Thread: Tanking Question

Default Tanking Question

Hello All,
    I just started yesterday and made a Conqueror. I am not sure if I am missing something but are there any tanking guides posted? Also if anyone has some advice for things I should start learning early on or stats to focus I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
    ChrisGoesAFK

Read the sticky in this forum, and then post any questions you might have

I know it’s been a while from when I posted this and I have sorted it out since then.
    I had read the sticky and came to a point where the guide reads “I’m not going to cover Carnage tanking here. Maybe later if people ask for it but in my opinion the DPS gap between Carnage tanking and Brute tanking shrunk too much to really justify the loss in survivability.”
    At the time I was looking for a guide that covered both so I could see for myself what the differences are (sorry I was not clear about that). I know it says why the guide does not even cover it but I was still curious.
    Anyway thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGoesAFK View Post
    I know it’s been a while from when I posted this and I have sorted it out since then.
    I had read the sticky and came to a point where the guide reads “I’m not going to cover Carnage tanking here. Maybe later if people ask for it but in my opinion the DPS gap between Carnage tanking and Brute tanking shrunk too much to really justify the loss in survivability.”
    At the time I was looking for a guide that covered both so I could see for myself what the differences are (sorry I was not clear about that). I know it says why the guide does not even cover it but I was still curious.
    Just stick with Brute tanking. It's true up through T2 you can carnage tank and have highest aggro and more DPS but once you hit T3 and most 6man HM (you'll get destroyed in the new uc dungeons) you want to go brute... besides having a bigger sword is more fun.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGoesAFK View Post

once you have certaing amount of AA and gear you will be tanking in carnage spec in "lower tier areas" but if you happen to go to t3+ and most hm6m tanking in that spec is not an option.

the difference is big, you need the brute spec survivability.
    anyways, good Conqs always swap weapons.
    meh...