Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on this month's loot pinata.

Default Thoughts on this month's loot pinata.

I've done it once, and that's it for me. The same problem that has befallen all other bosses with the exception of the executioner has been present. 200+ players crammed into one instance in a game that can barely handle 24. Created insane lag, minimum 200ms max over 9000. And if that wasn't enough, because of the strangely optimized shaders it drags FPS to a crawl, making it nearly impossible to attack at a normal rate. Funcom seems to refuse to address the instance size issue, which is strange... There's no need to have a multi-million HP boss that takes a crashy amount of players to kill. Seriously, it would go down faster if the boss had twice it's normal amount of HP and instances were limited to 50 players. The only incentive to blowing up your computer in the name of a world boss is that Legendary quality cape they're dangling in front of our noses.

My 1.24 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    I've done it once, and that's it for me. The same problem that has befallen all other bosses with the exception of the executioner has been present. 200+ players crammed into one instance in a game that can barely handle 24. Created insane lag, minimum 200ms max over 9000. And if that wasn't enough, because of the strangely optimized shaders it drags FPS to a crawl, making it nearly impossible to attack at a normal rate. Funcom seems to refuse to address the instance size issue, which is strange... There's no need to have a multi-million HP boss that takes a crashy amount of players to kill. Seriously, it would go down faster if the boss had twice it's normal amount of HP and instances were limited to 50 players. The only incentive to blowing up your computer in the name of a world boss is that Legendary quality cape they're dangling in front of our noses.

My 1.24 cents.
    I just did a World Boss. I set my Graphics to Medium, then Set particles to Self. I maintained about 70 FPS and never had the lag meter go "yellow" or "Red". My PC is not the best, just about middle of the road.

there should not be any need to adjust settings.. but when wb comes you got to tone down all graphics. why?

The problem is the amount of players, I have a rather good pc and even on the lowest settings I lag so much my fps must be about 10 sometimes worse... I have to get to the opposite of the boss spawn area where there are less people so with my lowest npc/player distance view, it helps to take some shots and survive for 1min. After that I pray for no random freeze/crash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    I just did a World Boss. I set my Graphics to Medium, then Set particles to Self. I maintained about 70 FPS and never had the lag meter go "yellow" or "Red". My PC is not the best, just about middle of the road.
    Maybe you live in the US?

Is anybody else receiving empty loot boxes? I've got 2 so far??

Quote Originally Posted by edinazzu View Post
    Is anybody else receiving empty loot boxes? I've got 2 so far??
    You absolutely sure they're empty? As in, you check the loot log? Some only give AA mastery xp directly - don't even get the AA pot item in inventory.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Same goes for Ta Neheh or any other item that can stack up in your inventory, that you already have.

I've got mixed feelings about this one, mostly due to instances I was in.

Some instances the boss went down smoothly with no issues. I rarely had lag issues on my desktop, which is a middle of the road build. I was able to have world particles and all particles enabled most fights on it and was able to achieve about 40 fps. However on my laptop, I noticed a constant yellow line, and my laptop itself isn't bad, a mid ranged gaming laptop. In other instances the people would kite the boss down the stairs, or attempt to kite the boss while hitting it, or kite it all over the room it spawns in, making it go from a 10-20 minute fight up to a 45 minute fight.

I find the tactics for this one to be interesting, but not at all fun given that when the boss goes into its fragment of reality mode most people run and try to hit them, or stand where they all pop and do damage. I imagine that the tactics are a dumbed down version of the Lurker boss, but given that I've never done that fight, I don't know for sure.

My main issue is not with lag, or lack of tactics, but rather that the average player would rather kite the boss down to the rezpad (which was happening quite frequently in the last few hours I was online) or would rather lay dead for 80% of the fight, or be afk for 80% of the fight. Nerfing the bosses HP by 25% would be enough to give the players who actually move around when they are taking aoe damage a better advantage. Autokicking them from the playfield after 120 seconds of inactivity would be optimal though, and I'd rather much see that implimented over a HP nerf.

I will say, I found last month's Executioner more entertaining and fun.

Limiting the people per instance more and reducing health is the way to go. Not punishment for the players like autokick or no rewards etc..

You do not know, why they act like that. They might have a very good reason and as it is, not hurting others.
    With reduced players in instance you will have less crashes, people can form organized raids and actually communicate and benefit from each other. So the boss does not have to go down a lot slower.
    Also the afk crowd would reconsider and might get more motivated to help, when facing the choice to afk a lot longer (and miss next boss) or help as well as seeing their actions actually matter.

I am chasing loot on a lvl 74 melee char in cloth gear.
    I am standing far of the boss and it might look like I am doing no damag but my Ravager of Jhil is doing more damage than I ever could.
    He is being affected with al kinds of Electrical (Storm Charge) and Unholy magic and deals damage with those.
    Last edited by HaremBunny; 4th September 2014 at 16:22.
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast