing circles around peoples feet. And yes, I REALLY need to see that the 248 necro pets have heals on them. That's great!
    Not to mention the hundreds of other bugs and broken **** or missing **** or half-assed ****.

I'm just grateful I only have 2 more WB kills to be done with this game. And I'm not even sure why I want to finish the damn quest. Not like I'll be using the cape.

Pretty sure there exists some uttility that allows you to save AoC settings with no risk of it not saving, although I'm too lazy to dig it up for you.

Also, lolz at the too many necro pets complaint.

i have never had this problem. i had the annoying "type password again" after each relog but that also is gone now.. not sure what "fixed" it, was it changing to win 8.1 or perhaps the fact i had to start using the aoc quick start thing, anyway its gone now.
    during my aoc career i have not suffered from many problems while others combat with issues almost daily.. would be nice to know what is so different with my game compared to others

the problem is our preference files are uploaded to the "AoC cloud" which rejects them when they reach a certain size.
    The size of our preference files increases because for each chat tab you have, there is small history kept in each one. The more you use each chat tab, the bigger the history gets, and it never is properly cleaned.

I wrote a utility that cleans it, but Funcom will replace it with their last known uploaded one that wasn't too big for them. So my utility works in 3 steps:
    1. login to the character select screen
    2. start the utility and go to step 2
    3. choose your character and wait till it can run around in game, and hit finish

When you log out, your settings should be small enough to store in the "AoC cloud" so they actually get saved properly.

The reason it needs to be done in that order is because Funcom will replace your current cleaned up version of that file with a crappy old version during the load character stage (the load screen after you choose which character to log into) - and my utility prevents it from doing that by making it read-only after its removed the excess chat histories from the file. When you are able to run around in game, the last step makes it writable again.

Unfortunately you have to do it one character at a time.

See my signature for the utility.
    Last edited by Scaevacas; 12th September 2014 at 07:27.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    the problem is our preference files are uploaded to the "AoC cloud" which rejects them when they reach a certain size.
    The size of our preference files increases because for each chat tab you have, there is small history kept in each one. The more you use each chat tab, the bigger the history gets, and it never is properly cleaned.

I wrote a utility that cleans it, but Funcom will replace it with their last known uploaded one that wasn't too big for them. So my utility works in 3 steps:
    1. login to the character select screen
    2. start the utility and go to step 2
    3. choose your character and wait till it can run around in game, and hit finish

When you log out, your settings should be small enough to store in the "AoC cloud" so they actually get saved properly.

The reason it needs to be done in that order is because Funcom will replace your current cleaned up version of that file with a crappy old version during the load character stage (the load screen after you choose which character to log into) - and my utility prevents it from doing that by making it read-only after its removed the excess chat histories from the file. When you are able to run around in game, the last step makes it writable again.

Unfortunately you have to do it one character at a time.

See my signature for the utility.
    that explains why new characters and less playrd alts are able to savevsettings on logoff.
    you basically tought funcom how to fix their own game!!! Oh, the irony...
    I wonder if more players like you had access to the game code other persistant bugs would be fixed by now.