Thread: Guide to Devs - How to Fix Ranger

Default Guide to Devs - How to Fix Ranger

The ranger class was ruined 30th June 2010, by devs who were easily persuaded by the voices of a few clueless people.

Now we are left with the most pathetic, monotonous class in the game.

Every change YOU have listed on this thread

https://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=154198

UNDO THEM.

Thank you.
    Wabajack, Demonologist
    Wabbajabba, Dark Templar
    Wabbaguard, Guardian
    Mastablastaa, Ranger

I like the new combo step system, up/down etc. Salvo/Salvo/heartseeker wasn't less monotonous.

What I primarily miss is the difference between bow and crossbow. It was a great way to some change. However crossbow was much more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post
    I like the new combo step system, up/down etc. Salvo/Salvo/heartseeker wasn't less monotonous.

What I primarily miss is the difference between bow and crossbow. It was a great way to some change. However crossbow was much more powerful.
    Yeah but it's range was lower and it's cast time was longer to compensate. It was the column damage that really boosted the dps of the xbow.

I'd love to see a return to the old ranger but bow given a slight buff and melee given a buff and all cc's bar pin down and linebreaker would be melee only.

All traps removed and stupid dps boost from traps removed.
    I'd like to see pve damage of ranger up their in top 5 area not top 10 like it is currently.
    Pvp give the ranger a health tap ability for a bit of survival now there are no traps.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Quote Originally Posted by blynd View Post
    Yeah but it's range was lower and it's cast time was longer to compensate. It was the column damage that really boosted the dps of the xbow.

I'd love to see a return to the old ranger but bow given a slight buff and melee given a buff and all cc's bar pin down and linebreaker would be melee only.

All traps removed and stupid dps boost from traps removed.
    I'd like to see pve damage of ranger up their in top 5 area not top 10 like it is currently.
    Pvp give the ranger a health tap ability for a bit of survival now there are no traps.
    Removing traps is not a good idea. Ranger changing to melee for CC is a VERY obvious and slow CC. Also ranger needs CC:s fighting melee. Class is really very stationary as you can't shoot any combo steps while running.

Traps dps boost is pretty logical. You gain dps up close when you take a larger risk. And lose dps if you stay far away.

Hey, I'm for change (more fun) but we have to be realistic about it. They won't revamp the class.

lol, "every change you did during revamp, undo them".

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post

Xbow was imba..lots of damage..but on one condition ..u had to get close..U couldn't have the range u have like now...That had pros and cons..Pros-In a good supporting group when tanks engage everything in the vicinity,and mages cc and nuke...U could kill almost everybody by yourself..lots of kills..
    BUT..In a group that sucks(hide,wander around alone,no support,no ccs) They would farm u countless times..So that was kinda challenging...Bow rangers not much of a difference..as it is now..But I do miss salvo and heartseeker..think I liked it better before revamp..!!!!
    "To the Humble He gives His Grace.....From the Proud He Hides His Face"

More buff options from white hits would make ranger more fun, retain unique play style, and also prevent ranger from pre-loading combos from range. With this approach, all five directionals would contribute to an effect on the final shot, with the ranger getting to choose which two of the five to select when setting up the combo. One or two of them could be unique to the combo as is the case now (i.e. increase dot damage on deadly draw), while the others could be common to all combos. For example, a lower left could bypass shields, an upper left could increase evade, straight up could increase damage, upper right add health, etc. etc.

another thing that may help to mitigate the constant qq from pvpers, whithout having an impact on pve, would be to require at least 1 directional buff to use the "combos"...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)