Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Current state of the game

I think for beginners find their place in the game can help well-considered craft system.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    No I was trying to tell him that it's pretty easy to get good **** in this game and thus it's not that big a grind to play this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andistoteles View Post
    I dont understand how you can call this game a grind. In khitai you need to work to get some gear, thats a good thing. its progression. We veterans have little to do at endgame now, if the grind was smaler we would have enven less things to do. Getting Khitai gear is really easy. I fail to see the issue here. IMO, there is too little grind in this game at max level.
    If im not mistaken the gear you need to buy is close to 1000 rares(including weapon/accessories).
    if you're lucky you can get 8 rares a day in 3 instances when soloing. granted you have the refugee instance available.
    that makes it over 120 days of repeating the same content each day just to even be considered to join a group.
    and that is if you are lucky and they'll accept a noob.
    This in addition to the time needed to get all the AA's and ranking factions to rank 4.
    Maybe you think this is a fun way to spend your game time but for many its not funny at all. Thats also why people leave.
    Last edited by etrym; 3rd September 2014 at 13:35.

Quote Originally Posted by etrym View Post
    If im not mistaken the gear you need to buy is close to 1000 rares(including weapon/accessories).
    if you're lucky you can get 8 rares a day in 3 instances when soloing. granted you have the refugee instance available.
    that makes it over 120 days of repeating the same content each day just to even be considered to join a group.
    This in addition to the time needed to get all the AA's and ranking factions to rank 4.
    Maybe you think this is a fun way to spend your game time but for many its not funny at all. Thats also why people leave.
    Well this is not a solo game. People should join a guild. And Boy can you make rares with a noob friendly guild. Just go Hoc rare farming and maybe some normal modes, and btw. caravan raiders nm is now good fun and drops nice blue armor and weapons, same with hoc rare farming.

So getting rares and good starter gear is no problem, but to play an mmo like this in solo mode is well...Wrong? At least the game was not desgined around single play.

Ps. Blue weapons and armor in this game can be quite powerful. There are too many out there who does not get this fact. But it's true, so if only people would do some nm's, at least hoc rare farm is on daily, other than that, join a guild.
    Last edited by AngryBarb; 3rd September 2014 at 13:38.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

you don't need to be full khitai epic to join a group.
    just get faction blues, some t1/t2 drops from world boss, and you will be fine...

now you get 1 expertise point each lvl, so that's 80 point just for leveling. except for rogues, that's enough to get the basic aa you need.
    and, as i said, you don't need to bring all factions to rank 4. pick your favorite one and focus on it, then buy epic boots and wrists, fill your equipment with the other faction blue gear, and you'll be fine...

i agree that it's not fun to get all your gear through solo play. but nobody is forcing you to do that!!
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    you don't need to be full khitai epic to join a group.
    just get faction blues, some t1/t2 drops from world boss, and you will be fine...

now you get 1 expertise point each lvl, so that's 80 point just for leveling. except for rogues, that's enough to get the basic aa you need.
    and, as i said, you don't need to bring all factions to rank 4. pick your favorite one and focus on it, then buy epic boots and wrists, fill your equipment with the other faction blue gear, and you'll be fine...

i agree that it's not fun to get all your gear through solo play. but nobody is forcing you to do that!!
    tell this to all the "AA, exp, gear" groups out there.
    i've played for 2 weeks and only once did i get accepted into a group because i dont have the right gear or exp. this includes attempts to join HoC and unchained old world content.
    Since im a returning player i have all the important AA's.
    I also have full t2 raid gear mixed with some khitai purples.
    but its not good enough apparently.
    i mean when i as a decent gears player struggle that much, what about the ones that have lousy gear?

What i write is from the eyes of returning player that lacks a lot to experience the end game content you veterans thinks is easy.
    Ask yourself this instead.
    Is the current system appealing to new players and returning players?
    Would you use it as a strong point when promoting aoc?

I certainly wouldn't do it but thats my opinion.
    Last edited by etrym; 3rd September 2014 at 14:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    As far as I know, there actually are no encounters in AoC relying on hearing

[...]

Dogs (to make a somewhat weird comparison) live pretty fine without apparently much color vision at all.
    I have an hearing impaired friend. And he used to play AoC. Sadly, he never got past T1 in his raiding days, and he never did any of the Khitai NM dungeons. Each and every time he said he said he couldn't hear a thing on TS/mumble/vent, he was kicked. It's a community problem, and I find it sad, since he's a good player.

As for the dogs, their main senses are smell and hearing. They use their eyes mostly for spotting movement. It's not a valid comparison
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

tell this to all the "AA, exp, gear" groups out there.
    i've played for 2 weeks and only once did i get accepted into a group because i dont have the right gear or exp. this includes attempts to join HoC and unchained old world content.
    Since im a returning player i have all the important AA's.
    I also have full t2 raid gear mixed with some khitai purples.
    but its not good enough apparently.
    so i see you and others say one thing but in-game its not like that at all.
    i rarely had this kind of problems, even with my new characters...
    but of course there are some "group leaders" that thinks that gear can make a huge difference...

by the way, the simplest way to get around it is to join a guild...

What i write is from the eyes of returning player that lacks a lot to experience the end game content you veterans thinks is easy.
    Ask yourself this instead.
    Is the current system appealing to new players and returning players?
    Would you use it as a main point when promoting aoc?

I certainly wouldt do it but thats my opinion.
    i don't know... maybe my point of view is biased... but the 1st thing i would do in your situation would be to look for a good guild!!
    and, the fact that the content is not easy is a good selling point for me!!
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    i rarely had this kind of problems, even with my new characters...
    but of course there are some "group leaders" that thinks that gear can make a huge difference...

by the way, the simplest way to get around it is to join a guild...

i don't know... maybe my point of view is biased... but the 1st thing i would do in your situation would be to look for a good guild!!
    and, the fact that the content is not easy is a good selling point for me!!
    hard content is good. repetitive content is not.
    aoc is highly represented in the repetitive category which is also my main point to all of this.
    frankly it could take 6 months to get full khitai if the road to get there didnt mean play the same few dungeons for 6 months.
    and t2 gear should be a good alternative to khitai. so players can choose to raid or go 6-man. for DT thats not a choice to make if you want to progress according to the pro dt's.

The essence of what im saying is that the game is to focuses on repeating quests which takes away the fun for us that are no hard core aoc players.

btw, its not that easy to find a guild that accepts noobs and are willing to teach them HM/Uc and does it regularly.

btw, its not that easy to find a guild that accepts noobs and are willing to teach them HM/Uc and does it regularly.
    Weird, i would think almost every single guild is recruiting on a regular basis.

As for joining unchained, since they're often much harder than khitan HMs, it's totally normal that random pugs don't want under developed characters.

As a guildless beginner, starting with unchained is really not the thing to do, you want to do some t1/2 and the easier khitan HMs first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Weird, i would think almost every single guild is recruiting on a regular basis.

As for joining unchained, since they're often much harder than khitan HMs, it's totally normal that random pugs don't want under developed characters.

As a guildless beginner, starting with unchained is really not the thing to do, you want to do some t1/2 and the easier khitan HMs first.
    i have full t2 without that helping much in the hm/uc department.

but as i said previously. my rant is not really about this but that the game is designed to repeat the same content over and over and over to eventually get something.
    even if you get in groups you are kinda forced into doing the same dungeon over and over because the item you want/need only drops in that one dungeon.

this is just a part of the general problem for the noobs and not very appealing when deciding to play this game further or just move on.
    Remember that we are talking about players that are new or stopped playing earlier for several reasons, not the veterans that are content with the way the game works.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast