Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pvp event on fury is an disaster

Quote Originally Posted by openworldpvp View Post
    btw the guards are green, no matter what
    Actually, if you have 100+ murder points, the guards are red and you can attack them. Would be cool if they had an extremely long respawn time so killing them would actually be worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Norisak View Post
    Actually, if you have 100+ murder points, the guards are red and you can attack them. Would be cool if they had an extremely long respawn time so killing them would actually be worth doing.
    Thats just senseless... Really, to fight guards all around Kheshatta...
    But people are kinda disappointed with the guards being active, so the pop gonna go down if this issue is not fixed.
    Suggestion: Remove guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Norisak View Post
    I remember times when you could kill the guards on white sands and even raids in the hubs overtaking khemi

event is pointless when guilds exploit them...come out with 12 people switch people in groups to gain domination areas....while regular players don't get anything

That is my point all along. Event is great for groups of the 4 archetypes when all of them do not need progression and they want to do it for fun.

The rest is domination or handholding per design. Domination only works, if participation is rewarded. Handholding is not for the hardcore pvpers obviously and has the Bori effect.

Easiest fix, suggested by someone ingame:
    1 tokens for participation, tier 1 xp buff, a low amount of xp
    2 tokens for 3rd place, tier 2 xp buff, more xp
    3 tokens for 2nd place, tier 2 xp buff, even more xp
    5 tokens for winning, tier 3 xp buff, most xp
    Then maybe some additional boost for special expertise.

No penalty for raids, some progression and boon for everyone wasting rl time on the event, same and better rewards for winners as now, too.

If you fear people getting pvp10+ too fast, cut on the xp rewards (not the tokens) and cooldowns.

btw, guard patrols still attack and ARE abused.

Another suggestion is to expand the event to certain arenas, because the infrastructure of the arenas of death is good maybe lesser rewards and not the quest structure...just something like a mini you can casually play.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 25th August 2014 at 09:52.

Big guild holding hands in some events is bit annoying but thats just the way things are.
    I came with 2 friends to do solo arena quest and we ended up killing anybody, including each other. One big guild came and they were holding hands, protecting each others instead of fighting.
    But hey i still had fun and will do it again.

Or place out the guards better. Sucks to not only spend hours of grinding to 80 against mobs, but also good geared players.
    Boyscout bearshaman

Like Kurt says, we need rewards for participating and runner ups. Right now there is no incentitive to participate for low level pvp players in the solo events if there are high levels of the same class present.

And we want people to wanna participate, as more people at the events makes it a whole lot more fun!

As for the handholding, thats just poor sportsmanship.
    Last edited by Sifie; 25th August 2014 at 10:29.

Ok its 100000 times worst today. Every time i hit someone guards kill me. And i noticed its happening much rare to some other classes.
    dt hit me in front of guards i hit back and they kill me and so on.
    Probably killed me 15 times in solo event.
    They seemed to be pissed at hoxes

Just wildly guessing, but I think that is due to retributive damage.
    If Viroku's proc from Burning Skull casts damage before the incoming attack of the dt, the guards would count him as the attacker.
    Nevertheless I agree with guards killing the fun of the events, been this way since day 1 when the event took place in Wildlands of Zelata and some people were always hugging the guards of Thesso.

So please FC, you removed the murder-point issue, please solve this one, too!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast