Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Feedback on the World Boss

Quote Originally Posted by silv3rfawx View Post
    Add mechanics that entice people to use skill on the WB
    loool

use skill in pve? defuq

i kinda 2manned 10% of the wb with a random shammy couple nights ago until other fellas started showing up on fury. there is no possible way to demonstrate any kind of skill on a wb whatsoever

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Yeah I agree with you. This was in particular annoying before they patched the boss though. One time, the boss fight lasted for 50 minutes, and 4 out of 19 players was doing 50% of damage to the boss. If they too would afk or slack you would look at a two hour kill time... Also a non-lvl 80 should not be able to get a legendary cloak. Not that it is a huge skill level needed to kill the world bosses anyway, but a lowbie that hasn't even done the destiny quest chain up to killing Thoth-Amon should definitely NOT be able to wear a legendary cloak.
    I agree with this.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    My feedback is that I am having a GREAT TIME on this World Boss!!! This Boss is FUN!!! Funcom was on the ball fixing the issues in the beginning and they even extended the event 2 days! Funcom has been showing some signs of life recently, and I like that.

To the OP, if after your 80th+ WB kill and you have not gone afk a few times and you are still going full balls-out on the boss the whole time every single fight giving it all you have 100% every time until your eyes bleed, I will give you a cookie.

BTW, I hope I get to see myself standing there afk during WB fights in the videos you said you were going to post! I'm the only level 80 toon that still has her slave shackles on, as far as I know.

-Enjoy!

No need for cookie but going AFK for the majority of a fight OR DPS the boss for 1 or 2 damage per combo on lowbie toons which is what people do now should not allow for loot, I stand by my comment.

I don't know it might be you in my video, I'll upload it when I have time, its to prove a point with fact.

Auto-boot people who go AFK for more then 60 seconds.

Why?

Don't contribute to the fight you don't get anything.

Too many times do I see low and high level players go AFK for the majority of the fight doing nothing ( I have video proof and will upload to YouTube shortly and provide link )

Level restriction WB only available for people from level 60+

Why?

No point in having a level 40 - 50 do no damage on the boss and get gear

Same reason as above - Don't contribute to the fight you don't get anything, Players level 60 and below do not contribute enough damage to warrant loot

Add mechanics that entice people to use skill on the WB

Why?

When these players gear up with T2 or T3 loot from the WB and they join a T2 / T3 Raid they do not know what they are doing yet they have the gear so where's the reward for people who listen and don't wipe the raid as apposed to a newbie who has full T3 set and wipes over and over and then wonders what they've done.
    You know what? No.

I'm paying.... whatever it is I'm paying a month, and if I want to stand there and do F**K all, then that's exactly what I'm going to do. And if I wanna bring a crappy lowbie toon and get loot? I'll do that too. I often wander off mid fight and make a snack or hang the washing - or used to before they made it EZ mode anyway.

This ain't a raid. Or a dungeon. It's a glorified loot Piñata. It's a bit of fun for people to muck about with once a month and get a new shiny gold cape after a year.

These bosses don't need ridiculous, hard core restrictions. FFS.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    You know what? No.

I'm paying.... whatever it is I'm paying a month, and if I want to stand there and do F**K all, then that's exactly what I'm going to do. And if I wanna bring a crappy lowbie toon and get loot? I'll do that too. I often wander off mid fight and make a snack or hang the washing - or used to before they made it EZ mode anyway.

This ain't a raid. Or a dungeon. It's a glorified loot Piñata. It's a bit of fun for people to muck about with once a month and get a new shiny gold cape after a year.

These bosses don't need ridiculous, hard core restrictions. FFS.
    I'm paying as well, and if I want to put my suggestions forward then that's exactly what I'm going to do. And if I don't want crappy lowbie toons doing no damage to the world boss and receiving T2 T3 loot I'll voice my opinion.

These bosses do need restrictions as per my suggestions.

I'm paying as well, and if I want to put my suggestions forward then that's exactly what I'm going to do. And if I don't want crappy lowbie toons doing no damage to the world boss and receiving T2 T3 loot I'll voice my opinion.

These bosses do need restrictions as per my suggestions.

Worldbosses are put in zones where people level. You dont like the fact that theres going to be lowbies stumbling around in your instance? Suggest that they stick the bosses in Kheshetta or Tarantia Commons district. Or request that they only trigger in epic areas.

Yes, worldbosses need some restrictions in regards to some things, but suggesting that they limit instances to 65+ in an area where level 5-24 people quest is just a**nine.

The world boss is fun for a lot of folks, it takes nothing away from you for others to get whatever is in the box. It makes folks happy, and they love getting the items, well maybe not electric boogie, but its a win for everyone. After doing hard core raiding its fun to just relax and play whatever the heck I want however the heck I want to. I think if you want hard to get loot, go do Coils, but you lose NOTHING by what anyone else gets on this World Boss. If folks want to grind the world boss until their eyes bleed it takes nothing from you. Its super nice to have a no brainer instance where folks can just joke and have fun with no stress. Its very good for those little toons that folks are crying about too, because once they get some of the gear they may just wanna stick around and level to 80, and if they don't, we still have lost nothing. T1,T2 gear will at least get some folks a decent start and hopefully give those in smaller guilds or social guilds something to look forward to.
    Last edited by sugarspice; 11th August 2014 at 04:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    - No loot for tanks not in def stance.
    Why ? They don't learn to tank so they'll be useless in real raids Qq
    Actually you are wrong dude. I would say NO LOOT to conqs running in def stance and brute specs and NO LOOT for guards running S&S builds. 99,9% of them cant tank WB cause its broken magic invuls - so switch to pole / carnage and at least try to do some decent DPS please :P
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Shhh you made too much credit to my internet sarcasm, people will think i'm really serious :P

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast