Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ToS thoughts : idea discussion

Default ToS thoughts : idea discussion

Anyone have idea on how to make the ToS viable in PVP again ?
    Feels so weak with the one survival skill "the bubble" it becomes hard to understand why other stronger classes have multiple bubbles and escapse.

I;ve found a build that is fun to play but it just isn't doing any damage to players with higher pvp rating. Though if a Necro or Demo of a lower rating then I, they are able to nuke through the magic damage buffs fairly easily.

I;ve found that the lightning output in tier 5 pvp gear almost no existent from the older days of the ToS.

For a class to have the kind of cast times the ToS has, I feel it needs better survivabilty that is on par with the rest of the class in the game.

See no AA to reduce the bubble cool down.

Cast times are ridiculously long when playing with the latency issues a lot of people are having.

Eye of the storm, pratically a useless skill.

Fang of Set to low on the Feats tree, it should be a skill or easy to feat to, this would give more survivabilty much like other classes have.

Nebthu feels weak, I feel if it's down that far on the tree it should tick harder, or tick faster.

People will not agree, but as a person who doesnt cheat, clich or hack or exploit, this how the tos feels to me.

PVP 5 gear my healing seems extremly low
    Last edited by Utogi; 17th August 2014 at 01:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Utogi View Post
    Anyone have idea on how to make the ToS viable in PVP again ?
    The TOS is fine in pvp. You just need to know how to use it. I have seen players offer you advice and you ignore it.

For a class to have the kind of cast times the ToS has, I feel it needs better survivabilty that is on par with the rest of the class in the game.
    You just need to learn to keep moving. Kite is key

See no AA to reduce the bubble cool down.
    This would be a good idea imo

Cast times are ridiculously long when playing with the latency issues a lot of people are having.
    Cast times for what spells do you consider long? I have heard you donot feat into quick cast storm field. If this is true then I think i just answered this issue.

To make this one a useful skill you must train the AA "Lull" It reduces the reuse time and snare effect making it very useful now.

Fang of Set to low on the Feats tree, it should be a skill or easy to feat to, this would give more survivabilty much like other classes have.
    Fangs is fine where it is. We don't need players whining about tos and getting us nerfed again. You just need to learn to use it. You cant have fangs and bubble/Aura. You can however have Fangs and bubble or aura.

Nebthu feels weak, I feel if it's down that far on the tree it should tick harder, or tick faster.
    I dont know why you feel this way i find aura to be quite strong when used in combination with your storm crown and storm field and your debuffs like curse of set. The key to increasing dmg output for a tos is debuffing your enemies.

People will not agree, but as a person who doesnt cheat, clich or hack or exploit, this how the tos feels to me.
    Your issue is you dont heed advice when its given you flat out ignore it even. I will give you credit for trying to learn the class that is not favored of many players. You are still low rank and low AAs i imagine. The tos takes awhile to truly shine and takes practice. It is not a faceroll class but the experience can be very rewarding for toughing it out. Now if you truly want to learn how to play your tos and unlock its full potential look me up in game and ill give you some pointers. I hate to see you get steamrolled all the time because you do have potential.

PVP 5 gear my healing seems extremly low
    Your pvp gear or any gear for that matter will not affect your healing output, some pve gear has heal rating stats on it but this only affects certain spells like celestial gaze. AA spells more or less. . We all output the same ticks per second weather you are pom tos or bs. Some classes have augment healing spells that assist them in healing and some AAs increase your durations and such. As a tos you will find yourself more often than not being on the bad end of the beatdown stick. This is why most people dont play a tos. People like to have easy street. They say playing a tos is casting storm fieled and kiting but you and i as well as every other tos out there knows this is far from true. To be a good tos you have to push yourself and be willing to take criticism. Even someone like me who has played tos since 2008 find i am still learning new things about the class and bettering how i handle it.

Why dont you link us your build here you can export it to www.aocfeats.com and link us here and maybe we can pinpoint some of your problems.

as far as AAs you should be using ill list the ones i use.

Chromatic orb - To increase magical protection
    Steadfast Faith - to remove elemental based debuffs from yourself
    Field of war - great pvp AA to increase dmg. with 5 ranks of this you'll notice higher dps

Deliverance of course a must have to break loose from CCs

Constriction - to augment your single target stun and add a snare at the end of its duration.

Lull to reduce the cd and movement snare of eye of the storm.
    Last edited by Laethiel; 17th August 2014 at 02:53.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

I dont share my builds sorry.

I looked at the test server stuff and some of that looks promising.

It is easy for someone who havs pvp 10 gear and everything to say the class is fine. Thanls for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post

Fangs is fine where it is. We don't need players whining about tos and getting us nerfed again. You just need to learn to use it. You cant have fangs and bubble/Aura. You can however have Fangs and bubble or aura.

I disagree because it is not a 100% resist. If it was a 100% resist , then I say yes keep it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post

I dont know why you feel this way i find aura to be quite strong when used in combination with your storm crown and storm field and your debuffs like curse of set. The key to increasing dmg output for a tos is debuffing your enemies.
    The first hit of it does good damage, but you only get maybe 2 or 3 ticks after that and in pvp it feels underwhelming.

If either it a small boost in damage or a better pulse rate it be a lot more useful.

Compared to other classes who feat all the way down to that last trait, you have to admit, Nebthu is like a mid level feat on any other class.... Maybe ad a debuff , something...

I love the ToS, it is the 4th greatest class I've ever played in a mmorpg.

I can promise u this is not an useless skill, used right it can give u an incredible advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyyr View Post
    I can promise u this is not an useless skill, used right it can give u an incredible advantage.
    The only thing I do with it is use it when someone drops our flag... lol other then that, most melee cut right though it and it doesnt have a magic defense buff..

The only thing I do with it is use it when someone drops our flag... lol other then that, most melee cut right though it and it doesnt have a magic defense buff..
    Would you rather just be given an " I WIN BUTTON"? Cause it seems like no matter what anyone posts here, you will continue to whine about it.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Eye of the storm is only feasible using lull, due to the recast time and mainly the snare effect. But with an aoe build, at a lower level, you may like coils better.

Aura and SF used to do more damage at the start but the damage kept getting tweaked until it is in the current state. The tos is one of the most balanced class, the problem is how strong soldiers are right now.

You have static blood when your aoe's are running, eye of the storm (an example), debuff, or coils if you don't have lull. If you prevent cc's such as using defiance before you will do a ton of damage and be pretty much untouchable; without using bubble. Coils prevents movement so it has to be timed. The lull version allows you to have movement, and cast other spells/cc's.

There is combination of spells, cc's and kiting that is involved with different situations and against different classes. If there are specific situation(s) you maybe able to get some further help.

When people ask for your spec is is not to copy it, but rather help get rid of some useless stuff, information on when to best use spells/abilities and tweaks to help your playstyle... It's not like there are that many different builds lol. And if you don't have brutal storms than you are not making SF as good as it should be.
    Last edited by Mjames215; 17th August 2014 at 15:48.

I tried static blood, and it didnt seem to do a whole a lot. I will agree the tos feels pretty "balanced" in that it is not a mega op class. It does take a lot of finnesse to get kills

I always feel if the feat is down at the bottom , it should be decent damage.

JJust not big on kiting, special since melee combos are able to hit me from 20 feet away. I can run past the melee and know I missed the there starter, and still get hit.
    Last edited by Utogi; 17th August 2014 at 17:41.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast