Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You need to fix basic things

Thumbs down You need to fix basic things

I came back to the game planning to resub after checking out if everything is okay. I am playing with a different setup then before so I needed to change keybinds. This turned out to be a MAJOR problem.
    At first keybinds were saved, but then I needed additional changes that never saved, and after many attempts and about 3 hours flushed down the toilet, the game finally refused to load. At all. I reckon if I had a few spare days I could figure out what is wrong. But I don't.

Fix your game.

Ofc, I am not resubbing, gonna play something that works. Maybe in a few months.

I don't know if this works for keybinds too but it helps by saving your HUD settings:

After you set up all you keybinds, just delete all chat tabs and relog once. I can't promise that it will save your setting but you could try it atleast.

Thank you for the tip.

After four more hours I was able to get to the state I want.

Deleting tabs didn't help. I had to use two 3rd party programs in conjunction to fix it. And it certainly wasn't fast or smooth. I hope this never happens again.

You tell them to fix basic things but you don't explain what needs to be fixed. Maybe explain what you wanted to do other than keybinds or maybe I read it wrong lol.

Saving chat settings and keybinds is buggy for years and years now. I experienced again yesterday when I logged with a friend's account and had to remap some keybinds to be able to play with his toons. The game doesent save those after logout and i have to remap them every time i log back in.

We should get more respect from those people after all these years of loyalty.
    Last edited by chrisrnr; 16th August 2014 at 11:55.
    "A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs." Robert E. Howard

Skullcrash - Conqueror

Guild renown being fixed would be nice. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    You tell them to fix basic things but you don't explain what needs to be fixed. Maybe explain what you wanted to do other than keybinds or maybe I read it wrong lol.
    I explained what needs to be fixed in the opening post. Settings won't save.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrnr
    Saving chat settings and keybinds is buggy for years and years now. I experienced again yesterday when I logged with a friend's account and had to remap some keybinds to be able to play with his toons. The game doesent save those after logout and i have to remap them every time i log back in.
    That was my problem too. Later on in the process I realized my quickbar position and ability placement were bugged too. Sometimes the game saved keybinds but didn't save quickbars, other times the abilites were in the right place but keybinds were from settings used some ten relogs earlier.

Scaeve's program fixes the issue with saving settings - link.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    Scaeve's program fixes the issue with saving settings - link.
    It fixes nothing. It is a work around.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    It fixes nothing. It is a work around.
    Well, I no longer have the issue.

But, suit yourself. Don't use it. I'll just be over here having no issues with it and enjoying the game
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast