Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ranger's need a DPS Buff

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post

Using this build on my PvE ranger, not sure where I could squeeze more dps out of it.. http://goo.gl/d0ZMJx
    Def an odd build. No eagle eye or precision. I pull a ton of hate so I spec negative hate in both trees.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

You make the Ranger sound like a complicated class. It's not. And it's too sluggish to time anything really.. Up+Down Deadly Draw, Up+Down Penetrating Shot. If more than one target, hit the back one with Penetrating Shot. Traps when the last one you used at 27 seconds to keep the buff always up. Spam Shattering Attack and Fire Attack. Cycle Marked Target / For Death.

Any elaboration to how increase dps beyond what I wrote there is appreciated. "Timing" it with group buffs become nearly impossible, if you're trying to keep track of those tiny icons on top of your screen, there's probably some other stuff you should pay attention to that you'd miss most likely...

Using this build on my PvE ranger, not sure where I could squeeze more dps out of it.. http://goo.gl/d0ZMJx
    It's the most simple of all classes, you only have 2 white hits and 3 real attacks. However, people play so poorly I am sure having to think of what attack to use next is hard mode for some that simply button mash whatever and let their gear do the work for them. In case of icons, I play on a 48' screen tv, it's very easy to see all those icons, since it will show up in your group icons on who used it as well. You see someone's buff bar jump 2-5 extra buffs, you know they used something. I know some can't pay attention to that on most classes, but it's a ranger, you literally only do 4-5 things to press every 30 seconds, how can you not.

And BTW, I hate the ranger class, it's the most ridiculous class in the game with the worst combat mechanics and play style.
    Last edited by Suctum; 22nd April 2015 at 02:32.
    Doomsayer 2008

Cool Poor OP Demo

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    It's the most simple of all classes, you only have 2 white hits and 3 real attacks. However, people play so poorly I am sure having to think of what attack to use next is hard mode for some that simply button mash whatever and let their gear do the work for them. In case of icons, I play on a 48' screen tv, it's very easy to see all those icons, since it will show up in your group icons on who used it as well. You see someone's buff bar jump 2-5 extra buffs, you know they used something. I know some can't pay attention to that on most classes, but it's a ranger, you literally only do 4-5 things to press every 30 seconds, how can you not.

And BTW, I hate the ranger class, it's the most ridiculous class in the game with the worst combat mechanics and play style.
    You hate rangers cause they are the biggest threat to u as an OP Demo

Quote Originally Posted by jarrust View Post
    You hate rangers cause they are the biggest threat to u as an OP Demo
    No, I hate rangers because they have the worst play style(for me), fewest needed keybinds, and a range check that should have been fixed 4 years ago. Also, they only have like 5 "combos" if you can call them that. I liked the class a lot more when it had actual combos, and before the 2.0 changes. I don't like how they divided the feats as well, and fundamentally the class needs work from the ground up. Does the class cater to bad players who just over gear themselves and score kills without any effort, sure. However, there are many classes like that, I just think the way the ranger mechanics work, especially "combos" should be reworked.

That line of thinking is relevant to this post because they have made poor decisions on abilities which contribute to some of the limited PvE DPS potential because of how these abilities affected PvP.
    Last edited by Suctum; 22nd April 2015 at 11:36.
    Doomsayer 2008

I remember rangers rewamp and how many hates was.
    Hiella (hox) from RCorp wrote an whole article on the forum - The rangers must nerfed..

And where is this Hiella? Not playing 5 years..

Ok the rangers was nerfed and nerfed again

And the last nerf (ninja fix) was its around 1,5 month ago

What I've noticed - if the target is obstructed by at least 50%, by stone or mound, combo is not working
    I.e. I can't shoot target in the chest or in the head, I need to see the whole purpose of that was not there before.
    Reduced the angle of attack i.e. if you stand in the center of the map toward the enemy rez ( in HV and not only) combo is not working although the entire target can be seen here allegedly the corner of the wall prevents.
    That's it

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Def an odd build. No eagle eye or precision. I pull a ton of hate so I spec negative hate in both trees.
    Why would I want 5 meter range for 5 points in a PvE build? Need to hug mobs anyway for trap rotation to be effective.

Do you have any insight of how penetration rating works?

I would really like to see a complete revamp of this class, back to combos and different weapon types, just like other classes. The most stupid thing I will never understand is that FC made crossbow and bow like the same... the animation of crossbows are just too fast, don't look real. They need to seperate these types of weapons again to make this class fun again because right now its really just stupid.

Just look at the feat tree:

Most feats you will need to build a good spec are just +DPS increasements to combos / DoTs or lowering the cooldwon of them. Many other feats are very useless:

Fancy Footwork is activating not very often because the bosses nowdays in higher tier raids or instances have too high hitrating, evading is very rare unless you got a ToS / BS in your group with fangs or bewilder.

Master Trapper forces rangers to stand near the target with a ranged weapon.

So many anti hate feats that are not needed: Stealthy strikes, furtive attacks and Misdirection (in Misdirection you can even spend 5 points!). I never really saw a ranger puling aggro of a boss if the tank atleast knew how to use irritate or other aggro tools...

Recuperation, 5 points for stamina mana and energie regeneration, I never saw a ranger spending points into that feat, stamina regeneration is almost useless nowdays (due to sprinting revamp) and 5 points are just too much, they are needed in other feats to do decent DPS in most fights.

Pitch Pot... really who of FC thought that this feat would be good? hits 3 or 4 times with lower DMG of a white hit with the same speed...

Meele combos: Again, just increase +DPS on combos and lower cooldown, 2 additional combo, Immolation, which fears the target but gives it an insane speedbuff which makes it almost impossible to hit while using a sword and shield bash which is OK.

Swift Stride: 3% Movement, the AA rogue feat gives you 5% and you don't need to spend limited feat points that are needed at other places in the feat tree.

Adaptabillity and Double Attack, they are just a space filler because they didn't knew what to put there... 10% chance on additional upper or lower attack buff... nice, you really have to look the whole time at your buffs to react fast enough to not do the additional upper / lower attack by yourself.

Well, this class really needs the revamp, I can't say much about PvP but I think rangers will be very annoying because of their huge amount of range + CCs + burst damage. FC needs to make this class fun again, add the difference between the weapon types, and maybe make meele combat fun by adding more REAL combos (not those instants).

Why would I want 5 meter range for 5 points in a PvE build?
    because sometimes you need it... have you ever been the meteor taker on zodiac? or one of those that need to pass the parasite during the teleport on the bat? or kiting the devouring pact on emperor?
    of course there are more cases where it's not needed, but inner focus is just worthless...

there is more than that, but it's not the right topic... anyway Halfdead is right... it's an odd build...

to get back to the topic, at the moment the dps graph of the ranger is probably the one that has more spikes, because almost all the buffs are just temporary. it is a problem, because in pvp it makes the class op and, at the same time, it makes the class a bit lame in pve, especially when it's possible to do constant dps and aggro is not a problem. also the dependency on master trapper is awfully annoying, because it's forcing to stay very close to the target.

they tried to change it a bit with the t5 set bonus (increase the duration of focused fire duration), but they just brought from 10 seconds to 15... seriously??

imo, they should revert from advantages to stances, and give some constant weapon damage bonus, like the old sniper stance...
    of course it would mean to have to change several things around the trees, like rending strikes and furtive attacks, that would not work the same way with stances...

the problem is that it would probably be quite a lot of work, and i guess the devs are not so willing to do it....
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

bring the old combo ranger back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribuuu View Post
    bring the old combo ranger back.
    Smartest suggested fix yet.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234