Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lowbie PvP, share your thoughts

This thread made me log one of my lvl 19 chars and participate in a couple of Minis yesterday. Last time before that was before sprint revamp...

Nice change for once but nothing that will keep me long from endgame...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Each bracket was unique, because class balance and options were different.
    And since most got an 80 to help or tried to maximize gear, the gap was by far not so high as on 80 now. You could start with buying gear and then doing runs and get lucky. That instance running was the only grind involved. Totally different on 80.
    Dunno why ppl keep saying that. Its just not true. The gap is even higher because some clases do get their ccs later then other or important combos. And if you tell me its better to grind instances you can only do with 80 to get best gear and the gap betwenn chars with those gear and without isnt higher then on pvp at 80, where everyone can get same gear without help from other then you clearly living in a dreamworld.

Pvp in those brackets make a lot of fun for sure. But dont tell ppl bulls.hit like the balance in those brackets is better then in the endgame. It wanst, it isnt, and it wont be. Just because class evolution through the leveling is quite different from class to class and was never ment to be balanced out for the pvp brackets...

It always bored me to death to gear up lowbie toons by farming instances with an 80 so i've always found these minis to be completely meaningless. With players fully blue geared with a toon specificly made for it's OPness at this or that bracket on one side, farming players that just joined while levelling, wearing only the green stuff they found while quested and eventually some cheap, mediocre, blues from trader on the other side.

I find it much easier actually to PvP with a crappy geared toon at level 80 then lowbie. It's a bit better now with the sprint revamp but still almost out of the question for a guy who doesn't want to play only at level 19/39 or 59 with blue geared farmed by an 80.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    It always bored me to death to gear up lowbie toons by farming instances with an 80 so i've always found these minis to be completely meaningless. With players fully blue geared with a toon specificly made for it's OPness at this or that bracket on one side, farming players that just joined while levelling, wearing only the green stuff they found while quested and eventually some cheap, mediocre, blues from trader on the other side.

I find it much easier actually to PvP with a crappy geared toon at level 80 then lowbie. It's a bit better now with the sprint revamp but still almost out of the question for a guy who doesn't want to play only at level 19/39 or 59 with blue geared farmed by an 80.

well every piece is on the trader which is 2-3 pieces per toon (most gear slots dont have blue pieces at 19 unless its the lvl 1 starter set). considering how small the gear gap is (a decked out toon will have 2 extra strength) gear is not as much a determining factor as it is at lowbie. however the play style is much much more different. the screenie in my signature was my first toon which had quest gear with green dual weps (because i unintentionally deleted stroms sabre)

if u find it more boring to to a white sands run compared to doing a few thousand minis with t4, factions, etc. i guess its fair to say lowbies arent made for you.

as well, epic bosses are pve, u dont need an 80, several 19s can kill bosses alone, let alone a group.

my 19 hox with 36minis played has a /played of 1day 11hours, it is fully decked out with trader gear.
    my pvp 10 barb doesnt have every pvp 10 gear piece, has bought 1 t2 piece, has a /played of 34 days. i didnt do 6mans for rares so i cant buy elixirs(i have 7 rares), i also dont have t4 weps
    my pvp 10 sin doesnt have every pvp 10 piece, has bought 2 pieces of t2, has a /played of 55 days. every rare i had were spent on the hyrkanians dagger, i also dont have t4 weps
    i havent been doing factions so i cant buy the faction food, i also cant buy the lotus flowers for open world pvp buffs

my hox with 1 played day has the best weapon the bracket has to offer with maybe 1 intelligent pt missing to be the most decked out hox. on the other hand 50 days played is not enough to be premade ready at 80

it takes a /played of about 3 days at 80 to hit pvp 4, which is simply suicidal a grind of being a gimp (feasible on crom considering the player quality, but on fury its quite a chore). it took me time to commit a few hours to deck out a toon myself on rage, but the grind is so much less, at least 50 times less then it is at 80 according to the time i put on my toons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12