Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hotfix today

Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    Obviously, we try our best to give as much advance notice as possible. In today's case, we gave as much notice as we could. Our fantastic team was also able to get this done rapidly, trying their best not to interrupt your gaming experience.

I am sorry for the momentary inconvenience.
    Since you are new here i ll break it to you .This "as fast as possible hotfixes etc " somehow magically always pop on Eu prime raiding times AND days.And it's become annoying.And unlike what the usual trolls say we do have lives so when we make our weekly schedule and try to fit 1-2 raids into it and this happens over and over it's double annoying.Fortunately in the end i had to work tonight so i didn't raid anyway and i can stop ranting about it ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    Obviously, we try our best to give as much advance notice as possible. In today's case, we gave as much notice as we could. Our fantastic team was also able to get this done rapidly, trying their best not to interrupt your gaming experience.

I am sorry for the momentary inconvenience.
    Thanks funcom for patching this so quickly. The fact that when this was pointed out to you and your responded so fast is awesome. Many of us players think so please pass that along to your team.

You guys really go all emo about a video game??!!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenitee View Post
    Dear Funcom,

The hotfix today is a good move due to the high HP on the World boss.

However the timing and short announcment is really bad. At this time the major part of the European guilds have scheduled raids at this time (European primetime). It has been mentioned alot of times before to you but can you please notify the european playerbase earlier when these kind of patches come. I know that alot of players hurry home from work and other engagements etc to make these raids and raidleaders prepare for the raids and so on. I find this very disrespectful of you.

Regards

Z

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Since you are new here i ll break it to you .This "as fast as possible hotfixes etc " somehow magically always pop on Eu prime raiding times AND days.And it's become annoying.And unlike what the usual trolls say we do have lives so when we make our weekly schedule and try to fit 1-2 raids into it and this happens over and over it's double annoying.Fortunately in the end i had to work tonight so i didn't raid anyway and i can stop ranting about it ;D

Considering that there were 34 instances of 20 players apiece yesterday in the morning : 34 x 20 = 780 players...and a raid or two has 48...

perhaps more people are happy that they put in the hot fix asap vs waiting til late US pm for a hotfix?

If they did it anytime...when is it ok? 11 pm PST? That takes a whole another 12 plus hours off of the wb. 7 am PST? That's in the EU time period too?

When would the best time be for a hotfix? An 'emergency' fix?

p.s. Funcom is on CST work day, right? So won't any hotfixes pretty much have to be in morning/late afternoon PST which is EU prime time?

This isnt the 1st time occurance. Funcom has been perpetrating these short notice interveniances during EU prime time ever since server merges. 1 EU has the largest active playerbase on the game. 2 theyre the ones paying more for the same content (€ - $ currency isnt the same) 3. EU players got the shaft on latency after last merges. 4. Remaining US players would be the 1st to come bitching on the forums over inconvenient downtimes, regardless of the importance of a fix. 5.the world boss issue wasnt even game breaking halth. Cut them some slack, funcom has 24 hours to chose for a hotfix, they sure can consider all the above equations when implementing them.
    Last edited by Wulfgaarr; 7th August 2014 at 20:10. Reason: cellphone typos

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    When would the best time be for a hotfix? An 'emergency' fix?

p.s. Funcom is on CST work day, right? So won't any hotfixes pretty much have to be in morning/late afternoon PST which is EU prime time?
    Emergency fix is good right when that thing went live ?No ?Since that didn't happen you can find a better time to arrange it ?No ?..And yeah ,i never saw 12:00 GMT on Mondays ever annoying anyone around patches.Weird,truly

Well, we had a T4 yesterday at 8pm GMT+2, while the Hotfix took place between 7.45 and 8.15 (end of downtime announced for 8.45 though). In the end we had our people together at 9pm and had a good raid, though we had some 30-45 min less than usual (usually our raid should start at 8.00, but effectively it becomes 8.15-8.30 nearly always). All in all: it was okay for us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12