Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feather of Ibis vs conq 2he

Default Feather of Ibis vs conq 2he

On my conq, I have a T2 conq 2he. I was wondering if the Feather of Ibis would be better for (PvE) tanking than the T2, giving it has like +7 dps but no +hate.

How does the Ibis compare to the T2 (or T3 in case I get it soon) in terms of tanking?

Ibis is only really a tanking weapon for conks if slotted with protection gems, for magic fights. The lack of strength hurts more than the lack of hate in my experience.

My Ibis had dps gems until I got a dps upgrade, then I regemmed for a protection sword.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Always remember about all possible buffs with +% weapon dmg so -> more base dmg, more dips, better aggro as well I guess.

For Ibis I always tought its pretty clear which gems to use on a pure melee class - crit rating, healing one and blue rare protection one.

I'm pretty sure ibis will give significantly better dps and aggro than the conq t1/2/3 swords, which are really turtle'ish.

I never had an ibis myself but back in time when it would have made sense for me, i would have been very glad to get one.
    Plus, as said, you can always turn it into a protection weapon, since epic protection 2HE are not exactly common nor easy to get.

It's going to depend on what you are fighting.

The T2 Conq sword has Strength for when you need the mitigation and it has hit rating if you are struggling to find that elsewhere.

Ibis' advantages are obvious with higher DPS and plenty of crit.

I have been struggling with this very question the past few months. I do have all the mats and belong to a guild that can easily craft one so thats not an issue. My issue was would it be worth it. Here is what i decided.

In my expierence doing unchained dungeons tanking with another much better geared and skilled conq and dts ive decided agaisnt the ibis. I was using the t2 2 hander and recently got the t3. Tanking with the t2 was hard but the t3 made things much more easy. So much so that i just cant see an ibis being useful as anything but a protection sword. Also these better players all advised me against the Ibis.

Also should i ever get the 2 hander conq sword from the unchained quests an ibis would quickly be retired. Another reason not to bother with one.

So in the end for tanking my answer is a NO if you regularly do t3. If you dont do t3 it may be marginally better then a t2 but my recent experience gives me doubts.

Also reguarding geming the ibis for dps such as using crit gems. Conqs are not DT's We dont get the massive buff to crit like they do from vom. You wont see imo the dps improvement to offset the +hate from the conq sword.
    Last edited by Aylis; 2nd September 2014 at 14:16.

Also, Conquerors have a lot of crit chance from feat tree and the formation. With Furious Strikes and Burning Standard there is already 458 crit rating. Burning Standard is 5% and Furious Strikes is 7,5%. When this is calculated into the mix then the extra 140 crit rating (3,82%) is not that much of an increase, one could argue you got "enough" crit when it is close to 30% in fights. You could think about doing the Unchained excavators quests for chance of looting the Claymore of the Archaeologian. Granted, not all groups are capable of killing the last bosses in there but in my opinion more rewarding to learn encounters and new challenging fights than farming mats for some craftable weapon. Unless you already have the mats for it, then it is no question, craft it and then use it as protection sword.

http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...haeologian.jpg

What about for PvP? Is the health tap rating (and that healing blue gem) good (better than PvP T1 Greatsword)?

Disregard the healing gem. It doesn't proc often enough or hard enough to give up the other choices. If you need the heal gem get rid of your healer and get one that pays attention.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    What about for PvP? Is the health tap rating (and that healing blue gem) good (better than PvP T1 Greatsword)?
    Ibis is hands down better than PvP t1 sword.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast