Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ToS thoughts : idea discussion

Why make a thread complaining over tos viability when you can't even feat it properly.

There has been so many threads now they're all the same. Repost, repost, repost. How many times.

Build you posted it's like you don't even care. So why should we.

Is that your current build? And why would you say you don't share your builds? Is it some state secret? If you want help you need to help us help you. The build you linked looks not horrible but could use a tweak or two.

Here I created a bubble/fangs build for you. It lacks aura but you said you're not into it. Try it out

http://aocfeats.com/feat/tos/11c3827...8c343972639534
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Root cast time, ridiculously slow.
    Last edited by Utogi; 17th August 2014 at 17:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    Is that your current build? And why would you say you don't share your builds? Is it some state secret? If you want help you need to help us help you. The build you linked looks not horrible but could use a tweak or two.

Here I created a bubble/fangs build for you. It lacks aura but you said you're not into it. Try it out

http://aocfeats.com/feat/tos/11c3827...8c343972639534
    I'm pretty comfy with my current build. The bubble is like Fangs of Set, it is not a 100% resist anymore , at least for me. Barbs can cut through it , Hox's as well and rangers.. and pretty much any class.. when it does work, it just prolongs the death...

I'm trying to learn how to kite with the current build... it is just a lot more fun to play.

Feel like if I can learn with out the bubble it will be nake me a better player
    Last edited by Utogi; 17th August 2014 at 17:49.

If you want to all out burst AOE, using call lightning as the first in the rotation... try this but (a lot like Laethiel placed in another post).

http://goo.gl/k1FNm1

- use the static blood, will be even more effective with this spec and AOE up.
    - Brutal Storm is needed to make SF efficient.
    - Vital Shock still hits for 500-800, depending on target and adds an additional spell.
    - Column lightning takes too long to be efficient.
    - Idol is not bad, but with being mobile you don't need to focus too much on it and use it after target is debuffed.

Laethiel's spec for you, is unique for what you were stating, which is the most a ToS will get in "protection" from others. The main issue you will experience is the casting time of SF will be greater. If that is important to you, try this build:

http://goo.gl/oxsuDf

- Most is standard with bubble, and Aura to use since you really need Brutal Storm.
    - Storm Blood - protection from electric (ToS), good mana regen, and switch from AOE to range LS in situations.
    - Lightning Cast - allows you to instantly cast group heal (nice when kyting) and LS. Using storm blood, then lightning last (plus LS) can be using for extra quick dps.

In the end its up to you, what is your playstyle like. What spells do you use and others you don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Mjames215 View Post

http://goo.gl/oxsuDf

- Most is standard with bubble, and Aura to use since you really need Brutal Storm.
    - Storm Blood - protection from electric (ToS), good mana regen, and switch from AOE to range LS in situations.
    - Lightning Cast - allows you to instantly cast group heal (nice when kyting) and LS. Using storm blood, then lightning last (plus LS) can be using for extra quick dps.

In the end its up to you, what is your playstyle like. What spells do you use and others you don't?
    I like this idea, cause it doesnt pigeon hole into aoe or range, kind of mix which is what I;m trying for. Might try it when I get a gold peice

biggest problem I have is against barbarians, no matter what im getting pretty much one shotted...
    Last edited by Utogi; 17th August 2014 at 18:00.

You know I realize I forgot to include quick cast sf in that build. Disregard that build.

Quote Originally Posted by Utogi View Post

biggest problem I have is against barbarians, no matter what im getting pretty much one shotted...
    Fangs will help with them. And don't think of bubble as a life saving tool. Think of it as an opportunity. You put up your aoes eye of the storm. hit bubble run into the crowd and quicksand and melt faces

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    Fangs will help with them. And don't think of bubble as a life saving tool. Think of it as an opportunity. You put up your aoes eye of the storm. hit bubble run into the crowd and quicksand and melt faces
    tried fangs on barbs, they can still get through...
    same with transmutaion, barbs can cut through it...

Just did the bubble with eye of storm, got dropped in about2 seconds..
    Last edited by Utogi; 17th August 2014 at 19:01.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast