Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ranger's need a DPS Buff

Quote Originally Posted by Dahielm View Post
    Dear Funcom,

Rangers dps needs a good look over and buff, we are usually always lower dps compared to other DPS classes and the nerf we got awhile back was very unnecessary.

Other peoples feedback is welcomed aswell ^^
    What have you smoke ?

Rangers need nerf.

Barbarians and Sin are in the melee fight and have important risk...

Rangers do kills at distance with minimum risk...their dps is too important, they need nerf
    FURY

Quote Originally Posted by Battleaxe View Post
    What have you smoke ?

Rangers need nerf.

Rangers do kills at distance with minimum risk...their dps is too important, they need nerf
    If Rangers are nerfed further on damage, they will be the lowest damage class in game. Frenzied Guardians can do almost the same dps already. Nobody will ever care to play Ranger in PvE if they are nerfed.

What have you smoke ?

Rangers need nerf.
    PVP is not the only part of AOC, Battleaxe.

On the pve side, most raidleader tell us they dont really need ranger because of their low dps, and prefer to take one more necro/demo/sin/barb/tos/dt ....
    Its the purpose of this post.
    On the pvp side, it s curious that you always ask for ranger nerf and never tells about necro, demo which are ranged class too and with far more dps.
    Some necro are even able to kill you from the deathside (with dot), several minutes after you killed them.

Stop with the "Ranger bashing", please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysse-Ithaque View Post
    PVP is not the only part of AOC, Battleaxe.

On the pve side, most raidleader tell us they dont really need ranger because of their low dps, and prefer to take one more necro/demo/sin/barb/tos/dt ....
    Its the purpose of this post.
    On the pvp side, it s curious that you always ask for ranger nerf and never tells about necro, demo which are ranged class too and with far more dps.
    Some necro are even able to kill you from the deathside (with dot), several minutes after you killed them.

Stop with the "Ranger bashing", please.
    In PvE good ranger in a correctly organized group (it needs +% weapon damage buff) can perform very nice DPS, and is useful to the raid because of some nice DPS buff.

In PvP ranger is insane.
    Demo and Necro can get more kills mostly because of AoE, and some particular mechanic (spreading dots, bombs etc).
    But ranger is not weaker then casters (Medium armor, speed, crazy long range CCs etc etc), probably the opposite.
    And more important, range single target DPS is insane on clothies.
    On my full PvP T3 sin with survivability accessories some DPS geared ranger can take next to half my HP with one buffed combo (if that happens together with a 30 meters kb is 100% death).

My point of view is this: ranger would probably need a complete redesign, because it is very boring, both in PvE and in PvP to me.
    But in current state, it does NOT need a DPS buff.
    It is on the ok side in PvE (though indeed there are better DPS classes) and in the high DPS side in PvP.

Out of topic: ranger QQ and "it's too high!" / "nor it's too low!" have lasted forever, always the same (just a bit less PvP QQ after TTS and Exhausted Traps have been fixed).
    We really don't have anything to discuss anymore in this game
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 21st April 2015 at 10:25.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

DPS = sustained damage. Burst = compressed damage.
    Ranger is pretty good at second due to the stupid mechanics of molted advantages + related heavy dots.

But for sustained dps, it's harder to manage regularly high scores on multiples encounters due to external factors (group buffs as said before, shield sides)
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

The biggest problem with ranger dps in PvE is imo that most rangers you'll meet don't know how to dps properly on a ranger. 1300-1800 is a very realistic range with full khitai, and if you do that I'd say it's unlikely that someone feels you're there only to make sure loot doesn't go to rot^^
    But as someone said earlier in the thread, once you have tanks that can hold aggro against "anything", then the other dps classes usually have a higher max potensial.

I do die a little on the inside every time I see rangers use Pin Down on Entity. And that kind of **** is just way too common. Not sure if people even bother to check what the buttons they are pushing actually does sometimes

So is a Ranger, 'thanks' to Master Trapper.

I have done plenty of DPS on my ranger, and it's not even fully K6. Once you realize that you need to take advantage of other people's melee buffs and time them with your own (master trapper for example), and use the right attacks, you will find Rangers do pretty nice PvE DPS, but it's something you have to be smart about. You can't just use whatever without any logic like some other classes and come out on top, you have to actually think about it and watch for buffs/debuffs and time your burst to make it work.

Most classes can DPS better, but then again most classes can simply button mash anything and with enough gear still do more DPS without working for it. Seeing what Ranger beats out those classes on a parse just shows who really does not hold their weight.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I have done plenty of DPS on my ranger, and it's not even fully K6. Once you realize that you need to take advantage of other people's melee buffs and time them with your own (master trapper for example), and use the right attacks, you will find Rangers do pretty nice PvE DPS, but it's something you have to be smart about. You can't just use whatever without any logic like some other classes and come out on top, you have to actually think about it and watch for buffs/debuffs and time your burst to make it work.

Most classes can DPS better, but then again most classes can simply button mash anything and with enough gear still do more DPS without working for it. Seeing what Ranger beats out those classes on a parse just shows who really does not hold their weight.
    You make the Ranger sound like a complicated class. It's not. And it's too sluggish to time anything really.. Up+Down Deadly Draw, Up+Down Penetrating Shot. If more than one target, hit the back one with Penetrating Shot. Traps when the last one you used at 27 seconds to keep the buff always up. Spam Shattering Attack and Fire Attack. Cycle Marked Target / For Death.

Any elaboration to how increase dps beyond what I wrote there is appreciated. "Timing" it with group buffs become nearly impossible, if you're trying to keep track of those tiny icons on top of your screen, there's probably some other stuff you should pay attention to that you'd miss most likely...

Using this build on my PvE ranger, not sure where I could squeeze more dps out of it.. http://goo.gl/d0ZMJx
    Last edited by Shax84; 21st April 2015 at 21:23.

Fancy footwork has such great potential as a feat .. too bad it doesnt procc that often...did a bunch of 6mans with it i think it procced 7 times in 30 minutes

It would be a great move if funcom, instead of ninja nerfing rangers every so often, gave this feat some true love

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast