Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need AA respect Option

Why delete it? Even if you picked the 'wrong' AA's, between time training and even just doing the basic dungeons, you can easily catch the others up. Deleting it to reset just leaves you even further behind.

I also find it odd someone could play for any length of time, and not realize you had picked a whole bunch of awful AA's. They are spamming it in global all the time you need the AA's and 30 seconds work on forums or just plain asking would solve the problem.

But I get what you mean attitude wise - it would be good PR as such to allow it. But I just think it's unnecessary. Selecting a few 'wrong' AA's will at worst slow you down only a short period.

If I had a fresh 80, and was unsure, the first thing I would do would be to do a little forum research and ask some questions. Not just mindlessly click AA's without being sure what they do.

NOTE: Also, you can go on Test Live and get free AA points and play with specs, as much as you want.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

You aren;t getting it. "time" is precious to a lot of people.

If you want to pvp, you gain prowess for pvp aa's, and mastery for pve. simple as that..
    Boyscout bearshaman

Quote Originally Posted by Utogi View Post
    You aren;t getting it. "time" is precious to a lot of people.
    Why are they playing an MMO then?
    A single AA point is equivalent to 18 hours of offline training, completely disregarding the gains from normal play and free subber levelups. That's not such a tragic loss if you occasionally misuse a point here and there. Confirmation would be nice though.

Last time this was brought up, the "official" dev. response was it would be technically really difficult to implement this option, which basically means it wont happen, so dont hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Ming-Ming View Post
    I don't know about a Respec Option, but from the POV as a relatively new player, it really needs a "Confirm" option...
    I agree that would be helpful. Although I can foresee people complaining about the extra effort it takes to click the confirm button each time they go to add points.

The comments about picking wrong AAs and just being a point behind are all very valid. If you screw up, go do a raid or some minis and you'll get that point you messed up.

The time issue, while I grant is important for many, just means anyone without a lot of time to play the game should be that much more careful to ask about choices or do the research to avoid 'wasting' points.

To me, a respec for the AAs is much like wanting a trainer on Tortage so regular feat trees can be respecced there. If you think about it, most people will have no more than 10 regular feat points on Tortage (at least those finishing up End Battle at 20, not the ones that return to finish all quests). If you've screwed up your first 10 feat points, you've not made any effort to study the game (or maybe you believed the people who reply in NPH to 'go all General'). And for classes like barb, conq et al which have two spec directions have failed to decide which direction you want your class to take.
    Last edited by Amabala; 18th August 2014 at 19:47.

This topic was discussed into the granite floor for the 1st year AA's came out. Funcom did their normal thing. Nothing.

Yes, a confirm button is needed. Will you get one? Nope.

Funcom loves you.

If they put in an AA respec option, it should only be purchasable from the item store for around 1000 FP.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Why are they playing an MMO then?
    A single AA point is equivalent to 18 hours of offline training, completely disregarding the gains from normal play and free subber levelups. That's not such a tragic loss if you occasionally misuse a point here and there. Confirmation would be nice though.
    an AA is like 740 hours...

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    If they put in an AA respec option, it should only be purchasable from the item store for around 1000 FP.
    this works for me...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast