Thread: Comparing Brittle Blade and Scarlet Circle

Default Comparing Brittle Blade and Scarlet Circle

I am likely not the first demonologist in this situation, but after having farmed the Khitai 6-mans for a while I have now ground my Brittle Blade faction reputation to rank 4 and amassed enough Rare relics to purchase head and chest, so finally the time has come to pick. My initial goal was to go for the full Brittle Blade set, but recently I have started to wonder whether sprinkling in a few Scarlet Circle pieces might be worth it, and hence would like to start an in-depth discussion. Mind you this is for group PVE with the intention to eventually go T3/T4.

The hard numbers first, listing for each piece the delta the Scarlet Circle item has relative to the Brittle Blade one, so a positive value means the Scarlet Circle item is better in that stat.
    HTML Code:
             Damage  Crit  Crit Damage  Hit  Mana  Manareg  -Hate  Con  Prot
    Belt      -2            -6/-12      -55  204   6.2               2  30  /50   
    Chest      6.8   -50    -6/-14.6     -1  155   5.0             - 4  21.5/50              
    Feet       6            -5/-12.5    -55  177   5.5                  25  /50
    Hands      8.4   -15     0/- 5.4    -55  215   6.5             - 2  32  /50
    Head       8.8   -15     0/- 7.8    -15  174   5.4             -13  24  /50
    Legs       7     - 5    -1/- 8.5    -47  183   5.5             - 3  25  /50
    Shoulder  25             0/- 5.3    -55  215   6.5      -30      4  32.5/50
    Wrist      5             0/- 5.3    -15  226   6.5      -30      1  32.5/50

For critical damage rating the first number is the unmodified difference, while the second one assumes Will of the Sublime Rank 5 is slotted.
    For protection the first value is against Fire, Cold and Electrical damage (where Intelligence also offers protection) while the second one is against all others.

The emerging trend is quite clear. Scarlet Circle offers slightly higher base damage, but lower secondary damage stats. This is most glaring with hit rating. In turn Scarlet Cirlce gives a bigger mana pool and mana regeneration, and a bit more protection.

Which is where my relative inexperience comes into play, as I simply find it hard to gauge where the trade off is worth it and where not. In particular with hit rating, which as a capped stat is difficult to evaluate in a vacuum.

From a first look the slots where Scarlet Circle is the most competitive seem to be in no particular order Head, Legs, Shoulders and Wrists. But that is just a mildly educated guess, and 'being competitive' still does not mean 'a better choice that Brittle Blade'.

Hence any outside advice is welcome.
    Last edited by Belatsunat; 12th August 2014 at 13:01.

BB is superior considering hit rating is desirable for T4, as well as having better crit rating. The protection SC gear offers is nominal, and the fact BB offers intelligence for WotS while SC offers none it's easy to see which is better.
    Doomsayer 2008

It is just as easy to use the armor builder at AoC > TV.

The main differences between the sets are the loss of 1500 mana if you go for full Brittle Blade, and the loss of 290 hit rating (almost 8%) if you go for full Scarlet Circle. The Scarlet Circle shoulders are better than the Brittle Blade ones when looking at raw damage, and actually just a few magic damage points behind T4 shoulders. I would go for a full Brittle Blade from the vendors, and go for the Scarlet Circle shoulders that drop from Pagoda HM.

http://i.imgur.com/m7UOBS2.jpg

Get BB stuff.From Sc legs/boots/shoulders and maybe wrists are interesting.I used to mix and match depending on encounter when i was using those sets.If you don't need the very high hit rating i 'd suggest Sc legs/boots.Rest BB.If you don't need the -hate mods mix in shoulders/wrists as well if you wish.Replace accordingly when you do need the hit rating and its probably the optimal thing to do before t4 gear kicks in.

Also in the process of getting t4 gear check those numbers again since some t4 pieces have less hit rating and until you get weapons and big pieces you might drop below what's required on hit rating as you upgrade.

How about the unchained set? Is it just me or does it seem pretty **** compared to Khitai sets? Can't imagine that the prot weighs up for the low constitution, even where prot matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    How about the unchained set? Is it just me or does it seem pretty **** compared to Khitai sets? Can't imagine that the prot weighs up for the low constitution, even where prot matters.
    The chest piece is an interesting alternative, the other pieces aren't.

Default For Beginners

BB:
    2412 - Armor
    1883 - Critigation Amount
    +2520 - Health
    +1065 - Mana
    +630 - Stamina
    +24.85 - Natural Mana Regen
    +15.75 - Natural Stamina Regen
    +47.25 - OOC Health Regen
    +47.25 - OOC Stamina Regen
    +134.9 - OOC Mana Regen
    +595 - Magic Damage
    +440 - Hit Rating
    +220 - Critical Rating
    +60 - Hate Decrease Rating
    +256 - Critical Damage Rating
    +177.5 - Cold/Electrical/Fire Protection

Scarlet:
    2412 - Armor
    +2400 - Health
    +2614 - Mana
    +600 - Stamina
    +72 - Natural Mana Regen
    +15 - Natural Stamina Regen
    +45 - OOC Health Regen
    +45 - OOC Stamina Regen
    +655 - Magic Damage
    +150 - Hit Rating
    +135 - Critical Rating
    +238 - Critical Damage Rating
    +400 - Protection

Mixed:
    1 Head - Blade's Veil of Arcane Death
    2 Chest - Blade's Tunic of Arcane Death
    3 Shoulder - Summoner's Straps of Prestige *
    4 Wrist - Summoner's Bands of Sovereign Rule *
    5 Hands - Blade's Grips of the Grim Cabal
    6 Belt - Blade's Belt of the Grim Cabal
    7 Legs - Blade's Breeches of the Grim Cabal
    8 Feet - Summoner's Boots of Sovereign Rule *
    9 Back
    10 Necklace
    11 Left Ring
    12 Right Ring
    13 Main Hand
    14 Off Hand

2412 Armor
    +2560 - Health
    +1683 - Mana
    +640 - Stamina
    +43.45 - Natural Mana Regen
    +16 - Natural Stamina Regen
    +48 - OOC Health Regen
    +48 - OOC Stamina Regen
    +89.3 - OOC Mana Regen
    +631 - Magic Damage
    +315 - Hit Rating
    +220 - Critical Rating
    +251 - Critical Damage Rating
    +150 - Protection
    +117.5 - Cold/Electrical/Fire Protection
    Vykthor (Barb) - Vykthorya (Demo) - Vyko (Guard) - Vyky (Pom)

"No Fear! No Limits! No Equal!" / SENNA /