Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ToS thoughts : idea discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Utogi View Post
    tried fangs on barbs, they can still get through...
    same with transmutaion, barbs can cut through it...

Just did the bubble with eye of storm, got dropped in about2 seconds..
    nothing can cut through serpent trans once its up but here is the problem. If an enemy begins his combo before you cast it it will be like you missed the cast rendering it ineffective. This is a flaw in the spell itself\ and a major reason many veteran tos opted to stop using it. 5 min cd and a 50% chance you'll fail casting it make it a pretty useless spell to someone like me but as you said im pvp 10 i can take a beating. you cant as of yet. This is why i say use it pre-emtively instead of defensively. I found when doing that before it worked very well.

Fangs offers a single target a 90% miss chance meaning there is still a 10 % hit chance so its not 100% no but it is still highly effective to thwarting melee attacks. Donot disregard this one so easily.

the thing about melee combos is once theyre finished and they land it doesnt matter if you bubble or line of sight the damage is done.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Honestly for your current rank and gear situation i would stick with this build

http://aocfeats.com/feat/tos/11c3827...927538fb838c34

It has the bubble which really is a must for a player of your caliber , it has all the aoe spells that youll need for pvp. Column lightning i have said before isnt very useful but i have since changed my mind. it is a great finisher for runners and has alot of range to it.

You definitely want thundering voice both feats for silence and snaring enemies.. Donot discount this one it not only silences casters but also breaks melee combos. so if someone is about to land a combo on you hit em with that and watch them sputter like "wtf"

and dont forget always use your default debuff spells. land the AOe curse of set targetable on a crowd before you go in. the more you debuff them the more dmg you do.

Watch your own debuffs. youll notice some classes like demos stack up those debuffs near instantly. You can strip them away with steadfast faith. it is not just a pve perk.

one point in idol of sets power is really all you need for a decent group buff centered around the totem.

Sets entrapment is great it really annoys certain classes especially when you use constriction.

If you are having trouble respeccing due to cost check the veteran vendor there are free respec potions for a few vet tokens. you should have a couple by now i would imagine.

Just don't like the bubble. I am surviving a bit better now that I runaway lol....

A really nice change to fangs of set would be if it worked on Rangers...
    Last edited by Utogi; 17th August 2014 at 20:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post

You definitely want thundering voice both feats for silence and snaring enemies.. Donot discount this one it not only silences casters but also breaks melee combos. so if someone is about to land a combo on you hit em with that and watch them sputter like "wtf"
    this is good info

Just don't like the bubble. I am surviving a bit better now that I runaway lol....

A really nice change to fangs of set would be if it worked on Rangers...
    it does work on rangers and not liking the bubble is a sentiment felt by many tos nowadays. So dont feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    it does work on rangers and not liking the bubble is a sentiment felt by many tos nowadays. So dont feel bad.
    SO if I get in range of a ranger, Fangs will negate arrows for a bit ?
    Last edited by Utogi; 17th August 2014 at 22:10.

Correct but remember its only 90% chance of miss which is high but not 100% so there is 10% chance they can still hit you. but 9 times out of ten it works fine.

Rangers have the greatest chance to break through, fangs, from what I have seen... but it is awesome landing fangs on them and they cant even KB you since it relies on landing the hit. So you void most of their damage and have a good chance of stopping a KB.

I have sat in front of barbs and melee, causally healing (not really moving) and seen them get pissed off (from fangs)... it is pretty reliable and saves me the most on sins. Great effect and cool down. If the bubble have a 2 minute cool down it would be a lot better or an "interrupt" for anyone targeting the ToS (but that wont happen).

Bubble - the worst thing is watching someone take you down seconds after casting it (such as sin bomb or ranger) and then realize you have to wait 5 mins for the next one lol. But planned offensively, it works quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Why make a thread complaining over tos viability when you can't even feat it properly.

There has been so many threads now they're all the same. Repost, repost, repost. How many times.

Build you posted it's like you don't even care. So why should we.
    Don't be harsh..He may be new..A newcomer...fresh as green shiny apple..he!he!
    "To the Humble He gives His Grace.....From the Proud He Hides His Face"

Quote Originally Posted by Mjames215 View Post
    Rangers have the greatest chance to break through, fangs, from what I have seen... but it is awesome landing fangs on them and they cant even KB you since it relies on landing the hit. So you void most of their damage and have a good chance of stopping a KB.

I have sat in front of barbs and melee, causally healing (not really moving) and seen them get pissed off (from fangs)... it is pretty reliable and saves me the most on sins. Great effect and cool down. If the bubble have a 2 minute cool down it would be a lot better or an "interrupt" for anyone targeting the ToS (but that wont happen).

Bubble - the worst thing is watching someone take you down seconds after casting it (such as sin bomb or ranger) and then realize you have to wait 5 mins for the next one lol. But planned offensively, it works quite nicely.
    I was about 10 feet infron of a ranger.. fangs failed lol

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast