Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Achievement & Lore System still coming?

Default Achievement & Lore System still coming?

Haven't heard about this in months.

Can anyone from Funcom confirm if these are still on the books?

Funcom

Still 100% on the books

Yay ! Can't wait for this since i've enjoyed the TSW one.
    Do you guys still looking for suggestions for AoC achievements btw ?

Funcom

Of course, we'd love suggestions.

We have to rewrite the interface and do some backend work (turns out the Conan & TSW code was forked during implementation of the system on TSW, so only pieces of the functionality exist in AoC code), but I have been talking with the coders about it this week while in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Still 100% on the books
    Cool man, thanks for the response.

Nice to see you posting on the forums. Appreciate the communication.

This is going to be interesting, was even thinking that a cool idea would be if someone makes a killstreak os 20 in mini gets a token, or some type of reward or even top healing ^^
    so it won't be only about kills....

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Of course, we'd love suggestions.

We have to rewrite the interface and do some backend work (turns out the Conan & TSW code was forked during implementation of the system on TSW, so only pieces of the functionality exist in AoC code), but I have been talking with the coders about it this week while in the US.
    This would be the native scaleform implementation code that was forked, right? I mean, thats pretty much what TSW and AOC somewhat has in common codewise that could have been forked.

I guess there will be some extending on the AOC scaleform framework for the achievement and crafting system as well. I talked with Glaucon a few times and had him forward a request to fix some existing issues in the current framework for AOC, but nothing has come out of it so far.

Would be awesome for player developed content if you would fix the GetOffensiveTarget() function for AOC, it wasn't working in TSW either but got fixed. However, since the code was forked it never got fixed in AOC, preventing a lot of meaningful cool player developed content in really working.

Hope you'll have someone look at it for us.

In my optic you should convert the entire AOC UI to scaleform while you're at it. Just look at how much value player developed content add to your TSW title. We could have the same engaged modding community in AOC instead of the stale in Development we see today.
    Last edited by Sifie; 1st September 2014 at 10:30.

You should have unlisted secret achievements when the time comes. TSW comes with them all presented to you on a grocery list and while a list is good, much more of the stuff should be left unknown for thrill of discovery.

Also, do cheevos for spectacular failures and misfortune:
    Forever Enslaved: Get killed by Saddur in tutorial.
    Beam Me Down: Run out of time in Enigmata.
    Ritual Sacrifice: Die in the middle of flame corridor in Black Castle.
    etc etc

It's true that TSW spoils it quite a bit, there's not the thrill of the discovery, so players are not encouraged to do crazy ridiculous stuff in the hope that some guy at FC with a twisted sense of humor thought about that one weird achievement.

That guy probably left funcom, but if you look at some quest chains and some hidden places and quests, you can deduce, that once upon a time someone like that worked for funcom

In general i can only second what cins said. I prefer games where you discover achievements rather than follow a list. Some games have a nice mix, though. In these cases the achievements work like secondary quest objectives.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast