Thread: Krakensbane gems

Default Krakensbane gems

Hi, What would be the best choice for krakensbane's gems plz ?

I think
    +4 range for green
    +41 crit for white
    but yellow ?

http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Gems

Take a look. Find a yellow gem of a level that will fit in the weapon and that you can see some use out of.

For yellow gems Id go either the combat rating holy gem or the -hate or the devine benedition gem.
    Id only do the - hate if i found i was pulling alot and dying. Id try combat rating holy 1 1st and if i didnt like it well the gem removal potions are cheap off the trader. Remove it and try agian.

Krakensbane already has +5 range so dont put another range gem in it. You need to be in close anyhow to drop your traps. Plus i dont think the range stacks. Even if it did would it be worth it ?

For Green gems Id put the Dex gem as dex is primary stat for ranger,or the combat rating crossbow. The later would probably give you more dps.

Crit rating gem is only white gem worth using unless your hit rating is low. But being t3 i cant see that being much of an issue.
    Last edited by Aylis; 14th August 2014 at 09:49.

White slot : crit chance
    Green slot : combat rating (electricity)
    Yellow slot : combat rating (holy)

I'd go for elemental/spiritual combat rating anytime simply because so many encounters out there have much lower protection than armor.

Thx for your answer

do you mean that range is limited to +5 and then that it is useless to add +4 ?

so for green +20 dex, whithe +41 crit,
    and yellow why not +100 combat rating (holy) ?

the range stacks and sometimes it helps to have +9 range...

for example, on bat of nergal, if you are passing the parasite during the transposition...
    but of course, you can just use snaketongue with green gem until the 1st dps window and then change, so it's not mandatory...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

You could go for the combat rating holy. Just a matter of preference. Again theres nothing wrong with trying 1 type of gem out and if you dont like it or learn its not fitting with your playstyle just remove it using the tainted alkest potions.