Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No way to get better except feed.

Default No way to get better except feed.

So a friend and I wanted to meet up and duel one another in-game to get used to dueling a person from another class, with breaks in between to explain to each other how to watch out for our cc's, refine our feats, and such, since we're both really new/bad at PvP. However, we're in a low-rank guild, have no interest in going to a high rank guild just for dueling when we're happy in all other aspects with our guild. This means no Khemi dueling arena.

So we go to Stygian Border Kingdoms. But unfortunately there's no way that I know of to be able to fight someone within your own guild, even in the Border Kingdoms. So I voluntarily left the guild so we could duel for a bit. When that was done, I wanted to rejoin the guild. Guess what? 48 hour cooldown between leaving and rejoining same guild.

On top of that, dueling in Border Kingdoms isn't optimal. I remember in the older days trying to duel non-guildies in the Border Kingdoms, and having high-level PvPers jumping us and camping us at the pad until we logged or something. It's demeaning and rubs it in our faces that we're just bad PvPers who have no place being in PvP.

Funcom, unless there's going to be an easier way for us non-PvPers with any mild interest in PvP to be able to practice in a friendly manner, your PvP is gonna keep dying. Not all of us players want to involve ourselves in Fury, subject ourselves to Minis against high-levels 24/7, or risk being stuck in the Border Kingdoms at rez pads just to be able to dabble a bit in a little friendly dueling and try to get better.

At LEAST open up some dueling zone like Khemi arena somewhere where all players can set up and have some practice without being restricted by the need to be in a big guild.

There is a Arena in Kheshatta which can be entered by everyone (Guild rank isn't required but pls anyone correct me if I am wrong with that) who is in your group. You can do duels in groups or just 1 vs. 1 duels.

Yeah the building to the left as you approach Thoths main staircase is the place to go......we used to use it while waiting for peeps to turn up for raids and do 4v4 etc

Map Co-ods X 765 Y 638
    Last edited by stalkerfan; 14th August 2014 at 00:13.
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

There's also the Khemi arena, just up the stairs to the left side of the trader post. You can also duel in there, regardless of your guild (last time I checked).

Did not know about Keshatta, will check it out.

Before, Khemi arena was guild restricted to certain renown levels, I'll have to check if it's changed. I haven't been there since I came back since I'm currently in a guild that didn't meet the old requirements. Will keep posted.

Khemi arena demands renown 5 for entry
    Kheshatta arena 15, I believe.

Best option is in my experience to borrow arenas from other guilds i.e. have an alt in a big guild and clear it with the guild leader.

You get a cultural retreat (Feast Hall/Council Forum) on renown lvl 6 which is located under your city keep. You can also duel there but the area is not too big.

You can also make/join an other guild to reset the 48h timer on your guild. I think it still works.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    There is a Arena in Kheshatta which can be entered by everyone (Guild rank isn't required but pls anyone correct me if I am wrong with that) who is in your group. You can do duels in groups or just 1 vs. 1 duels.
    Years ago you needed to be in guild with renown 5+ for that arena too. Might have changed, but i doubt it.

If you want friendly duels without interruption, you can always go to an instance with a resspoint and disband group in there, too. But this does not solve the chat/guild issue.

If you find 11 others and get lucky and not crash, you can use the tournament mini queue for practice too.

But basically you are right, i see no way to practice without being attacked or having to grind too. And the learning curve in situations of 1-3 low pvp levels vs 3-9 high pvp levels is not existant. It would be a good suggestion to scrap the renown restrictions that limit access altogether, especially since renown has been bugged for over a year now.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 14th August 2014 at 06:38.

Hi,

if you don't want to join a guild which has been around long enough to grind the renown rank you could ask around in global if someone of such a guild could invite you to group and take you to the arena you want.

On the other hand you might really want to try finding a total of 12 people, maybe from your guild, form a raid and have the group leaders sign up for tournament mode. For some extra-fun put everyone on teamspeak/vent.

My exp with PvPing with a group of 12 die-hard PvE'ers from the same guild is: the less people have in pvp experience, the more fun it is actually. That's not because they'd be so easy to kill then, but because they will try out simply everything their char offers and have fun while doing it. Plus they won't fall into nerd-rage as soon as they die or lose.
    To have them all on teamspeak/vent makes it even more hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post

My exp with PvPing with a group of 12 die-hard PvE'ers from the same guild is: the less people have in pvp experience, the more fun it is actually. That's not because they'd be so easy to kill then, but because they will try out simply everything their char offers and have fun while doing it. Plus they won't fall into nerd-rage as soon as they die or lose.
    To have them all on teamspeak/vent makes it even more hilarious.
    Tsss you've just never played with some nice PvPers
    ... and was lucky enough to find PvErs that didn't stop after a few minuts because "this made no sense!"

Back to topic: If you leave your guild for a duel, join an other guild and leave it too, then you'll be able to join your initial guild again.
    I know... it's an exploit, but the guild timer thing was implemented to try fix a Bori exploit. Since Bori's mechanics have evolved and guild hoping is a none factor again... the timer should have been removed aswell. So i don't feel bad ... and hope i won't get banned ^^
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast