Thread: You can not harvest while in combat.

Default You can not harvest while in combat.

I have been having an issue with this lately. Here is how it goes:
    I start farming resources. I get a random Druid/Boss .... I kill the spawn. I get locked in combat. I toggle combat ON and OFF. I am still in combat. I hide/unhide. I am still in combat. I check that I have no pets (Social or combat). I have none. I wait a few minutes, still in combat. I zone out and go back. There are no resources to harvest (Zone has reset). I wait 10 minutes for nodes to refill.

Then the whole thing starts all over. I am getting about 20 resources per hour. At this rate it just is not worth gathering.

Anyone have any tips or tricks for avoiding this bug and/or getting out of combat without logging or zoning?

Thanks

Have you tried putting away your weapon after a fight? Mounting and dismounting? I've been in combat but putting away my weapon (which I think you said you did) always got out of it for me.

If worst comes to worse, try doing a /petition and see if the GM can figure it out. Or find a deep body of water to swim in and see if that resets it.

Don't have any suggestions otherwise, sorry.

I don't know why but I get this bug too (not only in rossource instances, even in NG or Paikang) but very rarely. Combat music gets stuck and I can't do anything that requires me to be out of combat.

The only fix I have is to log out and in again, that fixes it for me.

If you are using combat pets and buffs, there is a bug that makes the game think you are in combat each time the pets get a buff. Especially bad with necros and demos.

Like I said, I have no active pets (social or combat). I tried mounting and un-mounting (No difference). I mounted up and rode in to water until it un-mounted me, and that got me out of combat.

So it looks like swimming in deep enough water will do it. I never had this issue until they changed Purple Lotus Swamp to have all of those invisible walls instead of the actual textures it use to have.

Thank you for your tips. Always appreciate the help.

Have you tried doing resources in lacheish or potain?

This used to happen to me all the time back in my harvesting days. The only way that I found to work around it is to sheath weapons, draw weapons, do one white hit on air, and sheath again. It seems silly but it always worked on getting me out of combat.