Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: necro vs sin help

Default necro vs sin help

does anyone have some helpful tips or strategies vs assassins? its really the only class im struglling against in pvp, and is extremely frustrating! it literally feels like sins need not even try and can kill me in a knockdown, skill of the sin isnt even a factor. im currently pvp 5 with all the available gear and 75% of the useful aa's - liche slotted with decisive/pressing. thanks for any time taken to post.
    Last edited by Krysthammer; 30th August 2014 at 13:38.

I don't have a nec, I'm writing this from a Hox's point of view, so someone else will have to give tips on specs/spells. As for AA i think 'Field of War' should be the better choice compared to 'Pressing Strikes'.
    Generally the best defense against sins is being mobile and using their tiny range of attack against them.
    If you are about to use a CC, don't use it while the sin can hit you, move away and start the CC there, so that it hits the sin while moves toward you.
    If he couldn't even do a white-hit on you when he got CCed the distance you moved was perfect.
    If you hear him using his anti-CC (memorize that sound!) stop casting the CC, immediately kite him again and try again after a few seconds, when his immunity to CC wore off. If your CC hits, move away a bit and start nuking him. If he breaks free from the CC- kite him again.
    If a sin charges you - instantly use purge/antiCC and sprint-jump away to make him miss his next hit.
    If you see him perform a hit into the air while moving towards you he is likely to kick you - either double-tap backwards to avoid the KB or move to make him miss the combo.

Using this you will get better at handling sins. It will not always help you to kill him, or to survive. But it will increase your chances to so or to get some help from your teammates if they are nearby.
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 30th August 2014 at 14:51.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

With necro it is impossible because necro havent knock and stagger and can activate sin's overload passively with Flesh of the wight buff or with one of 100500 dots what necro spread around. As example, each your cc except snare have little dmg effect and you can throw sin to god mode just when you trying to cc him and not to dmg.

And eh... Kite sin? With all his speed things? You should be better than O.E.Bjorndalen than If you know what i mean

I havent pvped actively on my necro since.. 3-4 years ago and the way I dealt with assassin back then was to avoid dotting them, pblast is ok so you can do buffed chill. I always ran with a pet back then to use frenzy to apply stagger so you can kite him easier. also avatar of death does not give stun or fear immunity so.. the biggest problem is if he lands kb on you or you panic . but back then stagger had no immunity so you staggered the sin for a good 10 seconds.

Best counter is having a physical damage dealer covering your ass though.

After pvp gear revamp some months ago sin have tooo huge amount of dmg and protection. He can kill 50 your pets one by one and than he will go for you :>

Sometimes when good skilled sin runs for me the whole team cant save my ass, only BS with his Bewilder combo can help...

In a 1 vs 1 encounter with unlimited time: Use melee pet + frenzy. You may be able to kite the Sin to death. Will depent on gear and terrain.

In a minigame: DoT everything in sight. You'll die anyhow, but that way, you can do some damage to the enemy before that - not by the DoT damage, but by keeping them in combat. As an alternative, run away for a while in some direction leading the Sin away from tactically important positions. You won't succeed in escaping, but use up the enemy's time.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    With necro it is impossible because necro havent knock and stagger and can activate sin's overload passively with Flesh of the wight buff or with one of 100500 dots what necro spread around. As example, each your cc except snare have little dmg effect and you can throw sin to god mode just when you trying to cc him and not to dmg.

And eh... Kite sin? With all his speed things? You should be better than O.E.Bjorndalen than If you know what i mean
    Hoxes can't kick either and staggering a sin 1vs1 is also unlikely. Still I manage to CC them the way I described, or kite if I don't. Sometimes you can't do anything - I agree. But most times you can and you should at least try.
    About "all the speed things" - afaik there is but one speedbuff, even barb has more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    Sometimes when good skilled sin runs for me the whole team cant save my ass, only BS with his Bewilder combo can help...
    Luckily the number of decent sins on either server is close to 0 lately. The days of kick-ass sins like Raelis are definitely over.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

When fighting assassin you have to watch out for two key things:

- Dull Pain
    - Lotus Overload

http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2012/...-overload.html

Dull Pain will grant assassin mitigation so when you see golden leafs floating around asssassin (very clear visual) then RUN or use your CC

Lotus Overload will grant spell immunity so assassin will resist CC

It is true that both necro and TOS are easy match up for assasin to tackle so my recomendation would be:

- DOT him up and run
    - since majority of assassins are running avatar basted hybrid fear based CC are key (if you see assassin glowing then fear him up)

But yeah, on 1v1 scenario if assassin have all his cooldown up it is a super tought for necro (aka its unbalanced as ****).
    Retired

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast