Thread: Turning in pvp

Default Turning in pvp

A number of the guides I've read have insisted that for pvp you have to use the mouse to turn - the A and D keys are too slow. In threads I've read a couple of people have argued that this is not the case.

Can I compete in pvp using keyboard movement?

I'm used to activating skills with one hand while the other controls movement with keyboard or occasionally mouse. This is how I've been playing so far in pve and it is great for weapon combo's - 1,2,3 and 7, 8, 9 on number pad are attacks while 4,5,6 are direction of attack. Attacks are placed so that the direction of attack key for the first step of the combo is directly below/above the attack.

I'm confused as to what people are doing in AoC? In one guide the guy used one hand for movement, forward and back, plus skills, and the other for mouse to turn. This sounds tricky.

I suspect I'm missing something really obvious.

I have extra buttons on my mouse so I could bind direction of attack there.

Help appreciated.

I personally like to use mouse to run/turn/camera by holding down left and right click, i put my directional attacks on 1,2,3,q,e and bind skills to my alt and shift keys...example : alt+1, alt+2, alt+q, alt+e etc....as well as have skills bound on 4,5,6,`,r,t,f,g,and v as well as alt+ and shift+ variations, opens up the possibilty of alot more binds for faster reaction and binding all of your skills and abilities, all accessable with one hand

Both sides are right. For melee chars mouse movement is a must.

I recommend watching this tutorial video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehUq...Lau2IHnXsLCEdw

For ranged dmg chars like ranger, demo or necro it's not a must although your surviveability will rise a lot with mouse movement. (I couldn't resist)

movement is key id highly recommend giving it a try but in the end doing what is most comfortable is what matters the most

set strafe left to A strafe right to D,

Hold right click and turn the camera and character at the same time while wasd is main movement

Read my pvp guide and it'll tell you all about it and more
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)