Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there resources for class/role stat weights?

Default Are there resources for class/role stat weights?

I am getting closer to having a level 80 toon, and my question is: are there any places that list stat weights for the different classes and the roles they can fill? Are there any soft/hard caps? I am particularly interested in the Conqueror. I put this in raiding since raiders are the ones who would be most likely to use this information the most. Any help is appreciated. Thank You.

Not quite sure what you are asking. But this website is probably the most helpful.

http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

There is no limits on the Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom and Constitution for various roles. Soldier archetypes plus Barbarians should go for strength gear, Mages for intelligence, Priests for Wisdom, Assassin and Ranger for Dexterity. Constitution benefits all classes and in certain encounters you need higher health to not die from aoe spells or other direct damage spells.

The roles a character can fill in this game is:

DPS: Everyone can be a DPS if having offensive stats on gear and a build made for doing damage.

Tanking: Guardian, Dark Templar, Conqueror can all maintank all encounters in the game.

Healing: There are three classes with healing capabilities, Priest of Mitra, Tempest of Set and Bear Shaman. However, Age of Conan have no such thing as a pure healer class, and all healers are contributing to dps in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Not quite sure what you are asking. But this website is probably the most helpful.

http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php
    I'll use some examples from Elitist Jerks for Death Knights in WoW to show you what I mean.

Two Handed Stat Priority
    Strength > Yellow Hit to Cap = Expertise to Cap > Crit > Mastery >= Haste

Specific Stat Weights

Stat / 580 DW / 580 2H
    Strength/ 7.77 / 6.46
    Yellow Hit/ 13.34 / 9.39
    Expertise/ 13.26 / 9.37
    Haste / 3.43 / 3.39
    Mastery / 5.21 / 3.65
    Crit / 4.41 / 4.27
    Hit Over Yellow/ 2.97 / -
    Last edited by NorseSig; 14th August 2014 at 07:24. Reason: make things easier to read.

You are really only asking for what to look after in a good weapon?

In that case, Conquerors need quite a few stats. These are among the best Conqueror tanking weapons in the game.

http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...e_of_steel.jpg

http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...hite_tiger.jpg (mainhand)

http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...k_tortoise.jpg (offhand)

You want high base dps on the weapon. The Conq has several buffs that improves Weapon damage by a %. Highest base dps weapon in main hand when you use 1H weapons. Next thing to look for is Strength, that improves armor, damage and also stamina. Hit rating is important, if you have too low, you'll miss a lot of combos. Hate increase is useful but not a must. 36 hate rating is 1% hate, and 1% hate can hold around 3% more dps than you generate yourself (I think...). Then you got the other stats like Crit rating, crit damage which improves your damage and therefor agro. Constitution improves your survivability by adding to your health pool. Aim at 12-13k health or more for tanking.
    Last edited by Shax84; 14th August 2014 at 10:49. Reason: bear shaman (priest) should NOT go for wisdom, strength (+usual )and heal rating it is for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    There is no limits on the Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom and Constitution for various roles. Soldier archetypes plus Barbarians should go for strength gear, Mages for intelligence, Priests for Wisdom, Assassin and Ranger for Dexterity. Constitution benefits all classes and in certain encounters you need higher health to not die from aoe spells or other direct damage spells.
    Just before some newbie quotes you on this

bear shaman (priest) should NOT go for wisdom, strength (+usual )and heal rating it is for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    Just before some newbie quotes you on this

bear shaman (priest) should NOT go for wisdom, strength (+usual )and heal rating it is for him.
    Yeah thanks! Went a bit fast through there..

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    You are really only asking for what to look after in a good weapon?

In that case, Conquerors need quite a few stats. These are among the best Conqueror tanking weapons in the game.

http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...e_of_steel.jpg

http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...hite_tiger.jpg (mainhand)

http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...k_tortoise.jpg (offhand)

You want high base dps on the weapon. The Conq has several buffs that improves Weapon damage by a %. Highest base dps weapon in main hand when you use 1H weapons. Next thing to look for is Strength, that improves armor, damage and also stamina. Hit rating is important, if you have too low, you'll miss a lot of combos. Hate increase is useful but not a must. 36 hate rating is 1% hate, and 1% hate can hold around 3% more dps than you generate yourself (I think...). Then you got the other stats like Crit rating, crit damage which improves your damage and therefor agro. Constitution improves your survivability by adding to your health pool. Aim at 12-13k health or more for tanking.
    What I am looking for is something that tells me exactly how important each stat is and if it is a stat with diminishing returns at what point should a person stop hunting for equipment with those stats. For example, say you want to optimize your hit rating but it has diminishing returns. At what point do you stop stacking hit to optimize damage ect. At what point do you stop stacking hit if all you need is to hit reliably. The same with other stats do they have diminishing returns? At what point do you stop stacking them. I understand there is no cap on base stats, but are base stats better than certain secondary stats. How much of each secondary stat do you stack. Im essentially looking for the math that tells me ok this stat is more important to you than that one this is by how much, you want so much of this stat, but not much more. I'm looking for information so I can try optimizing things like DPS and survivability. This is where things like stat weights come in they give you an idea of how important a given stat is to you so you can properly equip them. It all boils down to maximizing the effectiveness of your toon for his/her given role by figuring out what the toon needs and how much of it as well as what the best in slot item is for that toon in the role they fill. THAT is what I'm looking for. Thank You for your help, and I apologize for not being clearer. Hopefully I explained things better this time.

I don't think anybody has worked out exactly how important each stat is relative to each other. Exactly which stats you want depends greatly on what role you have and to some extent on how you are traited. It also partly depends on which enemies you are facing.

For example a Conqueror who is acting as tank would probably want some +Hate gear to help maintain aggro, while the same character in a DPS role would not want any extra hate.

Quote Originally Posted by NorseSig View Post
    I am getting closer to having a level 80 toon, and my question is: are there any places that list stat weights for the different classes and the roles they can fill? Are there any soft/hard caps? I am particularly interested in the Conqueror. I put this in raiding since raiders are the ones who would be most likely to use this information the most. Any help is appreciated. Thank You.
    Hit rating is really the only stat that has a soft cap to reach before you will be effective in end-game dungeons/raids. There aren't softcaps for any other stat in the game. But obviously, the higher the stats, the more DPS you'll do. After that, it should be pretty self explanatory. Strength for Barbs/HoX/Soldiers/BS, Intelligence for mages, Dexterity for Sin/Ranger and Wisdom for ToS/PoM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast