Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Achievement & Lore System still coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    That guy probably left funcom, but if you look at some quest chains and some hidden places and quests, you can deduce, that once upon a time someone like that worked for funcom

In general i can only second what cins said. I prefer games where you discover achievements rather than follow a list. Some games have a nice mix, though. In these cases the achievements work like secondary quest objectives.
    It really should be a mix. Some should be quest like and have a checklist, others should appear only when completed.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Sifie View Post
    This would be the native scaleform implementation code that was forked, right? I mean, thats pretty much what TSW and AOC somewhat has in common codewise that could have been forked.
    Well it is Scaleform yes (and ActionScript2 vs ActionScript3) but also the backend implementation of Lua. TSW has a *lot* more lua functionality than AoC, simply due to the fact that TSW was built with that framework in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifie View Post
    In my optic you should convert the entire AOC UI to scaleform while you're at it. Just look at how much value player developed content add to your TSW title. We could have the same engaged modding community in AOC instead of the stale in Development we see today.
    It's just far too much work. TSW was designed with this in mind but AoC was not. I don't have the coders to rewrite all of the GUI backends (i.e. not the Scaleform parts)

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    It's just far too much work. TSW was designed with this in mind but AoC was not. I don't have the coders to rewrite all of the GUI backends (i.e. not the Scaleform parts)
    That is understandable. We wouldn't need everything rewritten though, a few things would go a long way.

• Nametags would be great to get exposed for AOC through the scaleform framework.
    • Hotkeys and Actionbars would be sweet.
    • Friends list.

The key thing to expose is the friendslist. We been waiting for a decent friendslist for years, with the ability to add player notes and sort alts under mains. We could do this ourselves for the benefit of all players and your title, if this was exposed.

Oh and fixing CharacterBase.GetOffensiveTarget! The functionality is already there, it is just bugged. One of your TSW devs probably has a good idea of what the bug is as it was fixed for that title.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Sifie; 3rd September 2014 at 17:53.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12