Thread: Which Tanking Faction Gear DT?

Default Which Tanking Faction Gear DT?

Hi guys,

at the moment my gear is the following (which is mainly dps)

T2 Helm
    Necklace of the Thousand Souls (126 armour, +50 cons, +202 Protection)
    T2 Wrist
    Wolves Shoulders
    Dreamers Keepsake Rings x2 +mag dmg
    Wolves Belt
    T2 Hands
    T2 Legs
    Tigers Chest
    T2 Shield
    Sirocco's Lamenent (sword) which is nice damage + with the +prot)

for now i'm 100% happy with this solo and DPS is great.

but I also want to try to start with gear for a tank build for HM's etc

I have 1030 MoA and after looking at the "differences" VIA the current gear on things like Last Legion, i'm thinking the actual differences in stats if I purchase LL armour with +hate etc seems not to out-weigh the amount I have to spend just for a slighly better armour than I currently have (if that makes sense)

for example, if I get LL Legs in comparison to the T2 legs im only gaining +30 armour, 3 str, 10 cons and 358 Critication +36 hate. so im thinking for all that grinding of MoA recently it's not a optimal upgrade really. I'm looking to get the best I can for my money if that makes sense.

I'm also looking for advice for a new cloak, as I think the one I have is not that great and this may be a good option.

Also which rings would be best, milestones is taking me a while to get so I don't think I`ll have that reward for a week or so yet (if I concentrate on that particular quest)

any advice would be appreciated as I would like to start soon as being able to main tank some bosses in Khitai.

thanks again

Zorg.

T2 gear dont have critigation on it, and it will be hard to MT khitai hardmodes without faction gear with critigation. The critical hits from bosses will crush you. Thats the biggest problem with old world raid gear.

There must be many thread about it but here is what you want from khitan factions :

Last legion plate hate set
    - Helmet (or the helmet from ardashir fort)
    - Legs
    - wrists
    - shoulders

Wolves plate set
    - boots
    - belt

Tiger heavy set
    - gloves
    - chest, you already have it so you're sorted on that matter

Weapon : blossoming death from the yellow priests (or ibis, or if you're starting the blue crafted 1HB with crit on it with a blue gem slot, can't remember the name. you can also get the flawless edge, blue crafted weapon too)

Shield : essence of courage from yag, or anything with crit

Necklace : tanking one from hyrkanaians or any physical/magical dps necklace

Rings : you're sorted with the dreamer's keepsake, but get the death ward too from the brittle blades, and 1 physical ring with strength and crit wouldn't hurt when you need the extra bit of armor.

Cape : from vile nativity, you want the strength one, plus the hate/con one, plus the wisdom one

N.B. : forget t1/2 DT armors, they're totally obsolete and barely fit the class anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Andistoteles View Post
    T2 gear dont have critigation on it, and it will be hard to MT khitai hardmodes without faction gear with critigation. The critical hits from bosses will crush you. Thats the biggest problem with old world raid gear.
    You are confusing him.
    Critigation is not really the most important stat he should look for to tank Kithai HardModes, only a few instances have bosses which crit a lot.

I see most of his parts are T2.
    He is completely ignoring the importance of Crit Rating for a DT (because of Void of Madness).
    T2 set has no Crit Rating at all.
    This set was released before the introduction of AA and Kithai, and its statss are really outdated on many parts.

LL hate helm and legs are an huge upgrade over T2 corresponding parts, because of the nice amount of Crit Rating.
    Actually these parts have both Crit Rating and Hate Increase, which is the best mix to max aggro on DT.

Your goal should be to get a Mitigation value of 51%+ (that is enough for Kithai HMs).
    Over this value (which you can reach pretty easy with the right feats from General tree) you should look for Crit Rating.

So look also for Tiger's Hands from Pillars of Heaven.

You already have the right chest (Tiger Chest is the best faction chest, for tanking aswell).

Wristl, Shoulder, Belt, Boots can't have Crit Rating (Funcom has never released so far any of these parts with Crit Rating).
    On these parts anyway you can look for Hate Increase and Critical Damage Rating (this last is another good stats, but comes after Crit Rating and Hate Increase).
    So the other parts you can aim for are LL hate Shoulders and Wristl, and Wolf Boots and Belt.
    If you don't want to farm Wolves rank 4 just get LL boots, that's not a too big loss.

Cape: None of the kithai capes is really awesome for tanking.. the one with hate increase is not bad but better you save rares and try to get one cloack with Strength from Vile Nativity; better both and eventually even the one with Wisdom .

Rings and Necks: rings must have Crit Rating, and Neck should have some DPS stat aswell (which include Strength, since 1 STR = 3 Combat Rating).
    Remember that all you have to do is meet the mitigation threshold which is about 51% for Kithai HMs.
    Above that you can sacrify some armor for some Magic Damage (or Wisdom), butt Strength and Combat Rating work aswell for some DPS and thus aggro.
    DT is really dependant on DPS for aggro.

Weapon should have Crit Rating aswell, so try to get Blossoming Death blunt from Yun Faction, or Ibis.

Blue Shield from Enigma of Yag is another nice upgrade.

I hope all this helps.
    Have fun and enjoy Kithai instances.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 12th August 2014 at 18:27.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Once you have some crit rating items get the blue talisman from Yag or (better) the talisman from Scarlet Circle. Then get a good tali-tank-spec (better several ones). With sufficient gear you can tank even T4 with talisman only.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    There must be many thread about it but here is what you want from khitan factions :

Last legion plate hate set
    - Helmet (or the helmet from ardashir fort)
    - Legs
    - wrists
    - shoulders

Wolves plate set
    - boots
    - belt

Tiger heavy set
    - gloves
    - chest, you already have it so you're sorted on that matter

Weapon : blossoming death from the yellow priests (or ibis, or if you're starting the blue crafted 1HB with crit on it with a blue gem slot, can't remember the name. you can also get the flawless edge, blue crafted weapon too)

Shield : essence of courage from yag, or anything with crit

Necklace : tanking one from hyrkanaians or any physical/magical dps necklace

Rings : you're sorted with the dreamer's keepsake, but get the death ward too from the brittle blades, and 1 physical ring with strength and crit wouldn't hurt when you need the extra bit of armor.

Cape : from vile nativity, you want the strength one, plus the hate/con one, plus the wisdom one

N.B. : forget t1/2 DT armors, they're totally obsolete and barely fit the class anymore.
    All of this, except I prefer the Black Pharaoh gloves over the Tigers gloves. Less combat rating (200 less, I believe), but more con, crit, hit and armor via strength + being full plate.

Most of the Unchained epic pieces destroy Khitai. The wrists are especially easy to get as they have a reasonable drop rate from blue boxes there.

Read Sidars guide. All you need to know about gear and builds there.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.