Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else sick of repeating Flame/Vortex/Palace?

Default Is anyone else sick of repeating Flame/Vortex/Palace?

I just think far too many people are doing these, yes they are the most common advertised K6 man run but there are other dungeons out there!

is it that nobody has any patience trying to teach others these dungeons? the answer is probably "yes!"

It would be good for some new players to try get experience on the other K6 mans, I think everyone will agree reading this that it's quite upsetting Funcom put a lot of effort into these 6mans but 80% of the time people are just repeating the same ones.

I guess organized groups is better for some and i'm sure those out there have regular group members on their friends lists. I'm not sure exactly the solution to getting more people involved in the other ones, it would be good though to get people up to scratch on the other Khiati 6mans as there are some great ones out there!

on a last note, yeah I'm really having a laugh here, I mean how many people have went into a pug group with even flame/vortex/palace and ended up dying repeatedly because the rouge has missed FH

does Funcom need to introduce a better tutorial system for these instances? cut scene style? personally I really can't see that happening, a shame nevertheless.
    Last edited by zorgan2008; 26th August 2014 at 04:31.

Moved to the relevant subforum.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by zorgan2008 View Post
    does Funcom need to introduce a better tutorial system for these instances? cut scene style? personally I really can't see that happening, a shame nevertheless.

These dungeons are how old? 4 years iirc^^ I didnt play em for about 3 years tho since im only here for new raid encounters but iirc it was just burn, burn, burn with over geared ppl...

Isn't this mainly a matter of what ppl choose to spend their time on? Do they want to do the same old boring stuff, where they can be fairly sure to get those rares in a short time, or are ppl willing to experiment with newer content and maybe risk spending time on wiping?

If you're tired of those dungeons, why not start groups for "Test runs" in newer content, where some noobishness is allowed and the risk of wiping is slightly higher, but also the chance of actually having some fun and accomplishing something. ;-)

On a note: I often see ppl using FL/VO/PA as a type of "testing ground" to see if it's possible to move on with the group and maybe do Den/Abyss, KK, etc.

we also do mainly flame / vortex / palace , this is because you get fast tokens , at least thats what you think .
    We often have to pick one or 2 randoms from global and if its a rogue even reliquary and palace is a big pain , sometimes it is taking more than one hour.

and yes im tired of it . so i started to make tactic explaining script for proper dungeons
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Well for me its the only places i can get a spot in a group due to the AA, gear, exp requirements everyone have so i have no choice.

Monastery+palace is pug friendly places. Easy and fast rares.. As long as you don't end up trying coppice on the way . Today half of group left before we managed to start encounter properly.. Usually global groups work better in harder hm's as people sometimes bring something else than that offline leveled guard offtank there.. Just need some courage to form it and you can always say "i'm getting huuuge lagspikes atm" if spit hits the pan.

Quote Originally Posted by zorgan2008 View Post
    does Funcom need to introduce a better tutorial system for these instances?
    That wouldn't work either. Because a majority of players are either babies who want stuff handed to them on a platter, or cowards who'd die of fright if they ever met the tiniest bit of resistance from a bunch of pixels. That's why they keep insisting about that aa/gear/xp bullshit. No matter what you do, the root of this matter is unsolvable.

Also that's ALWAYS been stupid and meaningless, has never stopped anyone without aa/gear/xp from joining up; writing that in your recruitment spiel only proves you suck. Don't worry about that bit of crap and join any group you'd want to. Of course, you should be prepared for the possibility of entire group being incompetent but that's part and parcel of not being a cowardly loser.

Though there's another problem about grouping, which is the fact that far too many players are up to their nostrils with retardedly overpowered T4 crap, which trivializes most Khitai dungeons. There's unchained dungeons for those people but, as has been mentioned, many of them are cowards who keep sticking with older content they can steamroll with their pink pixels (which was probably handed to them by their betters).

The best way to deal with general loserness inherent in MMO players is to make your own groups. Invite them and show them the ropes (which is usually too much work for manbabies) and maybe they'll become an actual player later on.

I think I'm lucky,cause me and my friends go to KK or Abyss/Den pretty often. Like this the chance to wipe is actually almost zero,casue we repeated them a thousand times. The problem is that the unexperienced players are too afraid... even in my guild everytime I say I explain everythig,just come to TeamSpeak or everytime I make training runs,just 1-2 come with us. And I dunno why... There is no better place to learn than a guild,where we take the time and its not a problem if we wipe. I was thinking about teaching runs in global,but I don't think a lot of players would be interested.

20-30% of players can get enough relics/signs/other things and never step into other dungeons. They just lazy and don't want any risk. Or they too afraid. Or they don't have enough time to try other tactics and don't have enough faith into pick-up players. Any MMO have pug-friendly dungeons for newbies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast