Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowbie PvP, share your thoughts

Default Lowbie PvP, share your thoughts

Hiya! Was about to start one of those rants on aspects PvP can be ameliorated (read Kesh Guards are still attacking in Kesh, and I’ve got a /played of 90 days and still haven’t finished flagbotting for those damn campaign badges) but my little rant on lowbie PvP is more than long enough.

We don’t talk too often about lowbies, and considering their renewed popularity… lets discuss!

lowbie pvp:
    Lvl 19s offer this distinct feature in the game that everyone has the best weapon at lvl 19 within 3hours of creating a character. Furthermore lowbies are exempt from face roll abilities (rangers and necros are the exceptions), and have mechanics that are proper to their own class. Combos are shorter and fewer which empowers movement over using a set rotation of abilities. lowbie PvP is also easier on computers because of the reduced amount of particles (seizable amount of players report lag at 80s when zones get busy, even higher percentage when thinking only of new players). Lowbies are also exempt from blue pots, crafted food, elixirs, khitai food, pets with various buffs, store gear and obviously exempt of the infamous gear/AA/know every ability in the game of each and every class and how it buffs and debuffs and how far it reaches and for how long it lasts or how long the cd with each and every possible spec and set of AAs GRIND. Lowbie PvP therefore makes it an attractive starting place for players to try out PvP in a more simplistic nature before graduating to the hardships of 80 PvP. Lowbies don’t have a very loud voice on the forums or in-game since most are free to play; however, just like I was a free to play lowbie once, those are the firsts steps to being a paying customer just like I have become. Building a strong lowbie PvP scene is no mistake, first impressions matter.

--LEAVE WHITE SANDS TO 19S. Just like there arent any lvl 760 GMs with full legendary t16 gear ganking duels in Keshatta. I have half a dozen 19s on Rage from when it was called Deathwish all of which I starting playing with utmost rarity with when a merge brought lvl 25 store bought gear with elixirs and blue pots in, and haven’t logged on since lvl 80s are permitted on White Sands. 19s have both distinction and seizable inferiority compared to higher lvled toons, there is no sense to mingle them together.

--PVP QUESTS FOR LOWBIES that want to stay lowbies for just a little longer (Tortage can get to you sometimes). We have all heard of lowbies being pvp 7 or 8, all of which had 0 campaign badges come the time to play at lvl 80. You won’t see flagbots and dedicated bombmen in lowbies because of the lack of reward which is fantastic. Lowbies already have access to the RP stuff you guys added in the last PvP patch; however, a rare campaign badge for various achievements would be decent too so that time committed at lowbie is not entirely counterproductive.

--INCREASE THE ZONING CAPACITY OF WHITE SANDS. If Anything, make a Pve and PvP zone (with extra PvE xp and AA in the PvP zone obviously). White Sands could simply use more people per instance, considering the event week had multiple instances in Keshatta which had the population clustered in 1 area, White Sands zoning capacity is definitely too small.

--WHAT ABOUT 39S? Shouldn’t they get a zone for themselves too? They are fine as is. Only thing I suggest is to find a way to prevent the run ins between 39s and 80s in Wild Lands, Conalls, and Khopsheff. The difference between a 39 and a 40 is much smaller than 19 and 20, and the zones are much vaster making camping more of a challenge. Other than 80s very few skilled players will have the time to bother trolling with higher lvled toons since lvling is tedious and much more rewarding to be active at 80. Lowbie greifing is not as bad as it is in Tortage.

--MERGE RAGE AND FURY. They have the same open world pvp quests, White Sands is the only zone lowbies ever truly cared for—every single of my thousands of duels have happened there(no mobs , theres a vendor with pots, some terrain and obstacles, and even a puddle for your average ranger).
    Last edited by openworldpvp; 3rd September 2014 at 00:53.

ehemmm since im quoted in your signature i was afraid of posting here ...

but

im a 19er pvp fan too - i had a account designated especially for it back in the time only - till they ofc closed tortage to pvp on pvp servers - a profany! - bless god Sillirion isnt here anymore

so thing which is bothering me the most is - pvp quest also give exp towards gaining lvls - some think and treat is as plus i consider it in minus - as for you cant participate in it with your build up for pvp toon - example you are lvl 19 or 39 - spent a lot of time gearing up or what not learning it - and you accidentally finish one pvp quest (i know a lot ppl did that at begining of open world pvp events) - bang you earned 2-3 lvls ... all that time spent into developing a toon for desired pvp bracet gone - i feel sorry for you who exped this guys,

so solution is - make a switch somewhere in character sheets - stop/start pve exp gain - simple solution - i bet i would be gladly welcomed by many lowbie pvpers out there - hmm damn i remeber i had to lvl up another toon to 80 cos was afraid of getting too many lvls with lvl 16 who i was pvping with to make some money needed for pots, also to get gear cos mobs gave a lot of exp and you could ding in no time, as well as simple things like looking fro crafting materials - ofc mobs have it so you have to kill em and guess what - you will ding - bye bye dreamed of bracet ... and im not mentioning times when pvp exp was introduced and while doing pvp you also in same time got pve exp - so it was impossible to stay where you wanted forever - ofc it has itw own meaning in it - to bring as many player as possible to 80 and to particiapte there in everything game has to offer in biggest numbers can be ...

but

remeber - lowbie pvp has its flavour for many - like a sweet childs dream that he or she cant forget about

just saying

also i vouch so here is my /+15(lvl 80ties) & +1(lvl 19) for some rewards additionally to so lil pvp exp from below lvl 80 minigames etc! its a must - i think i made a topic long time ago somewhere about it - please listen >>> ^^ op told his story here - look he started from lowbie pvp and he ended beign full time sub - coins to take! simple as that

hope FC dev will at least look in here to at least clarify our request and concerns

thanks for sharing your thoughts
    Last edited by openworldpvp; 4th September 2014 at 02:27.

I still got my barbs for 39 and 59 brackets with top gear. I remember how hard I tried until I got that imba blunt from Khopshef whatever solo dungeon. Was fun to nuke real noobs into the ground so they would never ever try pvp again. NOT.

One of the reasons why people like lowie pvp is: there is not this gear and aa difference.

So instead of fighting f.e. with your maxed out 39 toon in 39 bracket the vets shout try playing with a level 20 in green gear. Lowie pvp should give much higher rewards in both pvp and pve xp.

Doesn't really matter anyway. The class balance in low levels is even worse than on 80.

Problem here is the game system. With a variant of already suggested consequence systems you actually would get something out of fighting against the odds with your green geared 20
    I did it and it was actually fun and doable on some classes, but of course in a 6ppl mini, people scream "autokick!" or "gtfo, lowbie!" fast. Problem is the effect of gear compared to choices a player mades. This is why lvl19 minis have survived so far, because there this negative effect is lowest.

Never cared for 19 PvP, too boring.

I did like the 59 bracket, the problem however is that unless you had an 80 or a group to do dungeons like catacombs, cistern, main system, etc. you'd be farmed by other decked out 59's.

Each bracket was unique, because class balance and options were different.
    And since most got an 80 to help or tried to maximize gear, the gap was by far not so high as on 80 now. You could start with buying gear and then doing runs and get lucky. That instance running was the only grind involved. Totally different on 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Each bracket was unique, because class balance and options were different.
    And since most got an 80 to help or tried to maximize gear, the gap was by far not so high as on 80 now. You could start with buying gear and then doing runs and get lucky. That instance running was the only grind involved. Totally different on 80.
    19s and 39s are both active, why the past tense

Have not seen a 39 mini in months...and back then it was pure resspadfarming.
    The 19 minis are happening at certain times only...so i guess a core group of friends or guildmates has to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    The 19 minis are happening at certain times only...so i guess a core group of friends or guildmates has to be there.
    they're quite active tbh
    Early morning , you need to ninja-invite 6 random lowbies to pop the mini , but for the rest of the day they fully run with tiny stops

spent last week in 19's , was very pleasant time , there were moments when 2x HV were running parallely

-----
    On topic , i like what i read , specially the part about giving extra pvp activities and rewards to low lvls
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*